Reactivating CoX

Forum for Champions Online, CoX, DC Universe players to chat and organise

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Reactivating CoX

Post by Rockitt » 12 Feb 2010, 21:54

I was chatting to my mates about CO and CoX last week and developed a hankering to revisit the old stomping grounds. I assume it's changed a bit since I last played CoV in late 2005. The Going Rogue update (expandalone) is due out soon too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SItM3OLqb5w

Is anyone still actively playing CoX? If so, where do you hang out?
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

Sharez_Jek
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Re: Reactivating CoX

Post by Sharez_Jek » 14 Feb 2010, 08:55

You always did look good in Spandex Rob. :)
I Am Drunk of Borg - Resistance Is Floor Tile!!

nucleon
Bloodsail Admiral
Bloodsail Admiral

Post by nucleon » 20 Feb 2010, 09:40

I've gone back to WoW for the moment.

The key thing to get groups going and stuff is global channels.

The channels to be in are JFA2010, Justice-Badges and Australia. Not sure if you were around when these were setup.

Two major zones where stuff happens - Cimora and Rikti War Zone (formally Rikti Crash Site). These are dual hero/villain co-op zones - but you can't attack each other. You can form hero/villain teams here and do missions co-op.

To get into Cimora you need to do the qualifing mission see www.paragonwiki.com for details.

Invention Origin enhancements are pretty big now. This is the crafting side.

DotSC is pretty bare. SINISTER on villain side is the Oz villain group. It can get busy. I think Wed nights are big.

If you need to get around - DotSC group base has a lot of transporters to get around.

If someone you team with drops an orange symbol on the ground - Ourobus portal. Do click it. You need to get the badge in this zone so you can get your own Ouro portal. The portal helps you get around the place.

Don't hesitate to ask for help in the Australia channel. CoH people are waaay more friendlier than WoW people I find.

-- Craig
CoV - Soundspeed (Son/Kin Cor)
CoH - Ms Taken (Storm/NRG Def) GoldenRock (Rock/Rock Tank)
WoW - Omikron (Druid) KappaOmikron (Shaman)

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Rockitt » 20 Feb 2010, 14:51

Thanks Craig. I found a couple of the global channels and they're useful but I didn't know about the Australia channel. I'll chase up DotSC and SINISTER as SG/VG membership would be good. I was given an Ourobus token when I returned but haven't investigated its use.

Got into my first Rikti War Zone group last night and ran an Architect Editor mission. RWZ also has missions which I've begun playing. The ability to modify the challenge presented by a solo mission is extremely handy. You know yourself how easy it is to dispatch a standard group of 3 white/yellow minions or a minion/lieutenant combo. It's snooze worthy for most archetypes.

Still finding my way around IO enhancements and the badges system. The auction house has earned me a few million so far. Chump change really but it's a start.

I've mostly been playing my dark melee/regen scrapper but have mucked about on a fair number of my heroes/villains. Used my first ever respec last night and tuned up the scrapper. His slots were still configured for pre-ED enhancements and it was a chance to revitalise his powers.

Some of my mates play WoW but I read that CoH players were friendly and I know the game's more casual than WoW which suits me. The new expandalone 'Going Rogue' will be out in a few months and I plan to stick around at least that long.

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post by Chrien » 01 Mar 2010, 12:20

There are games more casual than wow? wtf!
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Rockitt » 01 Mar 2010, 18:18

Heh. IMO, WoW endgame raids aren't casual.

CoX has a small but active Aussie community. The game's changed a bit in the 4 years since I played. New content like ATs, power sets, costumes, task forces, etc. Invention origins and the market at least let you make a good amount of prestige/infamy to kit yourself without grinding.