macbook

Got a question to ask of a technical nature? Want to show off your new PC specs? This forum is open to all users of the SC forums.
Demandread
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

macbook

Post#1 » 12 Oct 2009, 07:25

I put wow on my macbook, but it runs a little choppy, any idea if it would better if i put boot camp with win 7 on?

its a new 15" macbook pro.

Sharez_Jek
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Re: macbook

Post#2 » 12 Oct 2009, 20:10

I installed WoW in OSX on my Mac Pro and also in Boot Camped Windows.
It ran a lot better in Windows.
So I would go the same path if i were you.
I Am Drunk of Borg - Resistance Is Floor Tile!!

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#3 » 22 Dec 2009, 15:14

what ghz is your CPU on your macbook deman?
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Demandread
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#4 » 23 Dec 2009, 09:18

Ended up putting Win 7 on bootcamp, had to search around to make sure all the drivers work but finally got everything sorted and wow runs fine. Biggest issue is heat.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#5 » 23 Dec 2009, 10:21

Yeah, was playing with my GF's macbook pro in windows, any game at all kicks the heat up a lot. The thing actually gets really damn hot.

Trying to decide what to do for my next upgrade. Macbook pro 17inch, waiting for next line of MBP, or just getting a current high end laptop for around 2.5-2.6K.
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#6 » 31 Dec 2009, 11:27

So WoW has been screwing around with their renderer which which is making it run like poo on OS X. Check out http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 1&pageNo=1 has instructions for how to go back to the OMG SWEET renderer (was pulling 40+ FPS in Dalaran last night on my year old MB running at 1920x1080 on an external monitor) also links to a fan speed app which will get you running nice and cool.

simonsmp
The Lightbringer
The Lightbringer

Post#7 » 06 Jan 2010, 01:38

Secro wrote:Yeah, was playing with my GF's macbook pro in windows, any game at all kicks the heat up a lot. The thing actually gets really damn hot.

Trying to decide what to do for my next upgrade. Macbook pro 17inch, waiting for next line of MBP, or just getting a current high end laptop for around 2.5-2.6K.

You have a GF?

....... that's hot.
Add me on Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/Simonsmp/
Simonsmp for Prime Minister
DPS Paladin!