For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about LotRO

Moderator: LOTRO Officers

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

MoM Launch Announced

Post#1 » 12 Oct 2008, 00:30

LOTRO Website
Turbine Unveils Launch Date, Pre-order and Early Upgrade Programs for The Lord of the Rings Online™: Mines of Moria™
[Oct 09, 2008]

The Gates of Moria Open on November 18th

WESTWOOD, MA – October 9, 2008-- Turbine, Inc. announced today the details of the launch of The Lord of the Rings Online™: Mines of Moria™. On November 18, 2008 The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria will be available in stores across North America and Europe allowing players to begin their journey to the vast, terrifying and unparalleled world beneath Middle-earth.
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: MoM Launch Announced

Post#2 » 17 Oct 2008, 20:04

I'll be there young Sil

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#3 » 17 Oct 2008, 21:05

Forath wrote:I'll be there young Sil
if only I was . . . young that is! ;) yeah I've pre-ordered the digital d/l, unfortunately I'll be stuck in a hotel room with a crappy D620 laptop on the 18th :evil:
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#4 » 17 Oct 2008, 22:53

I'll be about..
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » 18 Oct 2008, 09:44

lol those D620 laptops are so fail
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

hugorune
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#6 » 22 Oct 2008, 04:18

I've been playing Moria for a while now :mrgreen: (Yeah NDA was lifted)

You guys are in for a treat. The legendary weapons are awesome - they start off pretty wussy, but adding relics, levelling them up and reforging, is a helluva lot of fun, gives you something to work on while you're questing and farming.
Tier six crafting is a bit more complex, I haven't done too much with it - there is more variety of materials you'll be working with.

As for the zones themselves: the bulk of what you'll be doing is in Moria itself and it is massive. I think its about the size of Angmar, but the mazelike nature of it, and the density of content inside, means that it feels larger - and there's definitely much more to do in there.

Eregion's more of a filler zone really, there are a few quest hubs but Moria itself is where you will probably spend most of your time.

I can't answer questions about PVMP really - or raiding - I was more just casually testing - but there'll be plenty of discussion on the official forums now that NDA has been lifted.

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#7 » 22 Oct 2008, 08:46

Do they have Moria up on Roheryn?
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#8 » 22 Oct 2008, 11:09

Might reactivate this week and get my books done, I'm somewhere in chap 13 from memory...

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#9 » 22 Oct 2008, 11:50

Forath wrote:Might reactivate this week and get my books done, I'm somewhere in chap 13 from memory...

Let us know when you're going to start up, I think I need the Forochel book (whatever it is) onwards.

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#10 » 22 Oct 2008, 12:40

Seconded, I currently have an active account and am up to Book 13 Chapter 6, I think. Looking through a Dwarf mine for a journal.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#11 » 22 Oct 2008, 14:25

Forath wrote:Might reactivate this week and get my books done, I'm somewhere in chap 13 from memory...
I'm halway through 14 atm but considering saving further progress for the XP once were able to get upto 60. either way accounts active already so gimme a yell and I'll try and be around

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#12 » 23 Oct 2008, 10:49

Someone power level me
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#13 » 23 Oct 2008, 11:24

Righto rp fags I'm back in, 13.6 I'm at, some book in a cave, cant find the bloody thing....

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#14 » 23 Oct 2008, 13:30

Forath, you should take the boots reward imo.

When/if you finish that book.

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#15 » 23 Oct 2008, 15:49

lol, ahh some jokes get funnier with age.

Speaking of old age, wonder if Aels comes back to teh lotro...