Left 4 Dead 2 Banned in Australia.

As much as we hate to admit it, we don't all play MMO's 24/7...

Moderators: Kashak, Spyder, Secro

Fellhahn
Warchief
Warchief

Left 4 Dead 2 Banned in Australia.

Post by Fellhahn » 19 Sep 2009, 22:24

Woot Woot! Gogo Attorney General's office/Ratings board. Protect those children! Cripple that revenue! Foster that resentment of christian values! We all know you're not actually helping anybody, but the important thing is you think you are. So good for you.

mishnut
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Banned in Australia.

Post by mishnut » 20 Sep 2009, 22:10

steam
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 377 character limit

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 21 Sep 2009, 17:20

same happen to fallout etc, they just modify and then resubmit and it passes and all the little boys and girls are happy.

i think anyway

PEACE
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Fellhahn
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Fellhahn » 23 Sep 2009, 12:19

Secro wrote:same happen to fallout etc, they just modify and then resubmit and it passes and all the little boys and girls are happy.

i think anyway

PEACE
Yeah Fallout was banned for drug references, which could be removed without really affecting the game. With L4D2 it's "excessive violence against humans infected with a Rabies like virus". That's pretty much the whole game.

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post by Spoticus » 23 Sep 2009, 18:42

Good thing that the excessive violence against humans mutated by high levels of radiation wasnt an issue in fallout ;)

That or the other 1000 zombie games ever made. Honestly in Dead Rising you can stab a zombie in the face with a shower head and blood spurts out the shower, and the zombies in that are the infected rather than the undead type too.

Plus of course the endless games with realistic violence against humans not zombies ;)
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Secro » 24 Sep 2009, 08:42

lol that is hilarious with the shower head.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post by Dankyn » 24 Nov 2009, 17:03

anyone playing this?~~
Bought it today installing it now
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
SC2 NA server = swissfeta 143
BA = pert11

mishnut
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post by mishnut » 24 Nov 2009, 19:25

yeh got a friend in nz to gift it to me(so its the proper version), its quite fun, like the 1st with more bells and whistles. don't know bout the censored version though
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 377 character limit

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post by Rockitt » 24 Nov 2009, 19:58

Unfortunately, I bought the censored version. Thankfully, my mates and I edited the appid.txt and steam.inf files and changed 550 to 510 which enables gore. You need to launch the game using the executable instead of the Steam shortcut. It borks achievements but the game is so much better. I don't need the gore as much as corpses that don't despawn half a second after you kill them. That's the most annoying part. Maybe one day Valve will release an improved version for Australia but I'm not holding my breath.

The game itself is awesome fun and I doubt I'll ever play the original again as #2 is superior is many ways.
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post by Dankyn » 25 Nov 2009, 17:45

Rockitt wrote:Unfortunately, I bought the censored version. Thankfully, my mates and I edited the appid.txt and steam.inf files and changed 550 to 510 which enables gore. You need to launch the game using the executable instead of the Steam shortcut. It borks achievements but the game is so much better. I don't need the gore as much as corpses that don't despawn half a second after you kill them. That's the most annoying part. Maybe one day Valve will release an improved version for Australia but I'm not holding my breath.

The game itself is awesome fun and I doubt I'll ever play the original again as #2 is superior is many ways.

Yeah i've been playing the censored version and i must admit the dissappearing bodies are stupid. I might ask my good friend google about how to do this change >_>
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
BA = pert11

Dankyn
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post by Dankyn » 28 Nov 2009, 03:59

Playing online in some versus(?) mode and shit was pretty cash. Playing as infected is awesome, charging people and spitting is v fun. When i was playing as survivors my char bugged out twice after being charged - it bugs and you can't move after you get charged. really F~ing annoying
WoW = dankyn
steam id = pert
BA = pert11

mishnut
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post by mishnut » 28 Nov 2009, 10:33

Dankyn wrote:Playing online in some versus(?) mode and shit was pretty cash. Playing as infected is awesome, charging people and spitting is v fun. When i was playing as survivors my char bugged out twice after being charged - it bugs and you can't move after you get charged. really F~ing annoying
get an infected guy to jockey or charge you off happened to me,, gotta ask nicely though
Signature: