Dark Souls

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dark Souls

Post#1 » 07 Mar 2012, 18:33

Fucking hard game :(

Does anyone play it and can give me some starter tips?
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Re: Dark Souls

Post#2 » 07 Mar 2012, 21:13

havent got it but I played a fair bit of Demon's Souls. Main thing I would say is get really good at dodging and the timing on your attack animations.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#3 » 17 Mar 2012, 15:57

If you still need a hand (on the 360 version) just shoot me a message, I think your on my friends list :)

My suggestion is either play as a high endurance character with a spear so you roll super fast and can near constantly attack/block. Or go a pure mage, rush straight to Havel, the Hydra, then kill the Crystal golem in the lake to get great mage gear and just smash stuff with magic arrow/magic shield.

Thats the 2 builds I've played so far, have a super heavy faith knight in progress with the Warriors of the Sunlight, seems pretty decent too. If you want to go with that type of build I'd recommend helping people finish the gargoyles/Capra demon to get a ton of medallions (as most people don't turn down help at those bosses, and are all roughly the same level).

Azza
The Patient
The Patient

Post#4 » 18 Apr 2012, 01:46

PC version inc!
WoW: Estella - EVE: Arksy - Aion: Arkdo

Raisty
The Patient
The Patient

Post#5 » 05 Jun 2012, 10:04

So the consoles are getting their own set of DLC, including some changes to make it easier to play co-op with a friend (rather than just random people)!

So if anyone wants a hand/is up for some dark souls once the dlc is out, just let me know :D