Rhianwynn, The Usurper

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about LotRO

Moderator: LOTRO Officers

Rhianwynn
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Rhianwynn, The Usurper

Post#1 » 22 Jul 2008, 16:19

First of all, hello everyone, hopefully some of you still read this forum; I at least know that Thrail logs on every now and then and updates our kin message.

A funny thing happened today though, I flicked to my kin tab in the social panel and there was a new button available to me.

It was called "Usurp".

I clicked it.

I'm now the SC-LoTRO kin leader, as seen in the below screenshots.

Now, I'm pretty sure this particular kin feature has been impletmented for a reason, and I feel completely entitled to use this to justify that I clicked it partly out of curiosity but mostly because I'm sick of being the only person online on a regular basis. I've seen several people simply log on then leave the kin over the past few weeks. I know you're all off playing AoC or doing the Warhammer beta but I don't want to have to wait around for you guys to come back before I can raid with a regular group of people again. "But why not just find a new kin, Rhian?" I hear you asking, well I love this one so much I couldn't bare to leave and see it die an unnoticed death.

I now have a lifetime subscription, and so I intend to put this to good use. Rather than wait for you guys to get back, I'm going to advertise on the Elendilmir forums and start rebuilding this kin. I have removed many toons that have not been online in over 250 days, and I feel this is reasonable.

One last thing I want to make clear, this is by no means a "mutany" or anything of the sort, if Invert and the other officers which to come back and start playing regularly again at any point I will gladly hand over the leadership. This is just more of a me wanting to revive this kin so that when Mines of Moria rolls around I won't be by myself...

-Rhian

P.S. Please don't get mad at me :(

Earendir
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Rhianwynn, The Usurper

Post#2 » 22 Jul 2008, 16:59

Long live Rhian! ;)

Cheers :shock:
Earendir (62) - Captain; SM Weaponsmith; Kindred - Weaponsmith's Guild
Maedhring (60) - Rune-keeper; SM Scholar; Kindred - Scholar's Guild
Ecthalion (61) - Champion; SM Metalsmith, MA Tailor; Kindred - Metalsmith's Guild
Baraher (47) - Hunter; GM Woodworker; Kindred - Woodworker's Guild
Arantar (33) - Loremaster; SM Jeweler; Kindred - Jeweler's Guild

hugorune
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#3 » 22 Jul 2008, 17:30

Awesome Rhian :) Glad you took the initiative, as our new leader you have my full support. I'm going to be logging on some evenings this week, and in coming weeks as well.

Unfortunately, my time is going to be divided until Moria launches (not by another MMORPG, though). One thing I've learned with MMORPGS is that the grass is always greener on the other side, and only until you start playing the 'next big thing' do you realise how suckful it really is, and how good the old game was (not to mention, still is).

Book XIV tonight. Moria sometime later this year. Southern Cross are going to rock it.
Just be careful with the character deletions - we don't want to kill any level 50 players who may still be returning later on - but I trust your judgement.

edit - oh wait :D you're not deleting characters, you're just removing them from the guild. What am I saying? :oops:

Hyarion
Keyboard Turner

Post#4 » 22 Jul 2008, 20:43

Heh. I always knew you were power-hungry. :P

Seriously though, we would have gladly accepted you over at Knights of Amon Sul... I respect trying to revive your kin, though, and hey- it's what I would do, so it's all good.

Also 'grats on becoming a lifetimer. Feels good to not have to pay subscription fees any more, doesn't it?
-^- Hyarion -^- 50 Lore-master, Rank 1 -^- Knights of Amon Sûl -^-
-^-Frostwyn-^- 40 Minstrel-in-training -^- An Elendilmir Kinship -^-

Subscribed since June 2007, and now a Lifetime Member.

Evendale
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#5 » 22 Jul 2008, 21:00

So you finally managed to succeed where the rest of us had failed, and knock Invert down from his high perch?
Nice work, Lolz.

