***ACCEPTED*** Sollaar - Holy Paladin

Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)

Moderator: WoW Officers

Sollar
Keyboard Turner

***ACCEPTED*** Sollaar - Holy Paladin

Post by Sollar » 12 May 2010, 03:02

1. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Cameron / 23 / Melbourne

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: Monday / Wednesday / Friday / Sunday (All day.... sounds sad i know haha)
Tuesday / Thursday (Can vary from 5pm - 6:30pm log on - late)

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Not at all, I've just transfered from Jubei'thos - Horde as of tonight.

1.4 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: I've applied to SC to raid, purely because my intentions are to fit into a guild that does do PVE content and become a member of a raiding group. My goals are to obviously better my own toon but to also help out anyone else in the guild.

1.5 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: Well i've moved here from Horde - Jubei'Thos, looking to find myself an alliance guild, bit of a chance, looking to fit into a new group of raiders, meet new people, progress, obviously be rewarded for effort and time spent in the guild, i'm looking at being extremely dedicated to raiding as well so i'm hoping that this could both go hand in hand so to speak, i'm an honest person, i do have a personality, i like to try crack a joke from time to time to keep things relaxed, i'm mature most of the time, but my immature times are on vent late at night lol had many a good nights with people late at night on vent!

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
A:Sollaar / Paladin / Human / 80 /

2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: Dragonsbane on Jubei'Thos, left because I wanted a change, and what better change than server transfer and faction change (i also know a few people from alliance hence the choice to change factions)

2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A: Sure am

3. Raiding

If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.

3.1 Our raids usually begin at 7:30pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.

Wednesday*
Thursday*
Sunday*
Monday*

3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW
A: Completed all content

3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A: Completed all content

3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A:OS 3D (Twilight Vanq achievement in 2009 when content was fresh) Full Naxx / Full TOTC / Full Ulduar (on a holy priest) on my paladin 10 man is almost 100% completed, 25 is about half way through / ICC 8 - 12 experience for both 10 and 25 man

3.5 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players atleast be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A:Wont be a probelm

3.6 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A:ADSL 2 unlimited

3.7 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)
A: Will be taking a screen shot and editing my post soon (just wanted to get a post up to show interest first)

3.8 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A:Will do this tomorrow as it is 3 in the morning lol (edit tomorrow)

3.85a What major glyphs do you use and why?
A: Beacon of light glyph for increase on beacon for 30 seconds extra 100% healing, gives me the option to smash heals on the main tank longer while the off tank takes full heals. Glyph of Holy Light, like a mini aoe heal, helps balance out the heals on any melee dps, with my holy light heals on the main tank the melee gain 10% of my heals, this helps on raid healing, and works against spike dmg taken, Glyph of seal of wisdom, reduces mana on all spells, very useful and i think speaks for itself.

3.85b What minor glyphs do you use and why?
A: Glyph of lay on hands, reduces cooldown by 5 minutes is pretty useful in instances where one boss after another type instance occurs, so your lay of hands is available more often, Glyph of blessing of wisdom for increase of 20 minutes on the single buff is purely just for my own personal gain for when i'm questing or when i'm buffing i can save reagents if i'm the only pally doing wisdom on the raid. Glyph of the wise, reduces mana on casting seal of wisdom, just another mana saver.

3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency

A: Maximising my healing, I would first cast seal of wisdom (before the fight of course) I would also be looking to distinguish which tank will be taking most damage or who will be main tanking and off tanking and buffing them with beacon, i would then focus heals on the main tank whilst sacred shielding them, the only reason i prefer the main tank healing is because i can use my sacred shields on them to reduces spike damage, i would holy light a tank at the start to get my talent proc working, with the reduced casting time of holy light, and would be looking to see if the fight is very spike damage orientated, if the main tank isnt taking considerable damage i would be looking to reserve mana with flash of lights and holy shocks, whilst keeping up my proc on holy light, for healing it really does depend on the fight, the situation, i do have trinkets for mana gains on them to use whenever i need and also using divine plea and a spell power trinket at the same time to increase healing during the 50% debuff i get whilst divine please is activated.

4. PvP

If you’re not a very serious PvPer feel free to skip this section

4.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A:

5.Other Stuff
5.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: Twilight Vanquisher / Hand of Adal are the only two i would like to bring to attention as alot of people always make comments to them.

5.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
A: I will be yes considering I just xfered here and I dont want to carry all my eggs in one basket just in case I get knocked back, I dont mean that to sound offensive but I guess it's like trying to find a job you cant just hope on one thing to turn out when it might not.

5.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: I hope to meet a new bunch of people, I hope to achieve things with the guild they havent before in terms of progression, I believe that my micromanagement skills are second to none and my healing as well is also very strong and am a capiable healer!

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Sollaar - Holy Paladin

Post by Azmodeus » 12 May 2010, 09:12

App under review.

Be on tonight and we might be able to run you thorugh as a trial.

Mick
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Mick » 12 May 2010, 10:02

Sollar wrote: 3.85a What major glyphs do you use and why?
A: Beacon of light glyph for increase on beacon for 30 seconds extra 100% healing, gives me the option to smash heals on the main tank longer while the off tank takes full heals.

Sollar wrote: 3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency

A: Maximising my healing, I would first cast seal of wisdom (before the fight of course) I would also be looking to distinguish which tank will be taking most damage or who will be main tanking and off tanking and buffing them with beacon, i would then focus heals on the main tank whilst sacred shielding them, the only reason i prefer the main tank healing is because i can use my sacred shields on them to reduces spike damage, i would holy light a tank at the start to get my talent proc working, with the reduced casting time of holy light, and would be looking to see if the fight is very spike damage orientated, if the main tank isnt taking considerable damage i would be looking to reserve mana with flash of lights and holy shocks, whilst keeping up my proc on holy light, for healing it really does depend on the fight, the situation, i do have trinkets for mana gains on them to use whenever i need and also using divine plea and a spell power trinket at the same time to increase healing during the 50% debuff i get whilst divine please is activated.

With the state mana is at the moment and even your healing style, Glyph of flash of light is better then beacon. Saving 1k mana every 3 minutes is so minimal (1 melee swing with wisdom makes this up and more).

I prefer to increase the RNG chance of landing bigger heals especially since flash of light is quite a well used spell at the moment.

It doesnt make a huge difference but i just see the beacon glyph the same as other "buff duration" glyhps - sort of like a lazy mans glyph :) the only time it would be useful is if there was a fight that required 1.5 minutes of spam healing and you couldn't afford a GCD to re put it back up - no fight like this exists unless it happens in LK which i havent completed yet. Where as the glyph of flash of light increases the RNG of landing bigger heals and actually helping out - sure its only 5% but it stills an increse in healing ability.

Thats how i see it anyway.

Sollar
Keyboard Turner

Post by Sollar » 12 May 2010, 11:24

My spec is also subject to change from 51/5/15 to something like 51/19/1, lead to believe that now is the spec to have for ICC.

My Armory link is: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cn=Sollaar

Sollar
Keyboard Turner

Post by Sollar » 12 May 2010, 12:30

Also to note i'm also subject to change on my add-on's as well as my spec, i know my add-on's arent perfect but they get the job done but if i'm told other wise i'm willing to change :)

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Azmodeus » 13 May 2010, 09:08

Good work in ICC last night.

Accepted on trial