Forum for Champions Online, CoX, DC Universe players to chat and organise

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

I5 live and very bad news for Aussies

Post#1 » 01 Sep 2005, 08:56

I5 is live, get ready for your respec!

As well, they changed the maintenance time from 9pm to 11pm Sydney time. Not too sure why I'd continue to pay for this game if I can't play during the week :(

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post#2 » 01 Sep 2005, 09:57

yeah noticed that this morning... if it went live last night, does that mean have they changed it to wednesday maintenance as well? if not that's going to kick x8 in the pants :cry:

I'll jump on with my characters in the next few days, hit lv60 in WoW last night so no more pressure to play :D
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)

Sharez_Jek
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post#3 » 01 Sep 2005, 10:02

And yet another kick up the butt for Aussie players :(
I Am Drunk of Borg - Resistance Is Floor Tile!!

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#4 » 01 Sep 2005, 10:08

Last night the announcement was the std message: Daily maintenance <blablabla> in 10 minutes (@8:50pm).

I'll ask on the boards if they'll do the same with CoV or if we can have the chance to have an aussie populated server with a different maintenance time.

MJ
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post#5 » 01 Sep 2005, 10:09

Spyder wrote:I'll jump on with my characters in the next few days, hit lv60 in WoW last night so no more pressure to play :D

oh theres pressure.... time to get another toon to 60. all my alts have been waiting for someone to play with again.
ImageImage

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Re: I5 live and very bad news for Aussies

Post#6 » 01 Sep 2005, 23:09

Faust wrote:I5 is live, get ready for your respec!

As well, they changed the maintenance time from 9pm to 11pm Sydney time. Not too sure why I'd continue to pay for this game if I can't play during the week :(

When ever the next issue comes out, it takes ages for the servers to rebuild. They probably just moved the maintenance 2hrs earlier to get I5 up in time for rush hour.

Tonight it went down at the usual time at 11pm.

No sweat.

Created a sonic/sonic defender on freedom. I rekon they would suit teaming with a fire tanker. I'd love a sonic def to team with my fire tanker on justice. Sonic/sonic is chock full of -RES debuffs. Sounds like it's sorta aimed between kinetics and a FF'er. Something to buff dmg, and something to mitigate damage (+RES shields)

Also created a archery/ice blaster. Thought about trick arrow/archery def, and thought I have far too many defenders, and zero blasters. Probably don't have enough patience for a blaster, but see how we go.

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#7 » 02 Sep 2005, 09:13

Myself I tried my new controller, I'm more like a blaster now. I went down the path of Fire EPP and I'm doing like 540 with my fireball over mobs 1-2 level higher than I. And i do around 300-400 with my fire blast.

It's pretty much a joke. I can still control. Not as good as before but not too bad.

Ohhh and my pet is 6-slot dmg and it's alright (130 a blast over mobs 1-2 levels higher).

My only frustration is that I still can't solo AVs: 3 missions: Defeat Nemesis (Nemesis final Arc mission), Stop Nemesis (Av name is "Nemesis?"), Arrest Anti-Matter and his men.

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post#8 » 02 Sep 2005, 09:22

heh I achieved absolutely zero in WoW last night because I didn't feel like joining a PUG and I wasn't early enough to catch the guild groups... I might jump on CoH tonight and help ya out.

Faust
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#9 » 02 Sep 2005, 17:02

Thanks Spyder! I'll try to catch you next time we're online.

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post#10 » 03 Sep 2005, 00:29

erm... sorry I didn't make it lol :oops:

very, very glad I went on the UBRS run in WoW though... picked up 2 pieces of my pally armour set, and the key to go on onyxia raids :)

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post#11 » 03 Sep 2005, 09:01

Last night it looks like the global chat server was down. I was on freedom if you wanted to get a hold of me.

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)