Windows 7 help

Got a question to ask of a technical nature? Want to show off your new PC specs? This forum is open to all users of the SC forums.
Scarixi
The Patient
The Patient

Windows 7 help

Post#1 » 30 May 2010, 01:16

Just looking for some advice. Just got around to upgrading my Win7 x64 RC to an OEM copy of Professional. Having troubles running the driver CD for the Asus P6T mobo.

Can't really find much on the net, PC seems to be running fine but it concerns me that I haven't personally installed the drivers. The CD justs revs up and down in the drive but cannot actually read the CD at all. Device Manager doesn't show any conflicts, so is it pretty safe to just ignore it?

Might also add that the drivers installed no problems on the RC, just issues with the OEM.

Cheers for any info.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 help

Post#2 » 30 May 2010, 12:04

The CD launcher / set up isn't compatible with 64 bit windows 7, you can go to device manager and click on the devices which have a "!" icon on them, and point the driver install towards the CD.
ASUS website should have all drivers as well.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Scarixi
The Patient
The Patient

Re: Windows 7 help

Post#3 » 30 May 2010, 12:16

Funny thing was that I checked the device manager and it wasn't showing any "!" icons.

Strange thing was I decided to give the CD one more go before going to bed and it worked, no idea what I did haha.