Cant post here. Too busy playing Civ5!

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Roddy
The Patient
The Patient

Re: Cant post here. Too busy playing Civ5!

Post by Roddy » 08 Oct 2010, 14:04

The one big thing that has annoyed me is the UI. I don't know why but every other change ive got my head around except the UI change.....its too.........i dunno...Modern? Console? I know everything is still there a few clicks away but just seems wrong.
Roddy (LOTRO) - deceased.
Roddy (SWG) - FUCK YOU SOE!!!
Roddie (EQ2) deceased.
Roddy (WoW) deceased
Roddi (WoW - Frostmourne) deceased
Roddi Cross (EvE) deceased
Roddy (AoC) deceased
Roddy (WAR) deceased

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post by Forath » 10 Oct 2010, 21:19

Just beat it on emperor with the romans, it was harder but the ai still does dopey things.

In civ4 I remember they'd gang up 4 to 1 to stomp you.

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post by Beothel » 10 Oct 2010, 21:51

I've been ganged up on more than that on King. Had three civs declare on me simultaneously, and every turn another civ or two would declare on me until there were 8 or 9 of them vs. me. Bloody Napoleon is the biggest backstabber. Helped him take out Harun, at his request, then as soon as the war was over he declares on me, bringing in Cathy and Alexander at the same time.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

drakatar
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by drakatar » 10 Oct 2010, 22:01

Having huge issues with happiness when at war, thinking now I'll just raze the cities and rebuild with my own settler, save gold costs as well

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kashak » 13 Oct 2010, 11:39

I'm a wierd player in that I generally dislike conquest beyond the areas that make a good sized country. I like to build up an economy that can stand the test of time and produce the spacecraft in about 10 turns :)
drakatar wrote:Having huge issues with happiness when at war, thinking now I'll just raze the cities and rebuild with my own settler, save gold costs as well
I raze a LOT (ive even razed wonders) but try and puppet the city when its really good or its really early.

Ghandi's special happiness power is freaking awesome if your going to be playing long enough to get decent sized cities.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

drakatar
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post by drakatar » 13 Oct 2010, 12:07

Currently go 5 cities with 15 population but due to happiness struggling to bring up the other cities, currently 23 and growing, I cover north to south and east to west on my continent, about to start looking for the other.