Forum for Champions Online, CoX, DC Universe players to chat and organise

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

CoH/Cov Update

Post#1 » 25 Apr 2006, 10:57

Guys,

I get the 'jist' that a number of people will revisit CoH/CoV when I7 so I thought I'd give an update.

** When is I7?

In short '3-4 weeks'. The long version - it will always be 4weeks ish until the pre download arrives on the test server. The typical chain of events for an issue release is:
- pre download available on test (day 0)
- activate on test (day 3-7)
- pre download available on live (day 10-14)
- active on live (day 14-21)

I stress these time frames are an opinion and not set in stone. It may go quicker from test to live if no major issues, or it may take longer once ppl hammer it and find some issues the devs need to fix.

On the day an issue goes live, the servers go down at around 9pm (+10 GMT) and don't come back till after midnight. Each issue seems to take longer. I expect this issue to take longer.

I typically check if pre download is available on test ever 2-3days. I also check the CoH dev threads. Don't worry I'll make an announcement in this forum if the pre download becomes available.

** What's the status of the various Aussies SGs on CoH/CoV?

In CoH there are three main SGs:
- Defenders of the Southern Cross (i.e 'us')
- Trashgallery (TG)
- PCA
and a couple of others to note:
- Southern All Stars (don't see them much)
- Rainbow Force (haven't seen RF in a long time)

TG has the better base :) It has teleporters to all the various CoH hazard zones. We can use these. It is quite handy to use when going from PI to CF etc... Don't forget when using a teleporter to get real close and "look down" before you can activate them.

In CoV there are two main SGs:
- SINISTER
- Southern Cross Syndicate

The goal here is to make SINISTER to have the best raid capable base. SINISTER at one stage was the third highest SG on justice. We've since slipped a bit. Don't forget to be in SG mode to earn prestige for the base.

When in SG mode you earn full influency/infamy till about lvl20ish, and from lvl32ish you earn no influence when in SG mode. So lvl <20 please be in SG mode, but above that use your discretion (i.e if you are running low on infamy/influence run with sg mode off)

** Anything else to note:

All the Australians are primarily on the Justice server for both CoV and CoH.

I suggest joining the following channels (use the commands from the tab window)
- Australia
- Justice-Hamidon
- Justice Badge

I suggest putting the Justice channels in their own tab. Channel Australia is the central meeting point for everyone. It's easier to find the people logged on in our time zone on this channel.

If you need to find a team a good command to recall is '/search'. This command it's easy to find possible team mates. Grey'd out names are in teams, bright names are running solo.

I can be reached by "/t @nucleon oz, " in game if you need to know anything.

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post#2 » 25 Apr 2006, 11:16

thanks for the update mate :)
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » 26 Apr 2006, 10:12

Silly question but have there been many base raids and stuff like that?

edit: In addition if SINISTER wants free influence they can ad me while I level up to 20. If not I dont mind, I dont wanna hassle people unless I cna stick with the game for a decent period of time :)
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#4 » 26 Apr 2006, 10:53

Thanks for the info, Craig. I'll no doubt resub when I7 goes live.

Are base raids dependent on having an Item of Power? And are IOPs in game yet? Something to do with the Temple of [insert name] mission involving up to 24 players? Damn my hazy memory.

Rob
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post#5 » 27 Apr 2006, 18:43

Base raids?

Something I haven't been involved in. I don't think SINISTER base is totally raid worthy yet. We need more prestige.

Prestige - currency used to build base stuff. This is only earnt in SG mode.

Infamy/Influence - Villain/Hero currency used to buy enhancements, increase difficulty level and probably something else I can't recall.

I believe you can challange an opposing SG leader to a base raid now. But there are no IOPs. IOP = Item of power. IOPs give bonuses to all chars in an SG.

You're right Rob, temple of insert-name is where it's at. I can't recall the name either. :) It's an SG mission. But that mission is not avail on live yet. They tested the mission aaages ago on test for about a week, then we haven't seen it since.

Kash - we'd love to have you in SINSITER. What makes COH/CoV awesome is the team action. 99% of the time you don't need an optimised team of 1x tank, 1x healer and 1x dmg. You can't get by with pretty much any combo. Although 3x controllers pre-lvl 32 is time consuming. :)

I don't think there is anyone in SINISTER that I'd stay clear of. They are all a pretty decent bunch of people. It's that Breton Bowman (Hero/Defender) that you need to careful of :)

And stalkers rock. Stalkers are surprisingly fun. Assassins strike is awesome. And having the UI tell you when you are hidden is a nice Quality of life touch.

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#6 » 27 Apr 2006, 22:08

Stalkers are lots of fun. I got my MA/Ninjitsu one to 31-32 or so before the lure of the MM took over.

And 3 Dominators pre-32, while slow, would be pretty safe. I loved playing my Ice/Ice Dom in large groups and going berserk with crowd control. Loads of fun.

Rob
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.