Bloody Eve..

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

User avatar
Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Posts: 3849

Post#31 » 19 Jun 2006, 13:44

Mauran wrote:I've finally paided up for eve-online. :shock:

Putting around in 0.7 minmatar space mining stuff flatout, building up ISK for when I gear up to try out ratting.

Look me up if ur bored, main char is Chojar. :)


I lost 2 ships on the weekend, damned dirty NPCs :( oh wait shhh I'm not playing Eve.. yeah that's right :P

User avatar
Mauran
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire
Posts: 401
Contact:

Post#32 » 19 Jun 2006, 13:53

Dayton wrote:Ahhh come back to wow.

WoW > Eve


Bleh, WoW leaves me angry and confused. :evil:

Think I'll hang about in eve mining and doing some study. it seems to mix a bit better (in 1.0 ~ 0.7 space anyway) :wink:
>> This space for rent <<

User avatar
Mauran
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire
Posts: 401
Contact:

Post#33 » 19 Jun 2006, 14:07

Nazz wrote:
Mauran wrote:I've finally paided up for eve-online. :shock:

Putting around in 0.7 minmatar space mining stuff flatout, building up ISK for when I gear up to try out ratting.

Look me up if ur bored, main char is Chojar. :)


I lost 2 ships on the weekend, damned dirty NPCs :( oh wait shhh I'm not playing Eve.. yeah that's right :P


hah. you just start or been at it for a while (hiding your addiction) :wink:
>> This space for rent <<

User avatar
Dayton
Warchief
Warchief
Posts: 2085
Contact:

Post#34 » 19 Jun 2006, 14:17

Ive actually read this whole thread now (bored at work and extremely tired cause of the soccer last night) and it seems like the kinda game id REALLY like.

I have no time though. :(
8/8 Might 8/8 Wrath

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome
Posts: 574

Post#35 » 20 Jun 2006, 12:29

Eve is certainly on my list of MMOGs to play. I'll get there one day.

Rob
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

User avatar
Sharez_Jek
Dreadlord
Dreadlord
Posts: 956
Contact:

Post#36 » 20 Jun 2006, 13:07

Yeah Eve is quite good, and different.

Although, it has the dubious distinction of being the only game
I have ever played that I have almost fallen asleep during gameplay. :D

Hmmm tempted to give it another go.
I Am Drunk of Borg - Resistance Is Floor Tile!!

User avatar
Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Posts: 3849

Post#37 » 20 Jun 2006, 13:14

Rockitt wrote:Eve is certainly on my list of MMOGs to play. I'll get there one day.

Rob


They've had a free trial going for a while.

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome
Posts: 574

Post#38 » 20 Jun 2006, 16:32

Yeah, I know. I'm currently ensconced playing DDO with mates. I have a terrible track record attempting to play more than one MMOG simultaneously.

I struggle splitting my time between one MMOG and a single player game, let alone two MMOGs. :(

I will get into Eve eventually. This DDO phase will probably last only a couple months. And I'm a tart for jumping from MMOG to MMOG. :)

Rob
Last edited by Rockitt on 20 Jun 2006, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

User avatar
Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief
Posts: 2165
Contact:

Post#39 » 20 Jun 2006, 20:49

I cant play 2 MMOs either, I find myself playing one entirely and neglecting the other, I have tried a lot of times but it always ends the same. Single player games though, I can mix and match a lot.
Image
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Rockitt
Mechagnome
Mechagnome
Posts: 574

Post#40 » 21 Jun 2006, 15:16

Nazz, do you play with a corp? I've a couple mates who played for a few months and they told me you need a corp to get far.

Cheers
Rob
More alts than you can beat with dual wielded Thrash Blades.

User avatar
Nazz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Posts: 3849

Post#41 » 21 Jun 2006, 15:30

Rockitt wrote:Nazz, do you play with a corp? I've a couple mates who played for a few months and they told me you need a corp to get far.

Cheers
Rob


No I don't yet, I'm playing with a couple of guys from work but basically my plan is to get up to a decent level/setup and then join a large corp for fleet battles.

User avatar
Mauran
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire
Posts: 401
Contact:

Post#42 » 22 Jun 2006, 08:27

Nazz wrote:
Rockitt wrote:Nazz, do you play with a corp? I've a couple mates who played for a few months and they told me you need a corp to get far.

Cheers
Rob


No I don't yet, I'm playing with a couple of guys from work but basically my plan is to get up to a decent level/setup and then join a large corp for fleet battles.


Yeah. Takes a bit of time getting used to all the skill trees and items. :roll:

I'm hanging out in the ANZAC channel which seems to have the same faces every day and they advertise 3 corps that are loaded with people from our timezone. :wink:
>> This space for rent <<

User avatar
Monarche
Dreadlord
Dreadlord
Posts: 924

Post#43 » 22 Jun 2006, 13:29

Fleet battles are fun. Unless you get called primary target by the baddies, then they're over rather quickly. Bring insurance. :)

If you've got your eye on a corp - check out my old Corp - Eve Defence Force. They are big - lots to do, and are (or were, up till I had to take a little MMORPG ...holiday) very good. Part of the Ascentdant Fronteir alliance etc.

If I wasn't on a sabbatical, I'd still be playing EVE, for sure.
Image
Wokeye - GW2 & WAR | Monarche - EVE online & EQ2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Login  •  Register