*** WITHDRAWN *** 90 - Balance Druid - Skullshot

Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)

Moderator: WoW Officers

Skullshot
Keyboard Turner

*** WITHDRAWN *** 90 - Balance Druid - Skullshot

Post by Skullshot » 11 Jun 2013, 00:10

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Sam 24 Melbourne

1.2 Usual Playtime's:
A: 19:00-0:00 Weeknights (Inclusive of Sunday) and 10:00-18:00 (Friday/Saturday)

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: No

1.4 How did you hear about SC?
A: Blackrock realm forums, played on Blackrock for a while during Cataclysm

1.5 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: I am planning to join SC mainly to raid, that being said I would also like to meet and interact with everybody in the guild outside of raiding as well. I see World of Warcraft as an outlet to the pressures of everyday life, also a great source of entertainment which also maintains a social atmosphere for everybody to enjoy. I hope to be part of a team that is constantly striving and evolving to defeat otherwise challenging boss mechanics.

1.6 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I am a network engineer for a leading telecommunications company (I hope this sheds light on my comment above regarding the "Pressures of life"), I do separate my personal/work life as much as I can. I'm an eccentric person with a humorous personality that enjoys talking to people, in my spare time I like driving around various parts of Melbourne that I haven't been before (Sometimes, I hear the achievement earned sound when I see a road sign welcoming me to a new suburb =/). I am very easy to get along with and connect with people quite well.

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
A: Skullshott Balance Druid Tauren 90 http://tinyurl.com/lxdscg6

2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A:
Mischief - 25 man - Scarlet Crusade - Left a year ago after a transfer to Hyjal, the guild was forced to go 10 man early MoP due to low recruitment activity and people retiring after years of playing. Mischief was a long running guild on Scarlet Crusade since early Vanilla with an extensive raiding history through each expansion.
Casually Serious - 10 man - Hyjal - After leaving Mischief I joined SC which are a US based raiding guild, due to a placement at work I was unable to meet their raiding times (Weekdays 10:00-14:00 AEST). I have since then been pugging with a number of friends and trying to stay up to date with gearing.

2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A: Yes

3. Raiding

If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.

3.1 Our raids usually begin at 8pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.

Wednesday *
Thursday *
Sunday *
Monday *

3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW?
A: In Vanilla WoW I started fairly late and was only able to experience Ragnaros in a pug environment on Lightbringer, I started 2 months prior to BC.

3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A: I would like to start off by mentioning that this was the most memorable period of raiding in WoW, that being said please see below for my raiding history during this expansion:
Doom Lord Kazzak - Killed while current
Doomwalker - Killed while current
Karazhan - Cleared while current
Magtheridon's Lair - Killed while current
Gruul's Lair - Cleared while current
Serpentshrine Cavern - 5/6 (No Vashj kill while current)
Tempest Keep (The Eye) - 3/4 (No Kael kill while current)
The Battle for Mount Hyjal - 4/5 (No Archi kill while current)
Black Temple - Cleared while current
Sunwell Plateau - 1/6 (Quite difficult while current, people were wiped out)

3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A: Please see below for my raiding history during this expansion:
Vault of Archavon - 4/4 on 25 and 10 - While Current
The Obsidian Sanctum - 3D25 - During ICC/RS
The Eye of Eternity - 1/1 on 25 - While Current
Naxxaramas - 15/16 on 25 and 10 (I never killed Mr. Bigglesworth!) - While Current
Ulduar - 6/14 on 10 (I took a break during Ulduar) - While Current
Trial of the (Grand) Crusader - 4/5H on 25 and 5/5H on 10 - While Current
Onyxia's Lair - 1/1 on 25 - While Current
Icecrown Citadel - 11/12H on 25 and 10 - While Current
Ruby Sanctum - 1/1H on 25 - While Current

3.5 What raid experience do you have in Cata?
A: Please see below for my raiding history during this expansion:
Baradin Hold - 3/3 on 25/10 - Each while current
Bastion of Twilight - 4/4 on 25 and 1/5 on 10 - While current
Throne of the Four Winds - 2/2N on 10 - During Firelands
Blackwing Descent - 6/6N on 25 and 1/6H on 10 - While Current
Firelands - 7/7N on 10 (While Current) and 7/7H (During DS)
Dragon Soul - 7/7H on 10 - While Current

3.6 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players atleast be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A: This is not an issue, I have been using Vent for a number of years and recently had to install Mumble for various situations where the need has arisen.

3.7 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A: 100 Mbps Down and 10 Mbps Up

3.8 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)
A: http://imgur.com/VwH1TIo

3.9 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A: http://tinyurl.com/nyop2g5

3.9a What major glyphs do you use and why?
A:
Glyph of the Moonbeast - Self healing while being able to remain in Owlkin Form is very useful, the best example being to assist healers during periods of heavy sporadic damage
Glyph of Rebirth - How many times prior to this glyph being released did somebody receive a battle resurrection and accept at an extremely poor moment only to die immediately after :)
Glyph of Stampede - While only having a slight advantage over the other glyphs, being able to use Stampeding Roar in Owlkin Form is quite nice.

23.9c What minor glyphs do you use and why?
A:
Glyph of Grace - Fall damage reduction while in Owlkin form is quite nice and provides situational survivability
Glyph of the Charmeleon - Cosmetic, doesn't serve raiding purpose.
Glyph of the Stag - Cosmetic, I don't give pony rides.

3.10 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS against (a) single targets and (b) multiple targets

A: Single Target:
My rotation as a balance druid is as follows:
Opener - Start Non-Eclipsed (0) > Mushroom placement > Potion of the Jade Serpent > Incarnation > *Natures Vigil > Mirror Images (If Symbiosis is available) > Moonfire > Sunfire > Starfall > Starfire (Until Solar Eclipse) > Celestial Alignment > Refresh Dots with 1x Moonfire application > Starfall > Wrath (Until Lunar eclipse) > Starfall

During Encounter - Moonfire (Refreshing at 1-2 secs) > Sunfire (Refreshing at 1-2 secs) > Wrath (to Lunar eclipse) > Starfire (to Solar eclipse). Variables I cannot place in my rotation involve using Starsurge on each Shooting Stars proc and Starfall on cooldown unless conserving for an AoE specific portion of the fight. Cooldowns should be used when up or when the druid can be stationary for their duration.

AoE - Wild Mushrooms > Starfall > Hurricane. If available Celestial Alignment to apply DoTs to each mob with a Starfall.

*If specced

4.Other Stuff

4.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: I am quite proud of my Hand of Adal title and Tribute to Insanity (10), with many more worth mentioning (but I don't want to bore anyone)

4.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
A:No

4.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: A home for my druid where I can experience competitive raiding with WoL rankings, I can provide a fresh insight into raid encounters as well as being fully self sufficient with raiding consumables (an annoying quirk picked up through years of raiding) and contributing the guild where I can.

Benko
WoW Guild Master
WoW Guild Master

Re: 90 - Balance Druid - Skullshot

Post by Benko » 11 Jun 2013, 14:06

hey mate, awesome application .... I'll PM you to discuss some things further

Skullshot
Keyboard Turner

Re: 90 - Balance Druid - Skullshot

Post by Skullshot » 11 Jun 2013, 14:15

Thank you for a fast response, I'll await your PM.