***ACCEPTED*** [80] Holy Priest - Melchiorr

Want to join SouthernCross WoW Chapter? Post here. (MOP Recruitment OPEN)

Moderator: WoW Officers

Melchiorr
Grunt

***ACCEPTED*** [80] Holy Priest - Melchiorr

Post by Melchiorr » 10 May 2010, 15:44

1. About You

Please state your

1.1 First Name / Age / Location:
A: Paul / 28 / Canberra, Australia

1.2 Usual Playtimes:
A: Thu->Sun after 7:30pm Aussie Eastern time

1.3 Do you know anyone in SC? (Online or in Real Life)
A: Don't think so

1.4 Are you applying to SC to Raid/PvP or Socialize? Or a combination? Please specify your intentions and also your goals in WoW as a whole
A: Mostly for raids and friendly guild chat :) Basically I want to do stuff more challenging than random heroics.

1.5 Any other information you feel comfortable sharing, the more we know about you the more it helps us with our decision! (optional)
A: Hrm, I'm a programmer and systems administrator, working at a university supercomputer facility. I'm polyamorous, and live with my wife and our 11 month old son. I have a girlfriend who I don't get to see often enough, I transferred to Blackrock so I can keep in touch with her and do heroics together.

2. About Your Characters

2.1 List your character(s) Name / Class / Race / Level / Armory Link:
(Please try to stay logged out in your PvE gear)
A: Melchiorr / Priest / Human / 80 / http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Melchiorr

I have a 54 mage on Blackrock and a 73 rogue on Bloodscalp I'm slowly getting towards 80 in prep for Cataclysm.

2.2 What guilds have you been in? And why have you left or intend on leaving them?
A: On Blackrock, Only Libertas Integretas. I'm intending to leave beacuse raid times just don't work for me, they start too early and I can't raid until bub is in bed. And apart from my girlfriend and a few others, their not a very sociable bunch.

On Bloodscalp I was in We Band of Brothers for classic, The Wolf Pack for most of TBC, then WTB Moar Cowbell after wolf pack broke up, which became Indecent Xposure for WoTLK, then we merged with Broken Kingdom, which became Insomnia, and then disbanded while I was busy looking after our baby and not playing wow!

2.3 Are you the original owner of your account?
A: Certainly am.

3. Raiding

If you have no intentions of ever doing any serious raiding, feel free to skip this section.

3.1 Our raids usually begin at 7:30pm AEST and run up to midnight. Place an asterix next to those days you can make.

Wednesday
Thursday *
Sunday *
Monday

3.2 What raid experience did you have in classic WoW
A: Molten Core, Black Wing Lair, AQ20 and bits of aq40.

3.3 What raid experience did you have in TBC?
A: Tempest Keep, Gruuls Lair , Karazhan.

3.4 What raid experience do you have in WotLK?
A: Naxxrammas, Obsidian Sanctum, Trial of the Crusader, I've seen the inside of ICC ;)

3.5 We use Ventrillo for communication on raids, it is required that all players atleast be able to listen in on vent. Will this be a problem for you?
A: No problemo at all

3.6 What is your internet connection? (speed and download limit – important because dogging hard raids because your “capped” is a piss weak excuse)
A: ADSL2+ that syncs at about 6Mbps, 60GB download cap

3.7 If possible please post a link to a picture of your ui with raid frames. (This is more important for healers)
A: I use sraidframes, ora2, quartz, and ForteXorcist. I'll try and get a shot up tonight when I get home.

3.8 Post a link to what you feel is the best PVE spec for your character.
A: I think my current one: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bVcbuZfxtcbzqihhcuAo is the best for 5 man healing, for raiding I'd swap the points in divine fury for spell warding.

3.85a What major glyphs do you use and why?
A: Glyph of Flash Heal - 10% mana reduction on most used spell (in heroics)
Glyph of Renew - more heal per tick of renew
Glyph of Guardian Spirit - Makes guardian spirit uber OP :)

For raiding I'd swap renew for Circle of Healing,

3.85b What minor glyphs do you use and why?
A: Shadow Protection - 10 minutes extra is useful, renewed twice an hour instead of 3 times.
Shadowfiend - he dies a lot, tho I don't use him much anymore
Fortitude - less mana used when buffing.

3.9 DPS - Describe a typical rotation you would use to maximise your DPS
Healers - Tell us what sort of healing strategies you use to maximise your healing and efficiency

A: Been a while since I've done raid healing, back then it was mostly whack-a-mole with flash heal, spamming CoH every cooldown, for 5 mans I've been keeping renew and PoM on the tank, flashing and CoHing DPS when they're taking damage, and an occaisional Greater Heal, usually when I've popped Guardian Spirit and tank is taking big damage.

From what I've read, raid healing as a holy priest in ICC is keeping renew up on the raid, CoH, PoM on cooldown, flash heal as appropriate and Serendipitied PoH for party heals.

4. PvP

If you’re not a very serious PvPer feel free to skip this section

4.1 What are your achievements of note in PvP? (high rank / Arena rating / etc)
A: Not a serious PVPer anymore. Did ok (1900 rating) in 2s and 3s in TBC on Melchiorr, but I just don't like it much.

5.Other Stuff
5.1 Do you have any achievements relavent to your application you'd wish us to note?
A: Hrm, I have a Chefs Hat, does that count? I did all the cooking achievments, then I got bored of being an achievment whore, so I'll be happy with whatever achievments I get in the course of my general duties :)

5.2 Are you applying with any other guilds at the moment?
A: Nope, No other guild has really stood out from the crowd, I've noticed you guys about a bit, in randoms and a few weekly raids and GDKPs.

5.2 What do you hope to get out of Southern Cross? Why do you think you would make a valuable member?
A: I hope to get phat lewtz and have a few hawt mages over for a drink :) Really, I hope to have a good time overcoming the challenges of raiding. I'll be valuable member cos well, I'm good at my job, I listen to and carry out instructions and I just like having fun! I've read your guild rules and totally agree with them.

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Re: [80] Holy Priest - Melchiorr

Post by wazari » 10 May 2010, 20:56

gear / experience is a little lacking but attitude and knowledge seems sound

app under review
wazari | irazaw | wazaro | orazaw

bnet - Wazari#6219

#1 Countrist in the world!

ǝɯ ʇou 'uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹɐ noʎ

Ularu
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post by Ularu » 11 May 2010, 02:11

live with my wife and our 11 month old son. I have a girlfriend who I don't get to see often enough, I transferred to Blackrock so I can keep in touch with her and do heroics together.

you dog lol
Dreadmoore
holy snot bags batman i need heals!
Always be your self unless you can be batman, always be batman.

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post by Dankyn » 11 May 2010, 02:50

1. come on WoW forums,
2. post about multiple partners
3. watch lonely nerds cry

LET ME TELL YOU BUDDY, ITS WORKING.
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
SC2 NA server = swissfeta 143
BA = pert11

Ularu
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post by Ularu » 11 May 2010, 08:04

Dankyn wrote:1. come on WoW forums,
2. troll
3. lonely nerd crys

LET ME TELL YOU BUDDY, ITS WORKING.

FixT

go home eeedra
Dreadmoore

Melchiorr
Grunt

Post by Melchiorr » 11 May 2010, 12:22

You mean not everyone's like that? ;)

Not trolling, it's how we live. If you don't like that, it's ok, I don't care. I mention it because that filters out a lot of bs. Sensible people don't care or make a joke about it and don't mention it again, and people I don't want to hang with, get all up tight and silly about it.

I was off Wow from just before the release of Ulduar until about a month ago. I've been gathering pre-icc gear according to:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1

With some differences based on my play style and a few raid items I've got. I will get my 50 frost cloak this week, then I just need the bloody offhand from HoR, and I'll have no upgrades outside of raids.

Hope that helps :)

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post by wazari » 11 May 2010, 13:14

Sensible people don't really exist on the interwebz let alone in WoW

your marital arrangements mean nothing to me if you do become an SC raider. If you show up on time, don't fuck up (anymore than secro does) then I don't really care how you spend your personal life :)

will let you know our response before tomoros raid starts :)

bnet - Wazari#6219

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post by Dankyn » 11 May 2010, 15:28

If you include interesting stuff it in your application of course its going to be mentioned. I don't have anything against it nor do i support it; its just a way of life that in no way effects me. I just thought it was humorous that you have 2 partners when some of us other computer game nerds (ie me) have trouble getting 1.
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
BA = pert11

MJ
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post by MJ » 11 May 2010, 15:34

Dankyn wrote:If you include interesting stuff it in your application of course its going to be mentioned. I don't have anything against it nor do i support it; its just a way of life that in no way effects me. I just thought it was humorous that you have 2 partners when some of us other computer game nerds (ie me) have trouble getting 1.

You'll always have me in spirit. [HEART] Dankyn
ImageImage

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 11 May 2010, 16:00

Sorry MJ you don't have a vagina :P

wazari on the other hand ........

bwaha
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

wazari
I Am Legendary
I Am Legendary

Post by wazari » 11 May 2010, 16:54

Secro wrote:Sorry MJ you don't have a vagina :P

wazari on the other hand ........

bwaha

correct I do have a vagina

it's your mums

it's in my face right now

bnet - Wazari#6219

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post by Dankyn » 11 May 2010, 17:04

I trust the [HEART]
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
BA = pert11

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 11 May 2010, 17:06

Waz, stop trolling applicant posts! :P
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Melchiorr
Grunt

Post by Melchiorr » 11 May 2010, 18:56

Dankyn wrote:If you include interesting stuff it in your application of course its going to be mentioned. I don't have anything against it nor do i support it; its just a way of life that in no way effects me. I just thought it was humorous that you have 2 partners when some of us other computer game nerds (ie me) have trouble getting 1.

Ah sorry, I was directing my comments more at Ularu, with his 'fixt' brand of humour. I did have a lol at your post!

Ularu
WoW Officer
WoW Officer

Post by Ularu » 11 May 2010, 21:26

Melchiorr wrote:

Ah sorry, I was directing my comments more at Ularu, with his 'fixt' brand of humour. I did have a lol at your post!

lol was calling dankye a troll..

good luck with app
Dreadmoore