Demestoss - Warlock : Guild Appliction

Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)

Moderator: WoW Officers

demestoss
Keyboard Turner

Demestoss - Warlock : Guild Appliction

Post by demestoss » 13 May 2010, 01:25

1. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Joel / 20 / Victoria

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: Mondays (day off) otherwise most days after work usually from 7:00 pm till late

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Sollaar (real life)

1.4 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: Raid, i am a raider through and through, i love the challenge and i love to overcome it even more. i really want to see and enjoy the content, whilst striving to get the most i can out of my toon / role. im always looking to improve and contribute to the team in order to get over that next big hurdle

1.5 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: Im a pretty laid back guy, i come on wow to enjoy myself, get away from the stress' of work (and create a bunch more whilst trying to break into progression). That terrible pally sollaar (lol jokes) is my bro, and i do enjoy raiding with him. i will be preforming a server and faction change from horde jubi' to blackrock.

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
A: Demestoss (may change), Warlock (afflic), Undead (will prob change to gnome OR human), lvl 80, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Demestoss

2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: Dragonsbane doing the server xfer, so want to get into a new guild, and whilst i i love the guys at DB raiding is alittle more casual and inconsistant and i would like to get into a bit more of a serious raid format

2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A:Yes

3. Raiding

If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.

3.1 Our raids usually begin at 7:30pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.

Wednesday*
Thursday*
Sunday* (most)
Monday* (most)

3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW
A: have been through most instances, dungeons whilst lvling and raids as a lvl 80 (didn’t start wow till wrath)

3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A: have been through most instances, dungeons whilst lvling and raids as a lvl 80 (didn’t start wow till wrath)

3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A: Done some Naxx 10 runs, Onyxia 10 & 25, Uld 10 (HM Glory of Uld Raider) and 25, Totc 10 & 25, ICC 10 – 9/12 & 25 – 10/12

3.5 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players atleast be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A: No problem

3.6 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A: ADSL 2+ with a 60 GB limit (have only hit the limit once ever)

3.7 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)
A: http://i42.tinypic.com/35c0u9k.jpg as you can see run a dot timer to track dots, run recount with raid wide tracking, i have a drain soul timer addon, and run quartz to eliminate server lag loss in casting, i use grid purely to track raid buffs, debuffs etc (very usefull for bites in BQL) and have dbm to promp and alert to raid situations

3.8 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A: Affliction FTW, i know Destro is the Flavour of the month, but i play affliction much better that i do destro, still keep up if not beat Destro for most fights, and seeing as multiple ICC fights need a quick execute the absolute ownage of an afflock at <25% is a must imo

3.85a What major glyphs do you use and why?
A: 1- Haunt 2- Life tap 3- Quick Decay
1- As most affliction is Dot based the 3% increase in dot damage significantly boosts overall dps
2- Even with alot less sprit being found on gear, life tap still provides an additional 100+ (minimum) SP (also making the use of a purified dreadstone to get socket bonus quite a acceptable option)
3- When ure running over 1k haste unbuffed (>30%) allowing this to affect the spell that makes up the most of my damage, is an obvious choice

3.85b What minor glyphs do you use and why?
A: 1- drain soul 2- unending breath 3 eye of kilrog
Lets face it, locks don’t really have usefull minor glyphs, these are the 3 that seemed most practical

3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency

A: from a standstill LT (lvl 1) HAUNT > UA > COA > SB > NMIC (trinket) > Corruption> refresh Haunt on CD, refresh dots as needed (except corruption), fill with SB unless <25% then fill with Drain Soul, Life tap as needed / to keep up buff minimum

4. PvP

If you’re not a very serious PvPer feel free to skip this section

4.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: skiped

5.Other Stuff
5.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: had Sindragosa as low as 10% in ICC 25, have achieved Glory of Uld Raider (plus algalon) which isn’t as impossible as it was thx to ICC gear, but still takes some co-ordination.

5.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
A: no, not currently

5.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: I hope to Get an experience, as this will be a server / faction change for me I’m certain there will be an experience regardless, but to meet new people and hopefully make it to new Raid Progressions is what I’m after, not just as an individual but as part of a team effort. And at the same time building up my toon to be the best it can be, and thus the more able to contribute to the guild. I quite like being in a team environment, and am always hungry to excel.

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Demestoss - Warlock : Guild Appliction

Post by Azmodeus » 13 May 2010, 09:48

Nice app, under review

Ps. Bonus points for gnomes

demestoss
Keyboard Turner

Post by demestoss » 14 May 2010, 19:56

hey, as you may be able to tell from my armory link, i got haxxed today (the day i was going to transfer, wtf are the odds) so it may be alittle while till im back up and running, hope it doesnt effect my app

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post by wazari » 15 May 2010, 00:44

Nice app, shame we can't see your gear ><

One quick note though, your rotation for aff is a little off. You should open with SB before anything else for a couple of reasons

1 - it gets imp SB bonus up quicker to apply +5% crit debuff
2 - gets shadows embrace at 2 stacks by the time you cast corruption

opening cast sequence would look something like:

SB > haunt > UA > (NMIC) corr > CoA

Theres a pretty indepth read on EJ forums that goes in to the math behind it all
wazari | irazaw | wazaro | orazaw

bnet - Wazari#6219

#1 Countrist in the world!

ǝɯ ʇou 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹɐ noʎ

Sardius
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post by Sardius » 15 May 2010, 00:51

Gear looked fine from an armoury view before hacking took place.

PS Sucks you got hacked :(
Battle.Net ID: Penguins#1368

D3: Wizard/Crusader/everything, Clan <SC>

World of Warcraft
Kilrogg - Alliance

-RIP-
SW:TOR
Rift

Benko
WoW Guild Master
WoW Guild Master

Post by Benko » 20 May 2010, 18:27

let us know when you get your account back dude

demestoss
Keyboard Turner

Post by demestoss » 21 May 2010, 20:40

and im back :D got my account back today, missed it so much lol, so will be doing my transfer soon, "i wont be avaliable this week for any trials as im of to a managers confrence for the entire week and wont be close to a comp with wow on it, but yeah will be transfered and ready to roll by the start on june