Portal 2

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Portal 2

Post#1 » 21 Apr 2011, 10:27

zomg, so awesome :D

The story line and exploration is kicked up a notch. I haven't finished yet, but I think I'm pretty close.

I think they must of used some tricks to get the source engine still looking decent!

I don't really wanna say much cause it will spoil it, the new puzzle dynamics are great though.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Portal 2

Post#2 » 21 Apr 2011, 13:56

Cewl. i'll have to pick it up one day. Was planning on playing it coop ... :(

For now... Shogun! Turned it up to hard.... huge difference.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#3 » 22 Apr 2011, 13:38

Pretty much finished everything there is to portal 2 with Sovaka the last few nights. Its a great game but I was a little disappointed. Puzzles are much easier than the first one imo, little to no need for any mid air portal switching etc in single player, solutions in general usually don't allow for much creativity, just find the available wall panels and solve the puzzle in sequence.

Actually enjoyed the coop more, game and puzzle structure is more like Portal 1, some of the puzzles are far more challenging than anything in single player (but not actually hard).

Really hoping they patch in challenge modes like in the first game as it is what the game is badly lacking imo.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game, but I just expected more out of the actual puzzles. With the change to a full priced game, I also didn't expect them to cut the the most replayable gameplay mode from portal 1. Also why would you spend $5-$80 on costumes for a 3-4 hour long multiplayer component :/ Makes we wonder if valve will be expanding the multiplayer. Its somewhat understandable in TF2, where if you love the game you can get 100's or 1000's of hours out of silly hats. In Portal the coop is quality, but Sov and I cleared it in about 3 and 1/2 hours, then did all the multi achievements in the next hour or 2.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » 25 Apr 2011, 14:15

Blasphamy
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

simonsmp
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post#5 » 10 May 2011, 02:30

Finished this in 7 hours I think, rofl.

But you're right. I fucking loved the story line! Shame it was so short, but it was expected, first one didn't go for overly long. I didn't like the lack of 'white walls' to make portals on though, made it a bit more obvious to the solution in each puzzle. Still, a LOT of it made me giggle like an idiot.
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Simonsmp/
Simonsmp for Prime Minister
DPS Paladin!

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post#6 » 12 May 2011, 03:41

awesome game enjoyed thoroughly. finished it then started again with developer commentary haha.
haven't done multiplayer yet because i have no friends
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
SC2 NA server = swissfeta 143
BA = pert11

simonsmp
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post#7 » 12 May 2011, 07:29

Dankyn wrote:awesome game enjoyed thoroughly. finished it then started again with developer commentary haha.
haven't done multiplayer yet because i have no friends

add me on steam son

simonsmp1

How was the dev commentary? Haven't done that yet!
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Simonsmp/
Simonsmp for Prime Minister
DPS Paladin!