FFXIII

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

FFXIII

Post#1 » 11 Mar 2010, 16:09

Who else is playing it?
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Re: FFXIII

Post#2 » 11 Mar 2010, 16:35

considering getting it but havent yet. Think I would rather finsih Tales Of Vesperia first anyway.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#3 » 11 Mar 2010, 16:47

Secro wrote:Who else is playing it?

Someone lend me their PS3...

(PS I went to school / am friends with the voice actress who voices that red-headed chicky in FXIII - she is hella cute IRL ;P)

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#4 » 11 Mar 2010, 20:47

ps. how is it?
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » 12 Mar 2010, 09:22

Yeah Spot, it's pretty good. It's a bit easy mode at first but as you unlock more skills and classes the combat gets a lot more interesting, if you want to get the highest score. You need to be able to swap your party roles using a new system called paradigm shift to maximise damage / defence / debuff/buffs constantly. There is also a meter on each enemy called a stagger meter, if you make the mob stagger by maxing out the bar (which constantly decreases unless you debuff it or use a commando to keep it from decreasing quicker) then you get massive damage buff.

I think the combat is well done, they still made battles pretty fast but enough risk that you might die if not paying attention. Bosses generally take a bit longer but if you work out a good way to get it to stagger fast then switch your team to purely offensive you can deal out some series damage, at the risk of copping a big attack ..... and if your main character dies the battle ends. You don't control the other 2 party members, but by switching their class you control their actions. using Libra on enemies shows their weakness as well, so then the AI will use attacks that will hurt it more.

Vanille, the red head, is very annoying with the constant high pitched squeals.

The story is pretty cool so far as well. The characters are a bit lame tho, square needs to refresh that stuff, it's the same every game. Naive girl, macho guy, stupid comical guy that has serious moments that suprise everyone, boy struggling with some internal conflict thus making him moody, oh and tough act like a lesbian girl, but then cry sometimes lol.... zzz we seen it the last 20 years.
I guess it's what Japanese people love though :O

Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#6 » 12 Mar 2010, 09:25

Picked it up yesterday, planning to play it tonight.

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#7 » 12 Mar 2010, 09:33

Secro wrote:boy struggling with some internal conflict thus making him moody

You should feel honored that Square includes a character modeled after you in every game they make :D
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#8 » 12 Mar 2010, 09:34

lol, eat a penis Christopher!

Sardius
Pandaren Monk
Pandaren Monk

Post#9 » 12 Mar 2010, 09:49

Fitz wrote:Someone lend me their PS3...

Isn't it on 360 as well?
Battle.Net ID: Penguins#1368

D3: Wizard/Crusader/everything, Clan <SC>

World of Warcraft
Kilrogg - Alliance

-RIP-
SW:TOR
Rift

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#10 » 13 Mar 2010, 18:45

decided to get it (yes on 360) first 4 hrs are slow as but once paradigm shift opens up the combat gets pretty good. And for that matter somewhat challenging for a JRPG.
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Syleena
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#11 » 16 Mar 2010, 19:08

I have it!! and I freaking love it! FFXIII is soo pretty =D

WoW - Sylestine 80 Druid
WoW - Caelestria 80 Mage
WoW - Lilsunshine 80 Pally
WoW - Samariah 80 Warlock
WoW - Syleena 80 Rogue

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#12 » 16 Mar 2010, 20:46

Syleena wrote:FFXIII is soo pretty =D

Sets the standard for beautiful environments. Imo half the early ones are actually a bit overwhelming in the background detail.
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

mishnut
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post#13 » 17 Mar 2010, 22:44

But God of War 3 comes out tomorrow why would you waste time with some silly amine game?
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 377 character limit

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#14 » 17 Mar 2010, 23:36

why would u waste time on silly quick time events when Dragon Age Awakenings is out :p
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#15 » 18 Mar 2010, 07:22

Spoticus wrote:why would u waste time on silly quick time events when Dragon Age Awakenings is out :p

Boggle wTF where is my memo!!