An Idea...

Forum for Champions Online, CoX, DC Universe players to chat and organise

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post#16 » 01 Feb 2006, 19:28

Rockitt wrote:Have you guys played together yet?

Nup.

I was online at the time, but noone was around. I mesg'd chrien - but no reply as yet.

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#17 » 03 Feb 2006, 11:09

My apologies guys, my cable modem died on the 40 degree day we had on the 22nd here in Melbourne, took optus till this morning to get a replacement out to me. Should be back in game sometime today, and hopefully we can get this on track if people are still interested?
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#18 » 03 Feb 2006, 18:40

Chrien talk to Sera u made him cry by not being online.

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#19 » 03 Feb 2006, 22:13

yer I did heh.

Went to login to the game and realised my free month trial is up. I'm in two minds about whether or not to activate and continue playing.

On the one hand when grouped with SC/Sinister ppl I had a ton of fun, but these moments were all too rare with activity not being that great.

Thats the one thing WoW has going for it, its got so many people playing there is always someone on.

So dunno I'll think about it over the weekend and let you guys know.
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#20 » 03 Feb 2006, 23:21

Anyway I'm hanging up my cape in a couple weeks.

Going to run with caster and stealth groups in DAOC. WoW (end game) isn't my cup of tea.

You could always join Fig, Matt, myself and a few others in DAOC. Sif! :)

Cheers
Rob
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#21 » 05 Feb 2006, 20:25

I'm not going to reactivate, whilst CoV does have alot going for it, it just doesn't feel like it has enough depth, I know I7 will change alot of that so I might be back then.

Must say, the things they do, are done very well for the most part. Just needs to be more.

Haven't decided if I'll pick up another MMO, whilst I enjoyed daoc immensly when I played it, its decling player base and the lack of people during Oceania primetime undermines its appeal for me, nothing worse than an empty server.

WoW has players and a developer thats pumping out quite a bit of content (although lacking variety, most of it being either BG pvp or large raid pve) and is definatly going to be popular still in a couple of years, but I have my doubts about whether I should renew my sub or not.

So might stay MMO less for a while, try out I7 when it comes out and see if it catches me.
Chrien

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#22 » 05 Feb 2006, 22:16

Chrien wrote:I'm not going to reactivate, whilst CoV does have alot going for it, it just doesn't feel like it has enough depth, I know I7 will change alot of that so I might be back then.

Must say, the things they do, are done very well for the most part. Just needs to be more.

Haven't decided if I'll pick up another MMO, whilst I enjoyed daoc immensly when I played it, its decling player base and the lack of people during Oceania primetime undermines its appeal for me, nothing worse than an empty server.

WoW has players and a developer thats pumping out quite a bit of content (although lacking variety, most of it being either BG pvp or large raid pve) and is definatly going to be popular still in a couple of years, but I have my doubts about whether I should renew my sub or not.

So might stay MMO less for a while, try out I7 when it comes out and see if it catches me.

Welcome to my world, Chrien :(

CoV just lost Lord Recluse, I'm guessing he quit from the gossip. That's a big blow for that game. I also thought about DAoC, but the fact I've lost my old account details, and the fact I've left it many times before, says to me it'll just be a passing thing. WoW is just gone for me, it's the domain of large raiding guilds now, and although this guild is one, I've done my work elsewhere.

So, I'm in the same boat m8, in hover mode til the next thing comes along.

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post#23 » 05 Feb 2006, 22:19

I'm back into WoW raiding myself, we're struggling to get started on BWL and working to fix that is going to be an interesting challenge.

Much like last year however the weekly group with the extraordinary 8 is more than worth the CoH/CoV subscription.
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#24 » 05 Feb 2006, 23:28

Totally agree with you, Chrien. CoH/V is good and the updates are excellent, however, they take time.

I'll definitely drop in to check out I7 or 8 or 9 or whatever. :)

To counter declining numbers, DAOC's introduced server clusters. Good old Lancelot is clustered with 3 other servers now. There are essentially 4 instances of standard PvE zones - 1 per clustered server. Makes finding your own spot to PvE in rather easy. On the plus side, New Frontiers is only 1 zone, so everyone gets to RvR together. That ought to improve player numbers.

Fig has done some awesome work PLing our stealth group. My infiltrator was 35 on Friday night and is now almost 47. We've got some quests to run, artifacts to obtain, spellcrafted gear to buy and so on, but we'll soon be RvRing.

Cheers
Rob
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#25 » 06 Feb 2006, 00:00

Yer I'm more than aware that daoc has taken significant steps to change itself, but its slowing down the decline, not stopping it. All MMOs reach a certain point where they stop getting new members and start losing old ones, daoc reached this around the time WoW came out. From my point of view, I'm not really keen on playing a game where all the time I put into a character could go up in smoke in the next 12 months or so.

WoW is all about raiding, which has its place and is fun, but I found I burnt out from it (mainly cause I was doing it for loot and not with people I really knew on Proudmoore), I'm sure its different when you're grouped with people in SC who you've played with for ages, possibly in other MMOs etc. I'd jump over to BR in a flash but the sever as a whole has always struck me as somewhat juvinile, I'm not sure why, maybe its because during primetime Aussie all the kids are playing whereas on Proudmoore all the yank kidddies are tucked in bed and theres not that many aussie ones around. Further the PvP playstyle shits me, farming gold and items for raiding is a big enough chore as it is without some asshat rogue jumping you midfight...

The saddest thing is that the new MMOs coming out haven't really taken my fancy either, some have good ideas but they seem to be just that, ideas and whether they'll actually become reality or not I don't know.

Argh!!!
Chrien