Re: So i'm guessing .....

Post#16 » 02 Sep 2009, 07:43

zomg back up!

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#17 » 02 Sep 2009, 08:46

Are they constantly bringing the servers down? Everytime I've checked it in the past 40 hours or so, it says Server Down.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#18 » 02 Sep 2009, 08:59

I added you "Nazzah" :)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#19 » 02 Sep 2009, 09:26

Hmm no they've been up for me, I know they patched today which I believe has caused a few issues.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 » 02 Sep 2009, 09:35

Yeah, i'm at work. No playing till I get home :(
QQ

Thinking of being a Darkness character

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#21 » 02 Sep 2009, 22:24

btw guys, we have Defenders of the Southern Cross alive and kicking in CO.

I am @Spoticus for friends but I will barely be on weeknights. If you who defenders and say ur from SC you should be able to get in tho. Forum is over at http://z8.invisionfree.com/Extraordinar ... hp?act=idx along with the CoX forums.

PS Teleport rocks
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#22 » 03 Sep 2009, 00:23

Had a good play tonight and worked out a bit more how to develop the character thanks to Spot :P

Very fun game so far. My GF saw me playing and wanted to make a character 2hrs later she wants her own copy! lol

Combat is sorta typical MMO with a bit more focus on making it feel like action. Like I build up my energy with lots of quick shadow blasts then can hold down my shadow bolt skill for a huge projectile, you can only make it as big as how much energy you build up to put into it. The other attack i just got is shadow embrace which is a cone that is channeled and consumes energy.

I also know how to fly now! lol

Can't believe some of the characters you see around the place!! It's sorta fun just to go to all the training rooms and see what crap people come up with !!
E.g. I saw someone cloned the hulk, i saw a blood thirster from warhammer. Some people are inventive sorta ..... like a wolf/angel person lol, my favourite so far is a superhero called "Touchdown" who is an NFL player in appearance lol, complete with a huge manly mustache and shoulder pads ... lol

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#23 » 03 Sep 2009, 01:52

I'm enjoying it so far, character creation is absolutely nuts. I just made a character called Hypnotoad, and the first person that saw me immediately bowed down and worshipped me. Literally.

A lot of the characters I've seen have been surprisingly original. Very few total ripoffs or completely bland ideas.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#24 » 03 Sep 2009, 09:10

Sigh stop it, it sounds fun! I dont need more distractions! :p

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#25 » 03 Sep 2009, 21:26

Brilliant char creation..i bought it from D2D as well..now to figure wtf i am doing lol..

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#26 » 04 Sep 2009, 01:21

Did a little reading up on the system, and I wouldn't worry about too much about stats and minmaxing. It seems that you can effectively build almost any character any way you like. Stats don't work the same way they do in most MMO's. If you pick Ego for a superstat for your Might character, your damage will key off your Ego. One of the forum posters saw no melee damage increase with extra strength. So yea, looks like Super stats are real crucial.

Also, Melee currently seems really gimp in PvP from the little I've tried it. I ripped up on my electric character, but my dual swords character could do sweet nothing to anyone.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#27 » 04 Sep 2009, 10:16

hrmmm. There is a lot to be figured out still with the stats and really that is the first I heard about super stats becoming your main ones. Everyone would just choose constitution wouldn't they and have huge HP but it also goes towards your dmg. I dunno, you could be right but it just sounds odd to me if that was the way they did it.
My Darkness character is level 11 now. Able to kill a lot easier now that I have shadow form and ranked it up.
I also have a life tap skill that i use in PVP a lot, because if they run out of range it still channels and does the effect/damage despite being out of range.

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#28 » 04 Sep 2009, 11:38

Well, the other stats have other effects. Damage comes largely from your super stats, but Dex increases crit chance for everything, Ego increase how much damage a crit does, Int reduces cooldown times and the energy cost of moves, etc. I imagine Con will be a popular super stat for PvPers, but Dex/Ego is the best combo for outright damage (for most classes).

My Electric character will be Recovery/Endurance as some of my moves will scale with Recovery, and it keeps my energy equilibrium high (so I start with lots of energy), and Endurance increases Max energy and the amount of energy gained from energy builders. It probably won't be as damaging as a Dex/Ego build, but I'll be able to keep using non-energy builders indefinitely.

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#29 » 04 Sep 2009, 12:37

From the little I've read, it sounds interesting. I've been MMO-free since ditching WAR back in, oh, February or thereabouts and might jump into CO for a look-see.
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#30 » 04 Sep 2009, 21:38

The stat stuff can get complicated. For instance if your a Telekinesis build (with the Id blades) they use Ego for damage instead of Str, and you can get a skill to determine how much u can pick up with Ego instead of Str too. I am pretty sure there a lot of specific stuff like that in various builds.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa