Returning to lotro and I've usurped the usurper!

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about LotRO

Moderator: LOTRO Officers

Aelwen
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Returning to lotro and I've usurped the usurper!

Post#1 » 09 Nov 2008, 23:13

Hey Guys,

I've decided to come back to lotro too (seems there's a few of us!). I'm really keen on rebuilding SC in lotro and seeing if we can get back to our glory days!

I've also worked my charms on Rhianwynn and have taken over leadership of SC! Seems I can be quite charming when I want to...only seems to work on Rhi tho =/

At this stage, I'm still getting a feel for where the guild is at, who is coming back and who is still around but will soon be taking active steps to rebuild the kin. This is just a quick heads up to let you all know that there have been a few changes and to watch this space for more info once I've taken stock of things :)

If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please either post here or pm me :) I hope to see you all in game!

All ur tim tamz are belong to me! 'Cept the caramel ones.
LoTRO - Aelwen
EQ1/2 - Kahlani

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Re: Returning to lotro and I've usurped the usurper!

Post#2 » 09 Nov 2008, 23:19

I may come back really casually for MoM, but my primary focus is always going to be WAR so it'll depend how hectic things are in that.

So put me down as a maybe.
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Aelwen
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#3 » 09 Nov 2008, 23:24

Hey Chrien :) You know you're always welcome! Will be good to be able to taunt you in guildchat again :P Tis one of the biggest things I'm going to miss about leaving WAR =/

LoTRO - Aelwen
EQ1/2 - Kahlani

Invert
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post#4 » 10 Nov 2008, 00:25

Hmmmm im considering coming back as well...as long as Forath is still around and readily abusable...:)
AOC: Invert - Assassin // Level 54 // Server: Bloodspire
LOTRO: Invert - Dwarf Guardian // Level 50 // Server: Elendilmir
LOTRO: Invertz - Human Lore Master // Level 41 // Server: Elendilmir

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#5 » 10 Nov 2008, 06:06

account is active, MoM digital d/l pre-ordered, halfway through Bk14. I'll definitely be around for MoM although I'm away in Sydney for the first couple of weeks after release so wont really have a chance to play until the weekend after
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

Mirzam
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#6 » 10 Nov 2008, 07:29

Forath? readily abusable? are you kidding? I think there may have been one day a long time back when he wasn't, but For and abuse haven't been separated in a long time now

hmm moria.. haha I was just thinking I could get the extra 10 levs on Mirz.. and maybe one other. Then I'm like, would be nice to have Polty to relax on, oh or a captain.. maybe I want to lev a burg. oh the indecision
LOTRO - Mirzam, Polty, Rasalas, Alioth (all level 51.5 oh yeah!!!)
AOC - Mirzam, Achernar
WAR - Mirzam, Rukbat

Aelwen
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#7 » 10 Nov 2008, 09:53

Woot I've missed you guys! Glad to hear you'll be (or are) back!

Lol poor Snuggles, if he wasn't such a masochist, I'd feel sorry for him ;)

LoTRO - Aelwen
EQ1/2 - Kahlani

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#8 » 10 Nov 2008, 10:26

So I didn't realise how soon MoM was coming out, theres no way I can see myself having time to play for the next month, just too many other games coming out I've been waiting for and I barely have time to play them due to Warhammer, so scratch me from any list you had for now, but I really do want to try moria out and see what changes they've made sometime in the future.
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#9 » 10 Nov 2008, 11:32

I'm in the same boat as Chrien. I definitely want to check out Moria, but between WAR and a pretty good bunch of non MMO titles out right atm I am gunna have limited play time. I don't see myself picking up Moria until around christmas tbh, probably start playing a Warden in my spare time in January, really will just wait and see I guess.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#10 » 10 Nov 2008, 11:58

Invert wrote:Hmmmm im considering coming back as well...as long as Forath is still around and readily abusable...:)
lurking around the forums waiting for Forath Vert . . . so sad ;) welcome back!
Aelwen wrote:If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please either post here or pm me :) I hope to see you all in game!
when do we get tim tams? :twisted:
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

Aelwen
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#11 » 10 Nov 2008, 14:51

Silurin wrote:
Aelwen wrote:If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns, please either post here or pm me :) I hope to see you all in game!
when do we get tim tams? :twisted:

All ur tim tams are belongz to me!!! But you might be able to persuade me to part with a mint slice ;)

LoTRO - Aelwen
EQ1/2 - Kahlani

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#12 » 10 Nov 2008, 17:47

I'll be back Aels, sort of half and half with War, see how it goes. The beauty of lotro is you can be a slow poke and never really feel left behind.
God lets pray for some decent 12 man raiding.

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#13 » 10 Nov 2008, 18:15

Forath wrote:God lets pray for some decent 12 man raiding.
there will be at least 1 Moria based raid
LotRO Dev Post wrote:In the Mines of Moria expansion, we are using a very important dynamic for our raids to encourage progression: the concept of Challenges. We will be launching Mines of Moria with multiple end-game adventure instances, and one 12-man raid (not to mention all of the other smaller instances, and a handful of instances on the way to 60). This is a big accomplishment for us in and of itself. With Shadows of Angmar, we only had two capped instances (Urugarth and Carn Dûm) at launch. That is a 200% increase!

But that’s not all. Challenges are now introduced into our 6 end-game instances. Each instance will have an optional objective inside of it that, if achieved, will offer the players a piece of their first tier of the raid set. Each objective will be different, and it will be up to you to discover the Challenge of each instance…and how to beat it. If you succeed in beating all six Challenges, you will be outfitted with a full set of raid gear that will give you 60 points of Radiance. This Radiance stat will help you defeat the gloom inside our first raid in Mines of Moria. This is an expansion of our Hope/Dread system and will give the players bonuses that they can carry with them into the world landscape. As we move forward, we will be introducing new higher-tiered instance clusters that will have even better loot to obtain, along with more difficult Challenges. Our plan is to launch at least one more large scale raid with 6 bosses in our next major update, as well as some supporting instances.
not sure what the major update is referring to here - I hope it's a Book update

hugorune
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#14 » 10 Nov 2008, 19:43

Silurin wrote:But that’s not all. Challenges are now introduced into our 6 end-game instances. Each instance will have an optional objective inside of it that, if achieved, will offer the players a piece of their first tier of the raid set. Each objective will be different, and it will be up to you to discover the Challenge of each instance…and how to beat it. If you succeed in beating all six Challenges, you will be outfitted with a full set of raid gear that will give you 60 points of Radiance. This Radiance stat will help you defeat the gloom inside our first raid in Mines of Moria. This is an expansion of our Hope/Dread system and will give the players bonuses that they can carry with them into the world landscape. As we move forward, we will be introducing new higher-tiered instance clusters that will have even better loot to obtain, along with more difficult Challenges. Our plan is to launch at least one more large scale raid with 6 bosses in our next major update, as well as some supporting instances.
not sure what the major update is referring to here - I hope it's a Book update[/quote]

Well, there are three kinds of updates that happen to LOTRO.
1) is bug-fixes, often barely noticed by the playerbase.
2) is the Book Updates. Every one would be considered a major update, although admittedly some are more major than others.
3) is an expansion, of which we're going to have the first one very soon now.

I'm tipping it's 2). If they meant an expansion, they would have said an expansion.

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#15 » 10 Nov 2008, 20:46

Dont tell me theyre gonna make 6 man stuff worth doing?

I'll feint.

Return to “LOTRO General Discussion”