For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about LotRO

Moderator: LOTRO Officers

Monarche
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Free to play now, eh?

Post#1 » 14 Sep 2010, 14:30

That's my kinda money...

I got on there - currently playing with a Dwarf Guardian 'Dwalek' :) . Guess there's not much point joining the guild in game until lthe free to play model is proven for cheap people like me. I can't see how I can ever generate enough 'Turbine Points' in-game via deeds to get even basic stuff (max gold uncapped, classes unlocked) let alone quest packs and purrty hats for the laydeez.

How do all the vets like the new system? Bracing for the flooding of low-level zones by annoying pizzahutnoobs (to use BF2 terminology)?
Wokeye - GW2 & WAR | Monarche - EVE online & EQ2

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Free to play now, eh?

Post#2 » 14 Sep 2010, 14:34

Monarche wrote:That's my kinda money...

I got on there - currently playing with a Dwarf Guardian 'Dwalek' :) . Guess there's not much point joining the guild in game until lthe free to play model is proven for cheap people like me. I can't see how I can ever generate enough 'Turbine Points' in-game via deeds to get even basic stuff (max gold uncapped, classes unlocked) let alone quest packs and purrty hats for the laydeez.

How do all the vets like the new system? Bracing for the flooding of low-level zones by annoying pizzahutnoobs (to use BF2 terminology)?

I believe we simply ignore anyone under level 60 as a habit :p

Monarche
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post#3 » 14 Sep 2010, 16:39

Fair call :)

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » 14 Sep 2010, 17:45

Monarche wrote:Fair call :)

LOL im just spinning shit, the LOTRO crew are one of the nicest chapters SC runs..i'm just the troll that hides under the bridges of Moria :)

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#5 » 14 Sep 2010, 18:22

Well Dusted off the old Captain, hopefully lure a few more Cheapo's friends in and see if any hang around.

There is actually quite alot of Deeds to be done in the each zone and some repeat several times. I don't see it an issue to earn the turbine points to unlock further quest packs. However you might have to explore every starting zone unlike what you may normally do.

Also quest packs, bags, money .. these unlock on the account not the character.. so worse case you can run a new char to earn the same points again. Thats if you have alot of time vs the need not to spend.

One main thing that I do find annoying to consider subscription is the lack of swift travel :)

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#6 » 15 Sep 2010, 06:06

Not really phased by the F2P shift, just glad that it's opened LOTRO up to a bit of a wider audience. :D

If you choose to join us on Elendilmir, look up either Ohtarwen or Valaena (or just do a "/who Southern Cross" to see who's online) and we can get you a kin invite.
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#7 » 15 Sep 2010, 12:02

zerg guild

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#8 » 15 Sep 2010, 15:52

Forath wrote:zerg guild

Roll more alts imo
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot

Monarche
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post#9 » 15 Sep 2010, 17:26

...So I looked at the Turbine Store.

Seems to be some items that are 'not available at my level' but:

- MOM expansion (incl 2 classes, +2 slots, content, extra levels etc) 2495
- all the quest packs (lvls 20-50?) : 5610
- Skirmish areas 5 x 595 = 2975
- add a bag = 495
- ditch the gold cap = 495
- +5 slots at Auction House = 295
= 12365 points.

At $50 for 5000 points, that's $124 for the lot. Not that bad, considering they can be bought over time and some via in-game deeds etc.

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#10 » 15 Sep 2010, 23:04

Dont kid yourself, its a total money grab. You cant blame them, most players left were lifers, the wells dry there.

Whats annoying is the new content each time seems to launch buggier and buggier. It used to feel like a very polished product.

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#11 » 19 Sep 2010, 22:26

yea there been a distinct lack of QA from Turbine for a long time - hopefully the combination of WB & F2P money will help it all pickup :?
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#12 » 20 Sep 2010, 10:01

Was talking to someone on the weekend who has already spent $300 on Turbine Points...

(Don't worry Forath, I won't tell anyone you spent it all on pretty cosmetic dresses and emotes, you dirty, dirty RPer...)

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#13 » 20 Sep 2010, 12:36

Don't worry they are focusing on The Hobbit Online when that movie comes out ;)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#14 » 20 Sep 2010, 12:43

Secro wrote:Don't worry they are focusing on The Hobbit Online when that movie comes out ;)

Maybe a prequel expansion? New class - Beorning!
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Return to “LOTRO General Discussion”