Shogun 2

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shogun 2

Post#1 » 18 Apr 2011, 09:02

Suprisingly good. I had left the series after it became plauged by poor AI , ranged units and complexity I couldnt handle. AI has been quite good, complexity is down because your just fighting over Japan and the unit counts are lower and the units are back to good old melee and archers.

Its not perfect but its a very good quality hardcore strategy game if you have a decent PC to run it.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shogun 2

Post#2 » 28 Apr 2011, 11:12

Fucking love the game, spent full days on it and got annoyed when its time to sleep. Only broken bits are sometimes the AI goes spazzy in seiges and reinforcements arent handled too well.

The AI on hard is good enough to give me major stress :) Currently hanging out for tonight as I've got the largest battle I've ever had ready to go as soon as I get home (4-5 armies vs my two or three). I'd be doomed except my ninja managed to put their 5 star daimyo out of action.

Havent had this much fun since medieval 1.
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur

Battousai
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#3 » 28 Apr 2011, 11:27

Good to hear .. it will be finished downloading when i get back from work ><
Currently - .... Dota2?

Too damn damn RPGS - Usually Battousai/Exkalibur toons.

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » 28 Apr 2011, 22:32

massive seiges utilising 20+ units are a bit fail ATM. The AI doesnt seem to handle the reinforcements properly (well it doesnt handle reinforcements properly in most battles). probably easily fixed (hopefully in the may patch with DX11 support).
Steam Surg3on / Kashak

ToMeK
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#5 » 29 Apr 2011, 00:55

Nice, bought this game probably a month ago and took me 11 hours to do the tutorial so far. Loved medieval and played the first shogun years ago so might have to give the campaign a proper go. Told myself I'd be playing this when my 1 month of rift ran out but somehow rift sucked me back in.

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » 29 Apr 2011, 12:09

If you find normal a bit boring try it on hard. Difficulty really jumps up! You should get smashed first attempt if your skill level is about mine but give it another go.
Steam Surg3on / Kashak

ToMeK
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post#7 » 01 May 2011, 10:35

I find rift keeps sucking me back in unfortunatly :(

1 stratergy game I will be playing alot though and am hanging for is heroes of might and magic 6. Have played everyone of these and loved the series.

Battousai
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#8 » 01 May 2011, 17:22

Homm VI got release pushed back : (
Currently - .... Dota2?

Too damn damn RPGS - Usually Battousai/Exkalibur toons.

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#9 » 02 May 2011, 11:18

I havent enjoyed a HOMM since #3. The only one that had half decent campaign AI (or at least designed around the AI weaknesses).

edit: played the fuck out of #3 tho.
Steam Surg3on / Kashak

woopedazz
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#10 » 02 May 2011, 18:07

HoMM III was the absolute bomb!

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#11 » 10 May 2011, 17:07

Big patch is out. if you have a DX11 card like the 5850 or above it makes a big difference. Kind of amazing how the software smarts behind DX11 have such a large improvement compared to DX9.
Steam Surg3on / Kashak