Maybe Incoming!

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about LotRO

Moderator: LOTRO Officers

Skidmark
The Patient
The Patient

Maybe Incoming!

Post#1 » 12 Nov 2008, 14:00

So, pretty pissed with the lousy suuport EA is providing me so I've ceased my WAR sub for the time being, just the thought of logging into WAR makes me twitch. So instead, I think I might come back for the MoM launch since LOTRO is so freaking awesome. Problem is, I'm currently broke due to going out and buying a PS3 :wink: So it might be a week or two before I can buy the MoM expansion, but I might just resub for now since I will want to be playing my burg and shes only in the mid 20s I think.

I r stalkinz u Ael.
=-=-=-=-=

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: Maybe Incoming!

Post#2 » 12 Nov 2008, 14:05

If you're only mid-20's, the only thing you'd really be missing out on, up til you're level 50, is access to play either a Warden or Runekeeper, so you shouldn't even feel left out at all until then. I bought my MoM copy via digital download, and I think it was only 30 US dollars, so thats not too bad compared to most games either! Turbine don't appear nearly as money hungry as most gaming companies, they add in a lot of fun frills to their games rather than grindings (though I have yet to forge a legendary weapon, so we'll see).
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Skidmark
The Patient
The Patient

Post#3 » 12 Nov 2008, 14:34

Yeah, thats what I'm thinking too, wouldn't mind getting the preorder for all the shiny extras, but I guess I'll have to forgo that unless someone wants to buy it for me :| Anyway, will see what I can do to get the client download started tonight during offpeak, wooo!
=-=-=-=-=

Aelwen
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#4 » 12 Nov 2008, 14:35

Hey Skid :) I thought it was stalking only if the other person objects? :P

You're more than welcome to join us :) As Beo said, the digital download is $US30 which worked out to about $AU44 which is what the game is retailing for here - the advantage of digital is you'll have access to MoM come next week (18th I think it is) whereas if you buy retail, you gotta wait another week or 2 =/

They've also got bonus exp for mob kills running atm (think it finishes around Nov 17) so between that and rest exp, it's probably a good time to be lvling an alt. Thinking of working on my burg too - she's about 34 I think. Or my champ or LM who are early 20's.

We might just have enough to start 12 man raiding by the time MoM comes out yet!

All ur tim tamz are belong to me! 'Cept the caramel ones.
LoTRO - Aelwen
EQ1/2 - Kahlani

Skidmark
The Patient
The Patient

Post#5 » 12 Nov 2008, 14:57

Hell yeah, sign me up for that, I think I will definitely start the download tonight, actually, I think I might even have Bk12 on 2 DVDs when I burnt them off for the missus's computer. That would save alot of trouble for sure. Either way, might be in game in a day or two, maybe tonight, though I doubt that, will have to download all the books leading from 12 onwards. :cry:

Also, for what its worth, I also have a 50 hunter with 3/6 or 4/6 (forget) rift gear, his tradeskills are kinda weak though, I think explorer, GM forester and prospecter iirc. Also have a 44 guardian, GM Tinker pros/jewel/cook, so will be able to bring those skills to the guild too. But yeah, at this point, would rather raid with the burg if possiblez :D

Also, will probably still have to wait a week and a bit till I can buy the digital download, the coming week is the big bill week so no moolahs for me :(
=-=-=-=-=

Skidmark
The Patient
The Patient

Post#6 » 13 Nov 2008, 13:11

I'll be on this afternoon after I get home from work ^_^ Luckily had the .bin files from the digital download for Shadows of Angmar burnt to DVD so after installing that and downloading almost 10,000 files :shock: I managed to log in for, oh, about 15mins before I realised I had to log off and head to bed cause it was getting late :(

But thats cool, I will be on this afternoon with my lvl 27 hobbit burg, Allster Burblar! I think I might be able to motor through to 30 at least pretty quick, the 25% xp bonus plus full rested xp is gonna be niiice.
=-=-=-=-=