Make sure your account has been upgraded properly!

Forum for Champions Online, CoX, DC Universe players to chat and organise

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Make sure your account has been upgraded properly!

Post by Faust » 26 Oct 2005, 10:48

I upgraded incorrectly my accounts with the CoV pre-order code.
Support can help if you used the Add games function rather than UPGRADE.
Check the post to ensure that your account is upgraded correctly

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat ... =1#3930236

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post by Spyder » 26 Oct 2005, 11:06

heh I used add games for my beta code, which I think was the right one (I saw a red post that using upgrade for the beta code screws you over)

I wonder which one we have to use for CoV retail, I'm guessing it's the upgrade button. Looks like the Oct 31 release is going ahead!

*prays that he didn't cancel the pre-order in vain*
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by Faust » 26 Oct 2005, 11:30

Ok i'm waiting now for my new Pre-order codes!

Brit and I are away this week-end! Crap...

TheBandit
Grunt

Post by TheBandit » 26 Oct 2005, 15:23

Did someone mention previously that you can preorder off the CoH website? I want to get CoV as soon as possible, but doubt the availability of it here in Hong Kong.
The Extraordinary 8
Protecting Paragons Citizens every Tuesday since October 2004
Mindwipe
Devising Diabolical Schemes for S.I.N.I.S.T.E.R. since 31 Oct 05

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by Faust » 26 Oct 2005, 15:34

Hello,

they said that it will be possible to buy the code off the internet (via the PlayNC account). But they did not mention anything about pre-order.
Last time, it was not possible to buy in pre-order but after the headstart you could buy the code.

I used interactcd.com to get my pre-order codes online by email. But it took few days for them to answer me. You may try eBay to get a pre-order box

TheBandit
Grunt

Post by TheBandit » 26 Oct 2005, 17:48

Yeah I think it was either Spyder or Nuc who posted this link over on the X-8 Forum. Just wondering how it all works.

If I purchase my preorder from that web site (9.99), I still need to purchase the full full version. So what happens if i dont purchase the full version. Or how long do I get to purchase the full version before my preorder playability goes caput?

If I just purchase the full version I then get beta access (not really a requirement as I already have it) and I get the full version of the game without any worries of getting my 9.99 rebate for the preorder.

So what have other people done and what are you planning to do when its time for the game to go live? As I expect you will need a different key again to that of the preorder.
The Extraordinary 8
Mindwipe

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by Faust » 26 Oct 2005, 18:16

You have an official go live date.

People with a pre-order code can play 2 or 3 days before the go live.
But you need a retail code (full version) to play from go live date onwards.

In Australia, you can't get the preorder code via local shops. You have to get it from Overseas.

Problem is: if you order from the States (and find a shop willing to do it), you can play the headstart, but then you need your retail box to arrive in order to play from the go-live date.

So the solution if you want to play from headstart without stopping once it goes live:
Get the preorder code from a friend in the States, eBay or Interactcd.
Then find on the go-live date a retail code (hopefully we'll be able to buy from PlayNC online) in order to keep playing.

Clear? :)

Now on the interactcd.com, you indeed pay USD10 to get the preorder code, but they'll deduce USD10 from the retail version if you buy from them.

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post by nucleon » 26 Oct 2005, 18:54

Werks,

One word - "Chil". :)

When did you start CoH? A month or 2 in right?

Did you miss anything?

Probably about a bug or two. So missing 3days of the pre release isn't going to matter much. I6 has all the CoV code. So you already have the CoV content, so for the most part the package is irrelevent. CuppaJo has explicitly stated that CoV will be able to be purchased from their site from 31st October.

Come Oct31, you'll buy the code from their site and probably save yourself $10-20USD while you're at it.

And besides Civ4 is out this week as well :) Tough call, Civ4 v CoV...hmmmm....

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)

TheBandit
Grunt

Post by TheBandit » 27 Oct 2005, 12:40

nucleon wrote:And besides Civ4 is out this week as well :) Tough call, Civ4 v CoV...hmmmm....

-- Craig

Thanks Faust/Claude. Yeah, I suppose a week aint going to kill me. I think I'll by pass the head start and just try to locate it here somewhere in Hong Kong.

I also will be in a dilema as to which game to play; Civ4 or CoV. I am a Civ addict so I think CoV until you guiys in Oz go to bed, then Civ4 till my bed time... or whatever time I can drag my sorry ass away from the PC :lol: .

Also I'm up for joining up with the SouthernCross Syndicate (if thats what its going to be called). Maybe, as Spyder suggested, we should try to combine the PCA and SC?
The Extraordinary 8
Mindwipe

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by Faust » 27 Oct 2005, 14:24

I'll agree with Craig. It's just so much more fun to be hardcore and to start as soon as possible. :)

Sharez_Jek
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post by Sharez_Jek » 27 Oct 2005, 15:29

Bandit, being a HK frequent visitor, I seem to remember a games shop in Star House, which is near the ferry (Kowloon side)
Try there.
I Am Drunk of Borg - Resistance Is Floor Tile!!

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by Faust » 27 Oct 2005, 15:32

Sharez_Jek wrote:Bandit, being a HK frequent visitor, I seem to remember a games shop in Star House, which is near the ferry (Kowloon side)
Try there.

Ohh that's where I bought Baldur's gate 2.

TheBandit
Grunt

Post by TheBandit » 27 Oct 2005, 15:38

Well if people are coming to Hong Kong, ya gotta let me know! I do get starved for an Aussie accent every now and then!

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably go to the Games shop in Mongkok where I bought CoH though. Going to go and check them out tonight and see when I can get my hands on it! And to see if Civ4 has hit the shelves.

Actually PC games are generally much cheaper here then in Oz. Most non-mmo and mainstream games are around $40-50 Aussie. However CoH cost me just over A$100. Similarily WoW cost just on A$100. The US MMOs seem to cost a lot here. At the end of the day $100 aint much for how much entertainment it has given me (even after including for the monthly fee it has still been great value).
The Extraordinary 8
Mindwipe

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by Faust » 27 Oct 2005, 15:45

I have a bloody french accent! (I am French).

It is likely I'll buy the game online. I'll see if EBGames receive the game soon but otherwise PlayNC is my friend.

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post by Spyder » 27 Oct 2005, 15:53

TheBandit wrote:Going to go and check them out tonight and see when I can get my hands on it! And to see if Civ4 has hit the shelves.
well civ4 is now... uh... "available" so if it isn't on the shelves it will be soon.
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)