Wildstar

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Maedhlyn
Epic!
Epic!

Wildstar

Post#1 » 19 Apr 2013, 20:23

Looks promising, action combat mmo. Being made by an american team so hopefully will be interesting.

Game looks very solid anyway, and they're doing beta testing now I think (at least you can sign up for it now).

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/#
Sig.

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Re: Wildstar

Post#2 » 19 Apr 2013, 21:19

Looks cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUbXJZPkd0

PAX footage by Total Biscuit, accompanied by developer (who sounds about 12)

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#3 » 22 Apr 2013, 16:21

There seemed to be a few before around that seemed excited about this one. But whenever I looked at it I didn't see too much as a standout. Having looked into it a bit now, seem like it will be worth checking out at least.

I guess when wow come out it didn't do anything radically different (apart from being less realistic visually) but offered a polished experience.

For PvP the war plots could be ok, As a guild you invest in your developing/customising your fort which you bring into an instance arena (I'm assuming this bit). Will have to see how that pans out. (the possibility of losing everything as something they want to balance yet). If you can bring 16 guilds into one instance, or say 2/3/4 way teams of guild events. Will need more info.

From a raiding/combat point of view it has the same free flow, always running type action as GW2, but some skills (especially caster) being rooted for some spells.
Healing could be interesting, with some hints that heals will have area of effects(telegraphs), same as combat with people having to move into the healing area to be healed. Not sure how tanking will go, yet another thing to watch out for. Will have to see how much direct healing there is.

No real info on crafting, sounds sub par however, not to SWG level :(. No vendor plot to add to your housing instance for sell your goods.

- Looks so much like wow (and not just visuals)
- Has a limited action bar, similar active skill count as GW2 but involves choosing effective combos out of 30 odd skills. One would assume limits on switching out skills. Didn't Secret World do this too ?
- Housing is ok, will other thing as a collect and build up like character
- They have stated that no matter the final business model, any cash shop items should be obtainable though in game methods. (ha)

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#4 » 14 Jun 2013, 13:49

Hmm biggest "leak" seen for while.

Although I see claims this was harvested from a public patch.exe (OCAU)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ZLVE#gid=4

Mentions the unknown classes (not new) but does go into detail of the Engineer and Medic skills (gives idea of what they are)

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#5 » 03 Aug 2013, 12:34

A little late to the party (sort of) but this game does look pretty damn good!

Any one have a beta invite and can tell more ?

Maedhlyn
Epic!
Epic!

Post#6 » 05 Aug 2013, 18:48

Nope, don't know anyone that has one yet QQ
Sig.

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#7 » 10 Aug 2013, 10:55

Seems they are shutting the beta fora while.

Doing a major rewrite on a few system so I guess it makes sense that players are not testing major things that are getting an overhaul.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/ ... e_beta.php

The mob sharing still has some interesting consequences about it.

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#8 » 01 Sep 2013, 17:14

Ill be checking this one out for sure and same goes for Krokz. The small arena pvp matches have piqued my interest.
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#9 » 16 Dec 2013, 07:53

Is anyone interested in checking this out?

They are giving out friends keys left right and centre, I maybe have one without a home this week.

Shortlist
----------------
Beothel - Sent in PM
Fitz - Sent in PM
Last edited by Usambara on 15 Jan 2014, 11:46, edited 3 times in total.

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#10 » 16 Dec 2013, 08:29

Been following this one pretty closely, so very keen for it. Saewyn too, she's having headaches trying to pick which class to play, haha. Seems like all my new mates in Melbourne are more keen on Elder Scrolls though.

Apparently NCSoft took over the beta applicant process from Carbine at some point, and in doing so a lot of people found themselves no longer signed up for the beta. If you applied for the Beta a long time ago, it's worth checking that you're still signed up.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#11 » 16 Dec 2013, 10:59

its not necessary, anyone who has ever applied is still counted.

The account of mine that got in was a email that I only every did several years back on old signup page.
I did fill out the Winter Beta survey for it though (which I assume was a test of active applications).

The one that did have an NCSoft account linked doesn't seem to get any emails like this one that got in.

If my friend key does show up this week, whoever ends up with it should be able to login this weekend (or the next) (If you do, you then should get a key in January to give away (with a random chance of a 2nd key).

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#12 » 17 Dec 2013, 13:45

Oh ok, that's good. I signed up with a second email account anyway, heh. Stress test keys are going out today, had no luck with those either unfortunately.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#13 » 23 Dec 2013, 19:52

Ill take a spare if anyone gets one :)

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#14 » 15 Jan 2014, 07:27

It looks like I received another Beta invite to the same email.. *shrug*, potentially 3 keys, dunno.
Dunno if this is on top of the Friend invites

Will send one off to Fitz.

varoksa
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#15 » 01 Feb 2014, 16:53

im running an aus/nz wildstar guild if anyones interested add me on steam under varoksa or ingame under varok
varkosas ~EVE nub

Return to “Other MMO's Discussion”