Auto Assault

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#16 » 08 Apr 2006, 16:58

I've done a ton of raiding in WoW and my experiences were this - skilled experienced players don't need to communicate at all, but when learning encounters or adjusting strategy mid encounter voice comms make life a lot easier.

But yes mandatory voice communication is always an issue, sometimes you just don't feel like plugging in the headset and mic, and you just want to have your music up loud.

I'll go back into my cave now :p
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#17 » 08 Apr 2006, 17:22

Waaaah.. I WANT A CAVE TOO!! :(

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#18 » 08 Apr 2006, 17:23

yeah generally speaking voice comms = no music :(
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#19 » 08 Apr 2006, 18:39

I take back the podcast bit, I was just tired and cranky this morning. I get disheartened when I dont get instant feedback when I do them, but I need to realise 40 megs of me talking shit isn't on the 'must download right now' list of many of yas ;)

And the voice comms thing is a well-known issue of mine, so I dont know why I had to point it out again.

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#20 » 08 Apr 2006, 19:37

Chrien, what are you playing now mate ?

Spyder
Elemental Lord
Elemental Lord

Post#21 » 08 Apr 2006, 22:53

Noose wrote:I take back the podcast bit, I was just tired and cranky this morning. I get disheartened when I dont get instant feedback when I do them, but I need to realise 40 megs of me talking shit isn't on the 'must download right now' list of many of yas ;)
oh it downloaded pretty much straight away in my iTunes, but I haven't had much chance to listen to any podcasts at all since you released it ;)
Spyder - Pally Healer, WoW Blackrock (retired lv70)

Chrien
Herald of the Titans
Herald of the Titans

Post#22 » 08 Apr 2006, 23:04

Thebigman wrote:Chrien, what are you playing now mate ?

I dabbled in CoV in Janurary but stopped playing that after about a month (game lacks any real depth) and reactivated my WoW account, but I barely play it. I don't have the desire to raid anymore and PvP is pretty boring. I log in like once a week for an hour, find nothing to do and then log out :p

I think I'm done on MMOs until Warhammer comes out, WoW is really the best thing around at the moment and its boring.
Chrien
"You've gotta make decisions, you've gotta keep making decisions, even if they're wrong decisions. If you don't make decisions you're stuffed" - Joe Simpson
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
Current Character: Khrien - Druid - Horde Khaz-goroth