SW:ToR update and SC (update)

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

SW:ToR update and SC (update)

Post#1 » 03 Apr 2013, 15:50

Hi all, so EA/Bioware has made the decision to close the APAC servers and force a server merge to the US West Coast servers. As it stands this is how the servers will merge;

• Dalbora (PvE) to The Harbinger (PvE)
• Master Dar’Nala (PvP) to The Bastion (PvP)
• Gav Daragon (RP PvE) to Begeren Colony (RP PvE)

Our original launch server that was The Swiftsure was merged to The Bastion in July last year, some of you probably still have characters in the original guild, as for its state on The Bastion I am not too sure as my two characters were transferred out when the APAC transfers happened in March last year.
The devs came out last week and said if players voluntarily move when it’s offered it will be possible to move across servers but if this isn’t done prior to the server shutdown your characters will move based on the above server merge plan (PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE and RP-PvE to RP-PvE).
I will post when this available.

I won't be moving the guild when the merge happens so this is farewell from me as the GM.

I am still playing the game and have an active subscription but haven’t been active on Master Dar’Nala where the guild is sitting at the moment, instead have been playing on The Harbinger as Republic. As I have spent Cartel Coins on unlocks I will be staying here and also moving my Sith toons from <SC> to benefit from the unlocks and legacy perks.
If you are on The Harbinger please add the following names (Wastegate-sith), (Wastey-republic), (Wildefyre-republic) (Kistle-republic), (Krytok-republic) and (Solariss-sith).

I'm really disappointed that the guild fizzled out so soon and couldn't see it past 6mths of launch. The APAC server debacle didn't help.

Probably see you in Elder Scrolls Online.

Take care

Wastey :cry:
Last edited by WasteGate on 10 Apr 2013, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Sorceron
Grunt

Re: SW:ToR update and SC 2.0

Post#2 » 04 Apr 2013, 07:13

I would play SWTOR again if they fixed world pvp. I have occasionally gone back and played a few of my chars, but world pve is so mind numbingly boring and there are never enough players to do other stuff, I just give up.

I have both Reb and Imp, but couldn't see myself on a pve server.

The game mechanics are fine, its just that there is almost no world interaction between sides, which is needed for decent world pvp. One can only play huttball so many times before wanting to pluck one's eyes out of one's head!

I'll keep watching, but Guild Wars 2 pvp is much better.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#3 » 04 Apr 2013, 09:46

Sorceron wrote:

I'll keep watching, but Guild Wars 2 pvp is much better.

Yeesh, thats a scary low then...or have they finally fixed GW2PVP to actually be more than thieves 2 shotting people and mass zergs trading keeps?

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#4 » 04 Apr 2013, 10:04

Il be sticking with Bastion, looking forward to all my other chars being xferred over.

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#5 » 04 Apr 2013, 10:48

I thought the TORtanic was by now well and trully sunk, laying in its deep abyss like grave. All it's subscribers either safely away on life boats or dead after suffering from serve shock and disappointment...

:mrgreen:
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#6 » 04 Apr 2013, 13:43

Sorceron wrote:I would play SWTOR again if they fixed world pvp. I have occasionally gone back and played a few of my chars, but world pve is so mind numbingly boring and there are never enough players to do other stuff, I just give up.

I have both Reb and Imp, but couldn't see myself on a pve server.

The games world PvP never really held up to what world PvP is really all about. Disappointing I know. If you read the PvP server forums, they concede that the only world PvP they see is while leveling, or when on Ilum for the new Gree event. I would be as bold to say it doesn't exist and never really will. Warzones (they will enable cross server I'm positive) and improvements on Ilum is the limit of PvP the game will see.
It's a PvE game with PvP.

Froste wrote:Il be sticking with Bastion, looking forward to all my other chars being xferred over.

My reason for moving to The Harbinger is mainly about playing on a populated server, and with this server merge from what I have read 3/4 of the APAC PvP and PvE guilds are moving to this server. This will give greater APAC warzone pops and a better PvP community.
Long thread here on our current server - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616525

ashvar wrote:I thought the TORtanic was by now well and trully sunk, laying in its deep abyss like grave. All it's subscribers either safely away on life boats or dead after suffering from serve shock and disappointment...

:mrgreen:

Ashvar's comment while tongue in cheek, really has made me think more and as sad as it is, maybe I let <SC> die in ToR and get involved in a casual guild like The Older Gamers, and rejoin SC when ESO gets up. I guess that's the next 3mth MMO for us.
Hard for me to play without 'Southern Cross' in my title but the reality is I don't think many here are interested in playing anymore. :cry:

I got excited today with the new Legacy Achievements coming in 2.0 - http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-upd ... hievements

Keep posting please, interested to hear your thoughts.

-Wastey

<World of Tanks 2011-
<TESO 2014-2014>

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#7 » 04 Apr 2013, 13:46

Resubbed last month and have been playing on Bastion. The guild is still there but is nameless for some reason, I'll play the expansion to level cap and move on no doubt.

