80 Ret Pally

Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)

Moderator: WoW Officers

Scaze
Keyboard Turner

80 Ret Pally

Post by Scaze » 31 Aug 2010, 23:56

1. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Sam / 19/ Sydney

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: Varies but on Alot of the time

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Nope just heard about it from a friend online

1.4 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: im applying for raiding and i guess pvp is a good aspect of a guild aswell but mainly to raid

1.5 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: serious when it comes down to it other than that i like to have a good time but have fun

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
A: Scaze / Paladin / Human / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... k&cn=Scaze
this my one of my alts that ive recently decided to make my main raiding character have alot of experience in ICC on my other characters and once i get geared which hopefully wont take too long will be alot better

2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: in WTLK not many been in a few on barthilas like seven sins which is now disbanded in Pre BC i was in alot of main raiding guilds when i was on Azjol-Nerub like Defenders of Eternity and Oceania

2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A: Yes

3. Raiding

If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.

3.1 Our raids usually begin at 7:30pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.

Wednesday*
Thursday*
Sunday*
Monday*

3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW
A:ZG Full clear/ MC Full Clear / BWL Full Clear / Aq 20 and 40 Full Clear / Naxx got about 50% through then decided i needed a break from wow

3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A:Kara/ Gruuls /Mag

3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A:Naxx / Toc / ICC/ Ony / Ulduar

3.5 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players atleast be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A:Nope

3.6 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A: dunno about that my roomate does all that stuff but it's never failed on me and i dont think it will in the near future =) apllying to raid so why dog one!

3.7 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)
A:

3.8 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... k&cn=Scaze do need to respec about the reduced stuns and into Imp Might but thats about it i believe

3.85a What major glyphs do you use and why?
A: 1. Glyph of Judgement - 10% more damage from Judgements more overall damage output
2. Glyph Of Exorcism - 20% More damage with Exorcism more Overall damage output
3. Glyph of Divine Storm - 15% more heals with Divine Storm didn't see a better Glyph to use helps out heals a little bit more and all other ones are reduced mana and it's very hard to run outa mana as a ret pally

3.85b What minor glyphs do you use and why?
A:Might just incase gota might myself less stress about timing
Sense Undead for extra 1% in ICC
Lay On hands just cause didn't see a more useful one

3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency

A:Judgement for extra crit > CS > normally by then Art of war is up so exorcism > DS or the other way round i use seal of command for all mobs seems for me it does more dps then seal of vengence for single target > holy Wrath on Undead mobs > 20% use Hammer of Wrath

4. PvP

If you’re not a very serious PvPer feel free to skip this section

4.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A:

5.Other Stuff
5.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: Not much on this character

5.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
A: Nope

5.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A:
to become a raider in the guild and i think all up with some good gear ill be very vauble with my dps and a good person to raid with

Selphie
Epic!
Epic!

Re: 80 Ret Pally

Post by Selphie » 01 Sep 2010, 00:37

we're done raiding for this expansion; you're better off in another guild if you still want to.

drakatar
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by drakatar » 01 Sep 2010, 09:54

just some hints, change divine storm glyph for consecration it will help your rotation be smoother, sov easilly trumps soc on single target fights over 2 minutes, the longer the fight or the more haste you have the more you'll see this.

And certainly look at your prioritizations they are way off.

Demandread
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Demandread » 05 Sep 2010, 10:33

-ditch divinity for seals of the pure and get Imp BoM.
-Swap your glyphs to Concs, Seal of Vengeance and Judge
-Get some expertise
-Dont worry about armor pen it only affects auto attacks and is the weakest stat for us.
-Only gem for Str and hit if you need it. (except to complete your meta)

Your rotation should be:
Judge>Hammer(<20%)>CS>DS>Consc>Exo

Your prot spec is also way off.