Assassin's Creed 2

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Assassin's Creed 2

Post by Secro » 20 Nov 2009, 08:35

It's pretty bad ass thus far.
Lots of new stuff and graphics are improved. I don't even have any weapons yet, just running around belting people with my fists and throwing them off buildings.
You can also grip people and knee them or headbutt if you so wish it :D
Your mum, when comparing you to Leonardo DaVinci!, in the game said your only "outlet" was vagina!
I giggled.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Huntazor
High Overlord
High Overlord

Re: Assassin's Creed 2

Post by Huntazor » 20 Nov 2009, 15:00

>.< this sucks. I preordered it on PC, go up to the counter, waiting patiently for the girl to come back and give me the precious loot.. 10 mins later she walks out of the back room without a game.. It got pushed back :( even worse they didnt set a release date!

/cry
sc's best dodger

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 20 Nov 2009, 15:02

:(

It could be ages till it comes out on PC dude.

If you have an xbox or PS3 I'd cancel your PC pre-order and get it that way.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Spoticus » 20 Nov 2009, 16:32

picked it up today, but I want to keep playing Dragon Age.

Don't know what to play!!
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 20 Nov 2009, 17:14

ac2 is good, i suggest splitting time equally ;D

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post by Fitz » 20 Nov 2009, 21:07

WTF is it seriously early 2010 for the PC version?

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Nov 2009, 07:46

The last one came out about the same time after the console versions.

There is no confirmed date as far as I know.

Buy a console.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Nov 2009, 11:10

DAMN.

Been playing this a lot of last night and for about 5 hours this morning.

It just keeps getting better and better! Can do heaps of new assassinations and now that you can purchase weapons and armour etc making money is handy. Luckily you take over your uncles estate / and the surronding town and work on improving it by upgrading shops and repairing buildings. The more the town is worth the more money you earn every 20 mins (have to collect it from the house, and it does cap out.) You can also buy artwork to increase your familys holdings etc :)

Another thing I have noticed is that there is people you can chase down in cities. I'm not sure what they have cause i haven't caught one yet, but they look like they are thieves. You can't kill them I think, you are just meant to tackle them. The guards chase em as well.

I have my double hidden blades now as well, but i'm yet to figure out the double assassination technique, i think it's learnt through progressing the story. Or i'm just a retard :P

Only reason I took a break is because it's fkn hot in Sydney today, and I didn't want my PS3 to blow lol (it wasn't even close to overheating, the fans kick into a different mode if it is, i just treat my PS3 like a small child! :P)

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Spoticus » 21 Nov 2009, 12:30

Yeah, if you liked/love the first one its hard to imagine you will be disappointed by #2. I have been playing all morning and have spent 90% of my time just exploring/looting the areas :D

My only complaint is that combat seems really easy, but it is very early on in the game and just experimenting with all the ways to kill people is more than enough entertainment anyway :P Personal preference at the moment is just countering people with the dagger.

I really do like the way they have implemented grappling/flanking into the combat system.
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Nov 2009, 12:40

Yeah, same problem with the first one. Combat isn't exactly hard, thus far anyway.... it's still fun i guess though :)

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Spoticus » 21 Nov 2009, 12:42

First one had a 'hard' difficulty setting that at least meant the odd enemy was tough. Doesn't seem to be difficulty modes in this unless I missed it.

just got and tested the double hidden blades myself. Just walk between two guards secro with them equipped and hit your attack button, face stabbed both of them first go for me :)
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Nov 2009, 15:57

how cool is the house you pimp out lol, i'm almost done buying all the buildings for the town!

And yeah, i just must not have been close enough to reach with my other arm. You can do some cool looking take downs lol.

My favourite was jump off the building and do an air assassination, and then turning around and stabbing the other 2 guards in the face haha.

Still haven't had a chance to do the hidden assassination for real yet, but i'll keep an eye out :D

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Spoticus » 22 Nov 2009, 10:14

yeah its quite fun the many different ways you can kill people. And the agro mechanic on guards is much better than it was in the first game, same with blending once you get used to it. My main complaint though is that the combat is just so so easy, maybe there was a a difficulty option I missed, or the later assassination missions will get harder, but having combat be so easy undermines a lot of the secondary aspects like stealth or upgrading your gear etc.
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 22 Nov 2009, 13:40

You start to get beaten around a bit when you have the heavy weapons / armour guy belting you on you with a about 5 other guys attacking!

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 23 Nov 2009, 10:04

I'm suffering from the "bleeding effect"

keep seeing things to climb and have the urge to jump on things :P

jk

Cool game though!!