1. About You
Please state your
1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Steve / 37 / Melbourne
1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: Most evenings ill be on if theres something to do
1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Seen you guys round since vanilla and like your attitude.
1.4 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: I would like to raid but also to hang out while playing and meet some new people
1.5 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I just started playing again after a 4 month break and feel if i dont join a decent guild ill probably leave this game for good.
2. About Your Characters
2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
I'll be applying with my boomchiken drood and ret pally:
- Groovi / Druid / NE / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Groovi
- Excession / Pally / Human / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Excession
- Hornidevil / Shaman / Draenei / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Hornidevil
- Allyx / Mage / Human / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... k&cn=Allyx
- Stown / Warrior / Gnome / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... k&cn=Stown
- Elfyus / Priest / NE / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Elfyus
- Desterbed / Death Knight / NE / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Desterbed
- Frishky / Hunter / NE / 73 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Frishky
2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: The last guild i was in was Eternal Requiem and left due to general unhappiness at my situation, i have been unguilded since.
2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A: The owner since vanilla was release in '04.
If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.
3.1 Our raids usually begin at 7:30pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.
Thursday * (some nights only)
3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW
A: All 40man encounters up to second wing of Naxx - this was on my mage.
3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A: Only SSC and some of Hyjal.
3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A: 5/12 ICC 10/25 on mage, shammy before i took my break ~ tog/togc 10man but only toc25man. Most 10/25 Ulduar hardmodes bar Alagon.
3.5 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players at least be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A: Not at all.
3.6 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A: Connection = iiNet 8Mb (am @ the furthest point from the exchange unfortunately) ~ 10Gb peak 20Gb off peak which doesn't get capped.
3.7 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)
3.8 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... &cn=Groovi
3.85a What major glyphs do you use and why?
- Moonfire : Increase the periodic damage of Moonfire by 75% but reduces initial dmg by 90% ~ More dps is always a good thing
- Starfall : Reduces the cooldown of Starfall ~ self explanitory
- Starfire : Increases the duration of moonfire dot on target ~ a nice boost to the moonfire dot
3.85b What minor glyphs do you use and why?
- Unburdened rebirth ... those pesky regents are sometimes forgotten =(
- Gift of the wild man reduction ... i hate sitting and drinking
- Dash ... nice to have a speed boots now and again - May swap for Glyph of typhoon for raiding but for now the pushback is nice when i pull agro
3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency
A: FF first if its a Boss then Moonfire - insect swarm - wrath till Lunar Eclipse - starfall - starfire (or reapply moonfire if it has fallen off) till solar eclipse - (reapply insect swarm if fallen off)
then wrath wrath wrath wrath.....rinse and repeat.
If you’re not a very serious PvPer feel free to skip this section
4.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: Nothing notable.
5.1 Do you have any achievements relevant to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: Nothing of late bar being a Chef on Groovi
5.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
5.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: Id really like to start raiding again with a good bunch of guys that aren’t super-committed but still good players - hopefully see some new content and try to have as
much fun along the way as possible. I'm a very quick learner and can think quickly on my feet most of the time, i have experience raiding with multiple class's which
has improved my game play 10 fold.
Just as a side note the balance gear my druid has was my resto set so its not an ideal setup but i still seem to pull very decent dps on most fights.
Also in case you are wondering i did apply to SC last year as a feral tank but you only needed a feral dps at the time which i was quite sick of unfortunately.
Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)
Moderator: WoW Officers
2 posts • Page 1 of 1