Netflix - US VPN NEEDED

Got a question to ask of a technical nature? Want to show off your new PC specs? This forum is open to all users of the SC forums.
Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Netflix - US VPN NEEDED

Post#1 » 19 Oct 2010, 10:21

Hey peops,

Just had a little wander through the info about Netflix - and it basically seems we can get it here in Australia as long as you connect to a US VPN (so the IP address matches up correctly).

Anyone know a free / cheap US VPN that they have used for similar reasons? I'd like to try the free trial of Netflix see ifs its worth while signing up all proper like :)

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Netflix - US VPN NEEDED

Post#2 » 19 Oct 2010, 11:49

Free ones are all limited amount of bandwidth, or time connected.

You should be able to find a good cheap one.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#3 » 19 Oct 2010, 12:31

Secro wrote:Free ones are all limited amount of bandwidth, or time connected.

You should be able to find a good cheap one.

any recommendations?

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » 19 Oct 2010, 12:46

Nope :P

I've only used a few free ones awhile ago to play dragon age early lol
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#5 » 20 Oct 2010, 08:05

LOL this post just came up in google when I was looking for some more info.. Win :P

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#6 » 25 Oct 2010, 10:18

Fitz wrote:Hey peops,

Just had a little wander through the info about Netflix - and it basically seems we can get it here in Australia as long as you connect to a US VPN (so the IP address matches up correctly).

Anyone know a free / cheap US VPN that they have used for similar reasons? I'd like to try the free trial of Netflix see ifs its worth while signing up all proper like :)

I use AlwaysVPN for all my Aussies Get Ripped Off On Steam needs (AGROS... decent acronym, should make it my Steam name) .

Easy to use and they will give you a few hundred meg to trial it to see if Netflix blocks it (you have to send em an email with your username after you register I think). The only issue you will have is that they charge per gig (its not much but I bet ud rip thru it with movies).
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#7 » 26 Oct 2010, 07:46

Kashak wrote:I use AlwaysVPN for all my Aussies Get Ripped Off On Steam needs (AGROS... decent acronym, should make it my Steam name) .

Easy to use and they will give you a few hundred meg to trial it to see if Netflix blocks it (you have to send em an email with your username after you register I think). The only issue you will have is that they charge per gig (its not much but I bet ud rip thru it with movies).

Eep - you need to pay for bandwidth rather than a set monthly fee? Thats just harsh..might look elsewhere..

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#8 » 26 Oct 2010, 11:44

well for my purposes its fine. Predownload on aussie broadband. Unlock on US.

People steaming netflix/hulu is probably why most seem to have DL limits :)
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.