In all seriousness though, I was a little shocked when I first heard you clicked "the button", but having thought about it, I realise you were pretty well justified in doing so. So good luck with trying to "revive" the kinship! Hopefully you can get things happening again by the time MoM rolls around.
Durgrat - Orc Reaver, Rank 6
Evendale - Man Hunter, Rank 9
Evenwyn - Woman Burglar, Rank 6
Evenheal - Hobbit Minstrel, Rank 4
Eventank - Man Guardian, Unranked

Earendir
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#6 » 22 Jul 2008, 21:08

Just realised my post could potentially be misconstrued as ambiguous.

You have my support for your actions, Rhian. It will be nice to have more company in Kin chat once more.

Cheers :D
Earendir (62) - Captain; SM Weaponsmith; Kindred - Weaponsmith's Guild
Maedhring (60) - Rune-keeper; SM Scholar; Kindred - Scholar's Guild
Ecthalion (61) - Champion; SM Metalsmith, MA Tailor; Kindred - Metalsmith's Guild
Baraher (47) - Hunter; GM Woodworker; Kindred - Woodworker's Guild
Arantar (33) - Loremaster; SM Jeweler; Kindred - Jeweler's Guild

Rhianwynn
LotRO Officer
LotRO Officer

Post#7 » 22 Jul 2008, 21:19

Well I'm glad I have your support guys!

I have posted on the Elendilmir Kinships forum, but unfortunately as I don't have officer privs on our website I can't really do much rather than get people to message me in game. Which is fine, however.

I will be ultilising the Regional chat over the weekend once all the hubbub about Book XIV is out of the way and hopefully grab the 40+ toons that are not kinned already.

:D

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#8 » 22 Jul 2008, 21:45

Rhianwynn wrote:I'm now the SC-LoTRO kin leader, as seen in the below screenshots.
good job on keeping SC alive on Elendilmir Rhian - it's obviously what the function is there for and as has been said in the AoC forums it a sad day should any chapter of the guild disolves into anonimity!

Rhianwynn wrote:I have removed many toons that have not been online in over 250 days, and I feel this is reasonable.
just make sure you let any new recruits know there may be a return of Elves and their comrades from Valinor when the darkness of Moria opens again!! :P
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

Invert
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post#9 » 23 Jul 2008, 11:10

HOW DARE YOU TAKE MY LEADERSHIP AWAY FROM ME!!!

*Cough*

Now that i got that out of my system, I just want to say good work for taking the initiative. I'm glad the guild is still alive and kicking, and you've taken over the reigns. Still unsure of MoM and whether I'll come back for it, but in the meantime, good luck with rebuilding the guild, and plz don't recruit any nubs! (/looks at Eve... :o)
AOC: Invert - Assassin // Level 54 // Server: Bloodspire
LOTRO: Invert - Dwarf Guardian // Level 50 // Server: Elendilmir
LOTRO: Invertz - Human Lore Master // Level 41 // Server: Elendilmir

Gillror
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#10 » 24 Jul 2008, 12:46

Awesome work Rhian

Despite having the best Champion on Elendilmir, I won't be back for MoM.

shaunolas
Keyboard Turner

Post#11 » 24 Jul 2008, 13:11

i am excited to be apart of the kin

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#12 » 24 Jul 2008, 17:51

Gillror wrote:Despite having the best Champion on Elendilmir, I won't be back for MoM.
best at posing for screen shots maybe!! :wink: :mrgreen:
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine

syromzxero
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#13 » 25 Jul 2008, 11:56

As it stands, im not sure ill be back either, in a BT raiding guild atm in WoW (ya i know lol), but well see how MoM looks. Pretty sure im still in the guild but meh, usually when i did try getting on, i saw no one. Cheers and keep the guild alive Rhia...btw, your Captain is no where as good as i am.
"You can prevent your opponent from defeating you through defense but you cannot defeat him without taking the offensive" - Miyamoto Musashi
Zxero Darkestar - DE Backstabber (EQ)
Syrome - Elder Jedi (SWG)
Zxero - 70 Kalodorei BM Hunter (WoW)
Syrom - 60 Captain (LoTRO) <--Happy now Fitz?

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#14 » 25 Jul 2008, 13:14

Gillror wrote:Despite having the best Champion on Elendilmir

..but not the sexiest.

:D
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#15 » 25 Jul 2008, 15:20

wonder what Kyuss would be thinking :D
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Return to “LOTRO General Discussion”