Acdril 80 mage/80priest

Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)

Moderator: WoW Officers

Acdril
Keyboard Turner

Acdril 80 mage/80priest

Post by Acdril » 25 Oct 2010, 10:40

1. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Peter, 34, Darwin

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: Australian central time (darwin) i play a few nights a week, and am able to set aside thursdays and mondays to raid from 7pm

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A:unfortunatly i do not, i have played in random pugs/groups with various members but do not have any close ties with any members currently

1.4 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: socalize/raid/pvp

1.5 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: currently i am the only person on in my guild and have been for the past 2 months, i am looking for a close knit aussie guild to join for all aspects of gameplay, i am 34 have a wife and 2 kids, so i play wow for some fun. before wow i played EQ for 5years+ on tribunal server in Southern Legion & Aurora Noctum, raiding 5 days a week and never seeing sunlight.

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
A:Main, Acdril 80 mage, human
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Acdril
Secondary, Licrad 80 priest, draenei
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Licrad

2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: current guild Intolerable, i am leaving because i am the last person active in guild

2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A:yes

3. Raiding

If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.

3.1 Our raids usually begin at 7:30pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.

Wednesday
Thursday*
Sunday
Monday*

3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW
A: i started wow in vanilla on dragon blight i did not get to raid during this early preiod, however i have since done all classic raids

3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A: In TBC i raided my guild raided Karra ssc and grulls primarily.

3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A:my guild progressed to general vezax in ulduar and completion on toc 10, since my guild has died off i have had to pug the rest myself, completeing toc 25 and 11/12 icc (still working on LK)

3.5 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players atleast be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A:vent/mic all set up

3.6 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A:50gb limit adsl2+ average ping 450-500

3.7 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)
A:dont have a link to ui pic atm, i use healbot/omen/recount (will sort a pic out)

3.8 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A: 31/2/3 arcane secondary spec 5/0/31 frost

3.85a What major glyphs do you use and why?
A:glyph of arcane blast (used for damage increase)
glyph of mage armour (arcane mastery is very mana relient with current changes in 4.0)
Arcane missles (damge increase)
3.85b What minor glyphs do you use and why?
A: slowfall (no reagents)
arcane brilliance (lower mana cost)
armors (longer armour time, cut on mana usage for buffs)

3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency

A: AB, AB, AB, AB, AM (if proced) if no proc a few more AB to fish for AM
I have not been playing my regulary since 4.0 changes so i need to practice as there have been major changes to healing spells

4. PvP

If you’re not a very serious PvPer feel free to skip this section

4.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: nothing of note for pvp however i am looking for some arena teams for achievements

5.Other Stuff
5.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A:

5.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
A:no

5.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: primarily more people to socalize and enjoy wow with, doing things in a team environment.
i make a good guild member as i am able to follow orders without question (2 months of your job is to take the death touch from boss in EQ) then sit and watch the others fight, but its all good when the guild wins. i help lower level players when i can with instances or quests, i am loyal to what guild i am in at all times, i do not slander or bitch about guild mates or arguee over loot (all loot when i was in AN was loot council)

Darcil_bladesong@hotmail.com

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Re: Acdril 80 mage/80priest

Post by wazari » 25 Oct 2010, 14:40

Nice app, well written, makes a good impression.

As I said to you yesterday, we haven't decided how SC will be handling the Cataclysm raid content (10s or 25s) nor the nights we'll be raiding.

You're welcome to join us now as a social member (as raiding for this expansion has stopped) and level through to 85 then see how it goes.

PM an officer in game for an invite
wazari | irazaw | wazaro | orazaw

bnet - Wazari#6219

#1 Countrist in the world!

ǝɯ ʇou 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹɐ noʎ

Acdril
Keyboard Turner

Re: Acdril 80 mage/80priest

Post by Acdril » 25 Oct 2010, 14:45

Will do :)