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#8 » 04 Apr 2013, 14:10

Forath wrote:The guild is still there but is nameless for some reason..

Think it happened when I transferred out because I was GM. Does it say who the current GM is?

Weird thing is I went and created a new character named Wastegate and it picked up my old legacy and asked me to rename it. Still had legacy lvl 11 too :?

<World of Tanks 2011-
<TESO 2014-2014>

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#9 » 04 Apr 2013, 15:03

Apparently I'm the GM.

Much deserved too imo :D

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#10 » 04 Apr 2013, 15:21

Forath wrote:Apparently I'm the GM.

Much deserved too imo :D

:P They made it in the 1.7 patch that someone ina guild who logs on and the GM hadn't for some time then they became GM.
But there is no guild name? I'll log on tonight and maybe if your on throw me a ginvite. I have a toon on The Bastion as a placeholder for my name.

Wastey :D

<World of Tanks 2011-
<TESO 2014-2014>

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Re: SW:ToR update and SC (update)

Post#11 » 10 Apr 2013, 11:46

My original post is below for prosperity and I have updated the original.

After consideration I'm not going to continue with <SC> in SW:ToR :cry:
I have joined as a casual player in The Older Gamers <TOG> guild, when server transfers happen I will move my characters to The Harbinger. There is a good PvP guild for Sith on The Harbinger call "The Squirtle Squad" and will apply with Wastegate in that guild.

I would rather focus my time for Southern Cross in getting a better website launched prior to The Elder Scrolls Online, which I had a stab at last year and would like to continue.

Good luck

WasteGate wrote:Hi all, so EA/Bioware has made the decision to close the APAC servers and force a server merge to the US West Coast servers. As it stands this is how the servers will merge;

• Dalbora (PvE) to The Harbinger (PvE)
• Master Dar’Nala (PvP) to The Bastion (PvP)
• Gav Daragon (RP PvE) to Begeren Colony (RP PvE)

Our original launch server that was The Swiftsure was merged to The Bastion in July last year, some of you probably still have characters in the original guild, as for its state on The Bastion I am not too sure as my two characters were transferred out when the APAC transfers happened in March last year.

I have no idea if anyone who was playing is planning to come back, but I am looking to rebuild the guild with the goal for it to be a small guild of players that want to get through some content (PvE), I’m not ruling out doing PvP either. With the reading of threads on the forums and what others guilds are looking to do it appears that even other Master Dar’Nala (PvP) guilds are looking to make their home on The Harbinger (PvE) and for this server to be the default APAC server. A recent PvP event on the 2.0 PTS (Rise of the Hutt Cartel, the xpac launching next week) had organised PvP guilds from The Harbinger (PvE) versus The Bastion (PvP) with the PvE server guys winning 3-2. There is PvP guilds and good players on that server doing pre-mades and ranked warzones. Down the track I’m positive there will be cross server PvP warzones, the devs are still talking about PvP seasons. Yes I know it’s still not in game…

So I’m planning to move Southern Cross to The Harbinger (PvE) if no one has objections.

Also there will be a Republic AND Imperial guild, depending on interest one will be the primary doing Flashpoints, Ops and warzones. I know there were members with Lvl 50 Republic characters on the current APAC server so I’m open as which side we use. Part of the previous issue when we moved in March last year was we had players already levelling characters. Most guilds I have looked in to offer both sides as an option.

There is a lot of discussion going on forums about APAC players rage quitting, partition signing and huge organised server events to show EA/Bioware that they are making a huge mistake. It’s all wasted energy IMHO. Regardless of what’s happening I still love playing the game even with all its faults, same reason I was the last man standing in SWG, IT’S STAR WARS!!!

I am still playing the game and have an active subscription but haven’t been active on Master Dar’Nala where the guild is sitting at the moment, instead have been playing on The Harbinger as Republic.

The devs came out last week and said if players voluntarily move when it’s offered it will be possible to move across servers but if this isn’t done prior to the server shutdown your characters will move based on the above server merge plan (PvP to PvP, PvE to PvE and RP-PvE to RP-PvE).
I will post when this available.

With free-to-play now being offered everyone in the guild would be classed as a ‘Preferred Subscriber’ and you have access to 3 weekly Flashpoints and 5 weekly Warzones, can’t access Operations. Not great but you still get to play for shits and giggles. You can use Cartel Coins to unlock account wide features (such as access to guild bank or reopen your 3rd crafting ability), more here. It works out better to have a subscription and you are given coins monthly with an active sub.

Please post some feedback in the thread, would like to hear what your thoughts are. Ideally I want to be playing with the Southern Cross title :wink: but if this is all too hard I will find another guild to play in, not the option I want to pursue though :cry:

Regards,
-Wastey :D

<World of Tanks 2011-
<TESO 2014-2014>

Return to “Other MMO's Discussion”