Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

I7 is live

Post#1 » 06 Jun 2006, 23:54

Title says it all.

http://www.cityofheroes.com/news/patch_notes.html

Whole lotta stuff.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post#2 » 07 Jun 2006, 00:13

heh we speculated this would be the case when the servers went down a little early :)

some nice defence buffs in there, not that my SR scrapper struggled (or I played him much lol) but I'll take buffs where I can get 'em ;)

also some cool little things
The camera has been changed to be smoother and avoid 'popping' for small items - for example, a light pole between yourself and the camera should not jerk the camera forward now.
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#3 » 07 Jun 2006, 00:27

Yeah lots of nice little things, like the decrease in the 2nd tier MM pet buff :D
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post#4 » 07 Jun 2006, 08:26

Spyder wrote:
also some cool little things
The camera has been changed to be smoother and avoid 'popping' for small items - for example, a light pole between yourself and the camera should not jerk the camera forward now.

This helps me HEAPS!

The constant flashing of camera angle makes me feel queezy.

and damn you spot for beating me :)

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)

Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#5 » 07 Jun 2006, 09:32

Hmm still have an account for the next 9 days...

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#6 » 10 Jun 2006, 23:54

Well despite some people suffering some pretty consistant crashing problems I have to say that I am really enjoying I7 so far. There have been some nice story arcs, but the AV fights have been nice and tough and a lot of the new mission maps are awesome (assaulting a longbow carrier thing for one). Grandville also becomes a hell of a lot less painful after or level or two so stuff like the turrets arent instadeath.

That said they really did make SS a non option for Villains. CoV was always more SS unfriendly than CoH but now its basically just a luxury power you might take if you go for hasten.
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post#7 » 12 Jun 2006, 00:13

sigh, I was afraid of that when I heard about the vertical zone thing. Not that I've played my SS/DA brute much but I really wanted a SS character :(
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)