***DECLINED*** 80 Blood/Unholy Deathknight Catalysmic

Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)

Moderator: WoW Officers

Keyboard Turner

***DECLINED*** 80 Blood/Unholy Deathknight Catalysmic

Post by catalysmic » 05 Jun 2010, 16:48

1. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Daniel / 18 / Brisbane, Australia

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: Monday - Sunday

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Gligor.

1.4 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: Raid purposes, plus i am too social. Goals: To maintain within a top 5 DPS recount during all raids.

1.5 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: I have good leadership capabilities, and have no trouble finding top notch people to fill up a raid.

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
A: Catalysmic / Deathknight / Nightelf / 80 / Armory Link

2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: Bløødlust, Libertas Integritas, The Odyssey. Coincidentally had left all of them because they claimed 'They will raid soon'.

2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A: Yes

3. Raiding

If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.

3.1 Our raids usually begin at 7:30pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.

3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW
A: Zul'Gurub, Blackwing Lair, AQ40, MC.

3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A: Karazhan, Sunwell Plateau, Black Temple.

3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A: Naxxramas(10/25), EoE(10/25), VoA(10/25), Ulduar(10), ToC(10/25/h10), Icc(10/25).

3.5 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players atleast be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A: This is not a problem.

3.6 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A: My internet runs completely fine, it had recently had an interruption from a 2.4ghz wireless phone which caused me to Disconnect every 10-15 minutes. Just had to change the channels and voilà!
3.7 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)
A: -Prnt Scrn Button Broken - :D

3.8 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A: Blood/Unholy (50/0/20). Why? Because believe it or not, Blood Spec is the best spec out there for Deathknights that wish to pursue a single target attack. Unholy/Frost specs are completely inferior to Blood Spec on single targets.

3.85a What major glyphs do you use and why?
A: Dark Death: Increases damage of Death Coil by 15%. Hence more DPS.
A: Disease: Refreshes Diseases on the Target therefore consuming less time to add diseases.
A: Death Strike: Increases Damage of Death strike by 1% for every runic power. Hence more DPS.
3.85b What minor glyphs do you use and why?
A: Raise Dead: Summons Dead to add to DPS.
A: HoW: Increases HoW by 1 minute. Doesn't interrupt my Rotation by having to renew HoW for an extra minute.
A: Pestilence: Increases yard of pestilence by 5 yards, Handy for AoE.
3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency

A: IT > PS > Hysteria > ;HS > DS > DRW > BT > HS > ERW > HS > HS > HS > Pestilence > dump;

4. PvP

If you’re not a very serious PvPer feel free to skip this section

4.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: -

5.Other Stuff
5.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: No.

5.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
A: No.

5.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: Better Gear (:D), More Pal's, Better DPS.

Keyboard Turner

Re: 80 Blood/Unholy Deathknight Catalysmic

Post by Gligor » 05 Jun 2010, 18:17

This kids got some game ;)

Keyboard Turner

Post by catalysmic » 05 Jun 2010, 18:32

Heyy, :p

WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post by Ularu » 06 Jun 2010, 09:07

they bumped the rep from ulduar relics, at this point in the expac seeing pvp enchant isnt very encouraging for recruiters.
your over 150 over hit cap and 12 over expertise cap, but by the looks its a gear issuse, not geming or enchant, you may want to try for the H Fos arp trinket.
as a dps dk you dont need or require for any fights vampiric blood (unless this is a pvp blood build). points would be better spent in Blood worms, they heal and dps. you can even take the points out of Rune Tap, it consumes a blood rune (one less heart strike) and fill up 3/3 blood worms.
unless your unholy you dont wanna spec into Outbreak, theres no need to bump the dmg of scourge strike. altho it buffs dmg from plauge strike, as blood the benefit are minimal. better off placing the point in to epidemic, so your not cutting your rotation of HS to refresh your diseases.
running both GoDD an GoD means your missing gylph of DRW (5+seconds up time). either of those two glyphs come in as your 3rd choice death strike and drw are a must. with your build on having 2/3 Morbidity your gimping GoDD dmg. heres a link from EJ, hope this helps you decide which blood build you want.

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t61176-bloo ... usic_died/

In 3.3 there are two general valid build for the blood spec, and they differ simply by 1 talent point, and a glyph.
Glyph of Dark Death Build

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jfVMVh0Ic ... hxc:ILGMmV

Glyph of Disease Build

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jfVMVh0Ic ... hxc:IpGMmV

These are your two main builds, and we'll discuss later the differences between them, and how to decide what is right for you.

In the Blood tree you will have 4 points to play with. If you are looking for absolute max DPS you will want to go with 3/3 Bloodworms and 1 point in Imp Blood presence. Why? Bloodworms will add a little (reports say ~ 80) DPS, and your other options being Mark of Blood and Vampiric Blood, both of which require the use of a Blood Rune, and that’s 1 less Heart Strike!

In the Unholy tree the most common line of thinking goes: Ravenous Dead > BCB > Necrosis. From my own experience, I’ve found BCB to be slightly higher than 1% DPS per talent point, whereas Necrosis was slightly < 1% DPS per talent point. Keep in mind though that Necrosis can effectively crit, whereas BCB cannot, so people with very high crit rates may see a swing in the relative value of these two talents. Typically you max all three, but if you want to play around, have at it.

Morbidity works itself out to be approximately .6% DPS per point, which is why we remove the point from there for our Glyph of Disease Build which requires 2/2 epidemic.

Good luck with app
holy snot bags batman i need heals!
Always be your self unless you can be batman, always be batman.

Keyboard Turner

Post by catalysmic » 06 Jun 2010, 12:56

Hey thanks for the constructive criticism, yeah my dps tree spec is old, i am fixing it to a better blood/unholy 3.3.3 spec. I will be replacing pyrite infuser with a Crit+ trink seeing as i will still be hit capped once removen , and for the shoulder enchant i am currently getting rep with Sons of Hodir atm, but 15+ crit rating isnt a biggie for me tbh, but always willing to go that extra step. ta

Keyboard Turner

Post by catalysmic » 06 Jun 2010, 14:57

Blood tree spec fixed, my trinks are better than some 245+ ones anyway too. Pulling 6.7k DPS UB on heroic dummy over 2 minute duration, and 8.3k on level 80 dummy over 2 minute duration. Thanks alot, new tree spec has added some dps onto my max. REPP++ to Ularu

Keyboard Turner

Post by catalysmic » 13 Jun 2010, 17:23

Reply Anyone? ;)

I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post by wazari » 14 Jun 2010, 15:52

Sorry for the late reply but we're quite full on melee atm so going to decline the app.

Good luck finding a guild
wazari | irazaw | wazaro | orazaw

bnet - Wazari#6219

#1 Countrist in the world!

ǝɯ ʇou 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹɐ noʎ