34 grind (again!)

Forum for Champions Online, CoX, DC Universe players to chat and organise

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

34 grind (again!)

Post#1 » 08 Dec 2005, 08:09

I don't know why but in CoV I always run out of missions...
24,29 and now 34. I'm out of contact and 1 level of newspaper missions is not what I'm looking forward to.
There are 2 contacts to unlock: One is by defeating the scrapyard ghost... The other one is by a badge that seems to be broken.

I've as well got 50 badges for the another contact to unlock in 35-40. But it seems that I can't get the gangster badge. I've fought for 4hours Marcone Capos (in Port Oakes) and no progress bar is moving and I'm pretty sure that I should have beaten at least 100 of them.

It's a bit of a shame that you run out of missions that easily. I'm playing in malicious to max the xp but I think i'll switch the difficulty 2 levels up to try to capture as much xp per mish as possible.

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#2 » 08 Dec 2005, 12:30

I'd suggest teaming up and doing other players' missions.

I've yet to run out of missions at level 29.

Cheers
Rob
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#3 » 08 Dec 2005, 13:21

Sadly that's what I did. But in groups, you tend to do newspaper missions, which are not so much fun.

The rant was more that CoV lacks a bit of content to make the trip to 40 enjoyable.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#4 » 08 Dec 2005, 14:50

alteast between 1-25 it seems there are far more contact missions than you can do without outlevelling. I run most missions on malicious and easilly out level contacts when not solo.

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#5 » 08 Dec 2005, 16:28

My alt is level 20 now and I've picked up a few contacts my main never got. I think it's quite difficult not to outlevel contacts.

Again, grouping plays a fair part in my experience growth, and there are numerous paper missions.

I'm not even at the stage of chasing contacts by the "fancy" means of badge collection.

There's a players guide on the official forums discussing the optimal way to level from 1-15 which entails picking up loads of contacts on the way. It was a revealing read.

Cheers
Rob
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#6 » 08 Dec 2005, 19:01

Ehehe, trust me the paper missions get tiring pretty quickly. I seriously miss hazard zones (Perez Park, Boomtown, Hollows, Crey's Folly)