Terraria

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Terraria

Post#1 » 20 Jun 2011, 13:56

Minecraft+Diablo(kinda).

Kinda like Minecraft for 2D dummies like me. I find it pretty good! Need to use the web to figure out the basics (id suggest a how to build your first house tutorial video) but after that your golden. Hard not to get $10 of entertainment outta it.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Terraria

Post#2 » 21 Jun 2011, 18:02

LOL this is actually quite fun..

Just got it and trying it out..looked a bit simple at first, but it seems looking at the videos online it can get quite cool - weapons, monsters etc

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#3 » 23 Jun 2011, 19:06

It quite decent, and you can take your character into other people worlds.

And across all games the money you put in a piggy bank is available in all games (this to me says hackable :()

However he hasn't put any extra content in, but as of the recent patch said he is moving from bug fixes to more content. As it seems a solid day or two can max most things.

I think my character is working on meteor armour and has his light saber.

It be nice to have things that make a month to build up to, and more you can develop in your towns.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » 24 Jun 2011, 09:09

Usambara wrote:It quite decent, and you can take your character into other people worlds.

And across all games the money you put in a piggy bank is available in all games (this to me says hackable :()

However he hasn't put any extra content in, but as of the recent patch said he is moving from bug fixes to more content. As it seems a solid day or two can max most things.

I think my character is working on meteor armour and has his light saber.

It be nice to have things that make a month to build up to, and more you can develop in your towns.

Yeesh your fast..been playing for 3 days and still digging my way down to hell using my gold pickaxe lol..needs more money for my miner helm..

Zoobs
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#5 » 30 Jun 2011, 21:27

Fitz wrote:
Yeesh your fast..been playing for 3 days and still digging my way down to hell using my gold pickaxe lol..needs more money for my miner helm..

Well I did offer but you don't like taking a bone when its thrown at you do ya?

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#6 » 01 Jul 2011, 07:45

Anyone thinking of throwing up a dedicated server for the SC guys to hang about in.

To be honest I've never made it down to the lowest tier but apparently its even harder down there (ie group play needed).

The large maps are huge... you can spend hours digging down and still barely make a quarter of the way. If you looking at building up gear best to do on the tiny map.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#7 » 01 Jul 2011, 09:40

Usambara wrote:Anyone thinking of throwing up a dedicated server for the SC guys to hang about in.

To be honest I've never made it down to the lowest tier but apparently its even harder down there (ie group play needed).

The large maps are huge... you can spend hours digging down and still barely make a quarter of the way. If you looking at building up gear best to do on the tiny map.

I see that as cheating personally.. just like Zoobs trying to give me uber gear straight away..whats the point of playing?
Ive got a server i run (not up all the time so no point me hosting it) that ive got about 80% down to hell..taken me about 5+ hours of solid digging lol using gold pickaxe..turns out its pointless as i need a nightmare or better pickaxe, but that means i need to kill eater of worlds? i think and i cbf reasearching how to spawn him..

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#8 » 04 Jul 2011, 14:43

Fitz wrote:Ive got a server i run (not up all the time so no point me hosting it) that ive got about 80% down to hell..taken me about 5+ hours of solid digging lol using gold pickaxe..turns out its pointless as i need a nightmare or better pickaxe, but that means i need to kill eater of worlds? i think and i cbf reasearching how to spawn him..

Once you have enough hearts the Eye boss spawns at night and once you down him you get a Dryad moving into one of your spare rooms. She sells purification powder that lets you dig around in corrupt areas for shadow orbs (think nice loot chests). Smash a bunch of those and world eater spawns.... he ate me :(

Also dug so far across I hit the dungeon... whoops. Found the underground jungle last night but not tough enough to handle it.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.