Soooo Skyrim.....

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Soooo Skyrim.....

Post by Secro » 21 Nov 2011, 14:21

yeah, i'm saving a few of the factions for my next play through as well :)

Have done champions, joining storm cloaks :D
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 21 Nov 2011, 15:49

stormcloacks can kiss my ass. Bunch of assholes! Wheres the joion the dragons and burn the place to the ground option? :O
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Nov 2011, 17:13

lol both sides are fucked in this. Don't want to post any story line spoilers, but you feel like an arse hole joining any side :P
ah well!!

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post by Forath » 21 Nov 2011, 23:40

Finished the main quest easy enough once I stopped tooling around doing side quests. Hats off to Beth for the fabalous dungeon diversity, was a major downer in oblivion, they all felt the same.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Nov 2011, 23:45

yeah, doing the dungeons is pretty fun :P

I like just going to a cave and finding a secret door and there is a massive underground complex behind it lol (the secret doors aren't even obvious!)

It's sorta good some traps will kill you too, makes you pay attention for that stuff.

It's a pretty good game all up imo, maybe GOTY material :)

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Thebigman » 22 Nov 2011, 05:36

My mate Splatter was hesitating between Skyrim, BF3 and MW3 until SW:TOR comes out. He ended up buying Skyrim after I told him that it looked like you guys dumped BF3 when Skyrim came out.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 22 Nov 2011, 06:19

Thebigman wrote:My mate Splatter was hesitating between Skyrim, BF3 and MW3 until SW:TOR comes out. He ended up buying Skyrim after I told him that it looked like you guys dumped BF3 when Skyrim came out.
Good choice. Should keep him entertained for the ~23 days we have to wait till TOR is released :p

Sardius
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post by Sardius » 22 Nov 2011, 11:03

The secret stuff in caves is pretty cool, stumbled on a couple of vampire lairs that way, was definitely not obvious that they were there which was nice. Having annoying issues with Marketh, stupid glitch with the guards continually looping their 'you must go to prison' crap, bah. Hopefully they fix this or I can find a bounty hunter in the wilds who will clear it for me, I'd use a console command to do it but I like my 'cheevos too much :P
Battle.Net ID: Penguins#1368

D3: Wizard/Crusader/everything, Clan <SC>

World of Warcraft
Kilrogg - Alliance

-RIP-
SW:TOR
Rift

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 22 Nov 2011, 11:13

Sardius wrote:I'd use a console command to do it but I like my 'cheevos too much :P
oh so they fixed the 'give myself achievements via the console' you could do in Fallout3?
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 22 Nov 2011, 12:09

Ok so Im a conjuror and was stalking a wiki during lunch
PRO TIP (for master conjuror with "Dead Thrall" spell)

Once you find some good thralls, you'll likely want to keep them. Unfortunately, this can stifle conversation with the residents of Skyrim, who will make comments about your spell and sometimes refuse to speak to you altogether. Luckily, there seems to be a gruesome solution. Walk your thralls to the basement of your home. Unsummon them by conjuring two familiars (or anything). The thralls will drop to the ground lifeless and await your next battle like unused, horrifying Pokémon. ("I choose you Volkihar Vampire and you Master Necromancer! You're sitting this one out, Bandit Thug!") My thralls haven't disappeared yet, but I can't guarantee that they won't eventually, so I haven't stored any items in them. But it's conceivable that you can use them as extra storage containers if you're OCD about separating your items into different containers, but cool with dead bodies lying around your home. How many can YOU collect? Gotta catch and kill and zombify and store in your basement 'em all!
source
Steam Surg3on / Kashak

Sardius
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post by Sardius » 22 Nov 2011, 13:35

Kashak wrote:oh so they fixed the 'give myself achievements via the console' you could do in Fallout3?
I've found conflicting information using teh googlez, some pages says it doesn't impact achievements but most say that it turns 'em off. Not willing to try that one out. Will just have to hope they fix it soon, should never have accidently shot a random traveller in the face and gotten a bounty on my head in that region (I thought 2 guys were attacking another guy, turns out they were just partying beside the road).
Battle.Net ID: Penguins#1368

D3: Wizard/Crusader/everything, Clan <SC>

World of Warcraft
Kilrogg - Alliance

-RIP-
SW:TOR
Rift

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 22 Nov 2011, 15:13

Anyone got any recommendations for a caster?

Some people are recommending Conjuration , Destruction and Restoration.

I dunno, Alteration also seems good. Illusion seems..meh?

I was rolling an alt nuker and have nfi what to use QQ

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 23 Nov 2011, 09:55

Conjuration is super handy and bound bow is just fun (bound sword sucks). Destruction seems to have trouble scaling at lvl 22 where I am. Not that it sucks but hoo boy the big spells drain mana like a bitch so you'll need good gear.

Alteration is super effective at saving your bacon (you REALLY notice the hits when your shield is down) but I really hope I get stability soon so shields last longer! That said, a 2H axe orc is going to pwn you if he gets in a good swing or two no matter what.

Summon atronach seems to be the way to go. Zombies are great at the start but you quickly run into level issues. Either way, an extra meat shield is almost a must and flame atronach pew pews at dragons. Get the dual cast makes the summon longer perk.

Im currently levelling enchanting and going searching for Azuras Star so I can get my mage gear up to scratch.

Illusion sucks AFAIK. Every spell is limited to mobs too low level for me to care about.

edit: oh and you need resto duh :) Plus its got neat +magic regen perks.
Steam Surg3on / Kashak

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 23 Nov 2011, 09:57

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143 ... nto-skyrim

braaaaa, check that shit out. 2 more whole continents, possibly more just sitting there :P

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post by Forath » 23 Nov 2011, 10:40

Once you get to impact in destruction its all over as a contest in combat. You can spam your t2 spell all day 1v1 and never be touched.

Its a fair bit of kiting before that though.