Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: So i'm guessing .....

Post#32 » 16 Sep 2009, 19:22

Hi lads. I've hit up CO. @Surg3on

Nice and casual so I'm liking it.

I can see some of you have discussed stats. They confuse the hell outta me (WTF is a super stat?) so anywhere good to read , id appreciate a link.

Couldnt quite remake professor magma so ive made:
  • Insanity Pepper - Acrobatic gun toting jester chick
  • Dozer - Black, yellow, built like a .... well you get it
  • Psychotoad - Ego powered toad, gimped his powers and respecs too expensive :p
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#33 » 16 Sep 2009, 21:51

Feel free to send me a tell anytime in game, Kash, I've done a fair bit of reading on stats and played around with the stuff a lot, though I haven't gotten past level 20 yet, so if it changes radically after that I don't know about it, though I doubt it does.

Super stat = the stat your damage will scale with. If you pick Super Constitution, every point of constitution you have will now also increase the damage you do with all types of attacks.

You also get a bunch of extra points in whichever stats you make super stats, at level 6 it's like 11 its about 18 points, and by level 40 it reaches 80 or 90 points, so it's ideal to pick a stat that will improve whichever Passive slot ability you take (e.g. Invulnerability, Regeneration, Shadow Form, etc. etc.). These are some of the only abilities that scale with a specific stat other than whatever you pick for super stat. Invulnerability, for example, scales with Strength and Con.

The only other exception to this is that Melee damage scales with strength (capped at 20% increase unless you Super Stat strength, in which case I don't know what the cap is but it's supposedly higher), quite a lot of Telekinesis abilities scale with Ego, and direct healing abilities scale with presence (this includes HoT's, but not moves like Devour Essence or Lifedrain, which heal based on damage).

I usually pick stats purely based around my Passives, probably because I've done a lot of PvP and staying alive in there without Teleport is hard. Tazer Arrow and Shotgun spam are ruining PvP at the moment, and teleport has huge advantages over other travel powers for it too.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#34 » 16 Sep 2009, 23:02

lol Beothel, I was one of the guys dominating with teleport/shotgun/regen in pvp in the first few days :D Dumb lucked my way into some good stuff I guess ;)
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#35 » 17 Sep 2009, 10:12

I just want to play :(

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#36 » 17 Sep 2009, 13:09

Beothel wrote:
Super stat = the stat your damage will scale with. If you pick Super Constitution, every point of constitution you have will now also increase the damage you do with all types of attacks.

OK so my first super stat is the one i pick at level 5ish? OR is it the two stats I picked up at character creation?
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#37 » 17 Sep 2009, 14:12

You pick them up at 5ish and 13ish I think Kash.

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#38 » 17 Sep 2009, 16:17

Yep, Super Stats are picked at level 5 and level 13. What you pick at the start is just a stat boost, like getting a new piece of gear.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#39 » 29 Sep 2009, 11:11

Is everyone still going hard?

I should get some play time tonight :)

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#40 » 29 Sep 2009, 20:43

Secro wrote:Is everyone still going hard?

I should get some play time tonight :)

Eh Aion is keeping me entertained, cancelled my CO account already..

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#41 » 30 Sep 2009, 18:57

Im playing. decent casual fun (unlike Aion). .... well i would be playing except fize blew up my PC
Steam Surg3on / Kashak

Oldman
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#42 » 23 Oct 2009, 10:23

Hey Kash / Spot / Secro. Im playing CO too as @Runes. Aion just too much of a time investment for a Dad with 2 kids so im liking CO alot. Plus my two boys (i bought a 2nd account) are playing it on the w.ends and loving it (funny to see my 9 yr old owning ppl in pvp :P ) My main is a Power Armour themed dude called Runes MKVI.

Might look you guys up if you are still playing.
Darkrunes - xx Disciple of Khaine

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#43 » 23 Oct 2009, 11:06

hey runes!! good to hear from you.

I stopped :( Was getting frustrated with the powers changing every week lol

Oldman
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#44 » 23 Oct 2009, 11:17

Ahh bugger, shame. I dont mind the game so much although i play for quick pvp fixes at the moment since im SGless. I enjoy the challenge of making a pvp toon that doesnt use MR / STC or other lame powers and still being competitive :)
Darkrunes - xx Disciple of Khaine

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#45 » 23 Oct 2009, 17:01

you should join us in Defenders of the Southern Cross Oldman, not that I am ever on, but yeah :P
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa