Hey Hey Everyone!

Off-topic forum for jokes, funny sites,other games, pictures etc.
WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Hey Hey Everyone!

Post#1 » 22 Jan 2015, 13:59

Hi Southern Cross!

Over the past 6mths the activity in Southern Cross has dwindled down to where we are close to extinction but I don’t want to let SC die as it’s been a big part of my gaming life and I have met some great friends within SC. At the beginning of 2014 I transferred the forums and website to a new hosting service as prior to that Kash was maintaining them both as the administrator and financier and after discussing with him I said I would take up the mantle. The website is running the default WordPress theme as many may have noticed as I haven’t had a great deal of time to create anything different. If anyone would like to be involved. Please send me a PM.
Due to the lack of activity I have pruned the forums, World of Warcraft, LotRO and Elder Scrolls Online have all been moved where SC Officers can see them but members cannot. If the Guild Masters of those chapters wish to have them re-enabled please send me a PM via the forums. In regards to World of Warcraft which has been a huge part of Southern Cross I did put out questions to other members and in the officers forum as to what was happening. There hasn’t been any activity for Warlords on the forums which is a surprising shame. I do know there is members involved as Horde on Barthilas and if they require forums please let me know and I can create a board for them even though it’s not a ‘SC’ labelled guild.
I have created Dota 2 forums for Southern Cross players who wish to discuss how to defend those ancients. I have a few SC Steam friends that play so hopefully that may attract some forum activity.
If there is any other games that members wish forums for please send me a PM.

There is also a Southern Cross Steam group you can join and a Facebook group if you wish to stay in touch with other SC members. Links are in my signature.

Hopefully a new game will come along soon that re-invigorates Southern Cross.

You may have noticed the Star Wars: The Old Republic forums are live again as Ishute (Leo) and myself both have active subs on The Bastion and with any luck will be resurrecting Southern Cross with plans to enable the guild capitol ship for Galactic Conquest and we have already purchased the guild Stronghold.
For those that remember Southern Citadel in SWG, The Old Republic stronghold is in the Outer Rim on the planet of Dromund Kaas in the Sith capital, many moons before it was established on Naboo (SWG reference :wink: ). The guild Stronghold already has cargo, guild bank and stronghold terminals as well as augmentation crafting tables and other vendors. Over time we will be expanded upon enlarging in size and displaying Southern Cross’s trophies, hopefully it will be a good meeting place too like the cantina in SWG of old.
If you were level 50 and were moved to The Bastion during the server migration then you are now in exile (a new guild rank) and sent to the Dune Sea to study the digestion times of Sarlaccs. All alts/players below level 50 have been removed from the guild. Should anyone come back in the free-to-play mode you will be in ‘Preferred Status’ (as a previous subscriber) and your level 50 will be moved to a member rank again, your alts are more than welcome to join SC as well.
I have devised a new ranking system which you can read here. The idea behind it is that we have a hierarchy based on player level. The exception is that those that wish to lead PvP/PvE have a rank and Southern Cross veterans have a rank. Veterans are on the Dark Council and have input in to the leaders and the running of the guild but generally do not have to lead groups.
I will be recruiting anyone wishing to join SC and once they are level 40+ will get member rank which comes with the ability to recruit, much like the early days of SWG. The goal is to build SC and create a formidable PvP guild. There won’t be a big emphasis on PvE Flashpoints or Operations. That’s not to say we won’t be involved with PvE content, of course it will be, but we won’t be putting a lot of emphasis on operation schedules but we will be trying to organize regular PvP events, especially as we move in to the Galactic Conquest.
For those that are ‘Preferred Status’ players there is cartel items to unlock unlimited weekly access to PvP without being a subscriber (else you are limited to 3 matches). If PvP teams are successful the goal would be to give these to PvP players so that they can participate without a subscription.
I’m contemplating anyone who contributes 500,000 credits to the guild to unlock the capitol ship (50mil credits) or the guild Stronghold on Naboo (15mil credits) then I will gift them the latest cartel pack on offer as a way to say thanks.

I’m excited to be back in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The game is much different that all would remember and truckloads better.

Wastey
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hey Hey Everyone!

Post#2 » 22 Jan 2015, 19:28

I played some swtor this month and it was actually still interesting. I might try and join in again. We'll see :) I was paying the bills BTW, kash had no money because of his ice addiction.

Say hi to Leo for me!
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » 22 Jan 2015, 19:39

Is true. Only just kicked the habit. Now if only I could get these bugs out from under my skin....

I wouldn't be able to put together any time for an MMO ATM. I get maybe 2 hrs of time a day and that's mostly housework!
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#4 » 26 Jan 2015, 12:55

Can you participate at a reasonable level as a f2p. Are there barriers to participation in typical guild activities.

IE I'm not ready to commit to spending money yet.

TOR was always a sad shame, I did thoroughly enjoy leveling that Imperial Agent.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » 26 Jan 2015, 15:28

Wastey might correct me (because im not 100%) but I think Warzones (instanced grp pvp) are restricted, you buy some token that lets you in for a set period.

Same for operations (instanced raid pve), I think the 4 man instances are full access.

Honestly, I think going from the full game to a limited one will be annoying, i tried it and couldn't handle the restrictions (credit cap, trade skill limits, auction limits, gear limits) etc, I just paid the sub and was pretty happy .....

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#6 » 27 Jan 2015, 13:33

Hmm logged on again, will run a Bounty Hunter through and see how I feel about it.

Operations are locked out for f2p, so that would be the main loss I think. Some of the others say reduce rewards past X number per week, but for casual that'll be ok, excep the PvP ones.

The biggest immediate annoyance coming from sub was the inability to use purples, however I see a global unlock on account is now available (I'm sure when I last time it only had per character, am about 150 points shy of the global unlock so if I quickly do the story classes I can probably get over the line). It was really sad (I think I call it a kick in the nuts) playing a character and getting a low purple that you just have throw away.

Other was legacies over credit cap, but if I'm at that point, probably playing enough to warrant sub. Never worked out where money on my Agent was going as he was over 350k.

Basically write off crafting as pointless without 3, doesn't appear large loss.

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#7 » 27 Jan 2015, 20:03

If you do come back as a subsciber use my referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/MYCYPT

This is a good resource for what to purchase to unlock account wide options like 3rd crew member, cargo slots etc.

http://www.constantwarfare.com/unsubswtor

Have a look at Returning to Preferred. The best thing to do is pay for a month's sub to access everything then spend your credits buying unlocks from the GTN. The game is playable as preferred status. I did it for ages and have unlocked a lot but I'm a subsciber now for 6mths. :D

I'll be on between 9pm and 10-10:30pm most nights now.

Hope to see you online.

Wastey :D
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#8 » 04 May 2015, 09:22

Hopefully a new MMO will come out in the next little while to revive the guild. Doesn't really seem to have been any really interesting ones in a while and realistically SWTOR and WoW aren't going to bring SC back to life.
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » 04 May 2015, 20:13

Games on my radar:

GW2: HoT expansion
FFXIV: Heavensward expansion

(5 year gap)

Crowfall

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#10 » 05 May 2015, 21:19

No camelot unchained bradley?

Edit: how is gw2? I basically stopped playing after 3 months.
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 » 05 May 2015, 22:33

Haven't really looked at it since 2 years ago .... :( Might go on there sooner to it's release.

I played solid the first year of GW2 - great game :)

Then got a bit bored, but it's starting to drum up hype again :D

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#12 » 06 May 2015, 14:20

I'm tempted to give it another go, might suit my present casual gaming habits.
Chrien