85 Mage

Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)

Moderator: WoW Officers

Keyboard Turner

85 Mage

Post#1 » 19 Dec 2010, 16:05

1. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A:Travis / 19 / Usa, Kentucky

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A:9am - 10pm server time.

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Coil (Contradict) a rl friend of mine

1.4 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: I love pvp and raiding so I am always open for both. Me and about 5 of my pvp friends are looking for more people to join a rated bg group. I also enjoy raiding, i hope to experience at least all normal raid content and maybe some heroics.

1.5 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I've raided in every expansion, alittle less in wotlk but i cleared normal 10/25 man icc on a holy paladin. Mage has always been my main in every expansion and i like to play a couple alts i have on the server, namely a rogue and priest. I also enjoy helping level guilds and get guild achieves.

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
A: Nosey / Mage / Worgen / 85 / http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... sey/simple

2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: I haven't raided much or been in a guild on BC for long, I'm currently sitting in Armoured Fury. I intend to leave them becuase they're 1) very unhelpful, 2) seem like they will be going no where and are very poorly led

2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A: Yes

3. Raiding

If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.

3.1 Our raids usually begin at 7:30pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.

3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW
A: All except for high end Naxx, cleared parts of plague quarter but thats about it.

3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A: All of SSC and TK. Done first 2 bosses in BT

3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A: All normal and some heroic, cleared heroic TOC but only a few bosses in ICC on heroic.

3.5 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players atleast be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A: Nope, i think vents been on my comp for over 5 years now.

3.6 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A: 54 mbps dont know the limit to be honest but its never been a problem

3.7 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)

3.8 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... /secondary this is a irl friend of mine in cadenza i copy his specs and mostly get advise on pve spes on from him

3.85a What prime glyphs do you use and why?
A: Pyroblast - more crit means more damage and better ignite proc
mage armor - the mana regen is godly, will change out for molten armor when i get geared and mana is less of an issue.
Fireball - same reason as pyro
3.85b What major glyphs do you use and why?
A:polymorph- good in group where dots are accidently applied to mobs for cc
Evocate - takes some pressure off healers
Invis - just for helping get out of fights
3.85c What minor glyphs do you use and why?
A: Slow fall- save bag space
Conjure - no real reason other than less mana
Armor - less rebuffing

3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency

Tanks - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your threat
A: LB + fire orb, scorch, fb till playing with fire procs, pyro, combustion after full dots rolling.

4. PvP

If you’re not a very serious PvPer feel free to skip this section

4.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: Highest arena rating i have gotten was 1850 back in BC with mage rogue in season two, since then i've been on and off with out partners till Cata. Now all my friends are playing agian and I'm going to try to gear and get serious about arena / bg's.

5.Other Stuff
5.1 Do you have any achievements relevant to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: Not really no

5.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
A: No atm

5.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: A nice raiding enviroment, possible some rated bg partners. Also a guild that talks and has fun. I've toped dps in my guilds in icc and i believe i can bring everything a mage has to offer to a raid. I'm not trying to brag but I thought that'd be a good thing to put in. I know my class and i love to help other mages and i take criticism nicely.

High Overlord
High Overlord

Re: 85 Mage

Post#2 » 20 Dec 2010, 12:03

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A:9am - 10pm server time.

10pm ST would be 5pm AEST so you wouldn't be on to raid?

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 85 Mage

Post#3 » 20 Dec 2010, 12:52

Yeah sorry buddy, If you want to keep raiding our times wouldn't fit with your timezone. We generally would start 1am ST and go through to 5am ST.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro