Defiance

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Defiance

Post#1 » 15 Mar 2013, 11:45

New mmo coming from Trion, due for release April sometime. Fps style combat blah blah blah, anyone interested in giving it a spin? Considering the developer I'm not expecting a cutting edge ground breaking mmo, but it looks to be a solid effort with a few unique tweaks. Perhaps something to do while we wait for ESO? I need something to throw away some hours on :p

Btw how are we all? Miss you guyz
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Defiance

Post#2 » 15 Mar 2013, 13:35

I'M GREAT THANKS :D
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#3 » 16 Mar 2013, 01:03

The fact that its being made for xbox and ps3 makes me suspicious, could be a bit simplified

ill maybe wait untill i see what you guys think, but yeaaah

also hi ashvar, i love you <3

Fandin
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#4 » 16 Mar 2013, 21:03

Hi ashvar, you touched me and it hurt. I dont want to play with you anymore. xoxo gossipgurl

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#5 » 16 Mar 2013, 23:04

Fandin wrote:Hi ashvar, you touched me and it hurt. I dont want to play with you anymore. xoxo gossipgurl

nobody cares
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

Fandin
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#6 » 17 Mar 2013, 13:17

ashvar wrote:
Fandin wrote:Hi ashvar, you touched me and it hurt. I dont want to play with you anymore. xoxo gossipgurl

nobody cares

:(

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#7 » 17 Mar 2013, 23:27

Eh ill give anything a go...and I mean anything...

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#8 » 18 Mar 2013, 08:02

Interesting...seems its linked to a new tv show on Syfy, the show doesnt look to bad..still looking at the game ..

BTW, if you want ingame goodies, go to http://www.defiance.com/en/game/ log into your trion account and start entering the ARKFALL codes

Which can be found on http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes

Give you +1s to various things, more inventory space and titles, with more to come....

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#9 » 18 Mar 2013, 11:40

Fitz wrote:Eh ill give anything a go...and I mean anything...

Hmm I'll hold you to that Fitz...
Btw cheers for the links, I didn't know about the syfy series linked to the game, wonder if that means the game mite have a decent story line to it?
He answered succinctly:

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#10 » 18 Mar 2013, 13:50

Secro wrote:I'M GREAT THANKS :D

Unlike Secro I care, so how are you?

I miss SC too and am bitterly disappointed that the gaming industry has not given us anything to play for 3 months and leave.

Except for SW:ToR. I'm on The Harbinger.

I just want an MMO that has no levels, skill and gear grinding is where it's at and I want the option to be able to buy it too. :P

-Wastey
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#11 » 18 Mar 2013, 15:04

I'm good thanks! Busy with work and cars, also started a chemical engineering course which is proving to be highly entertaining.
Know what you mean about mmos... Miss the SC gang too. I went back to GW2 again for a little while but I hated the WvW, runing around in a cluster holding hands waiting for a superior force to put two and two together and realize all they have to do is drop an AoE bomb on our heads to wipe us. The subtlety is gone no more stretching out your enemy, baiting them, splitting them and picking them off as you use terrain and positioning to your advantage. It's a great game but atm clusterfuck vs clusterfuck is where it's all at.

I updated swtor and have jumped on a few times but have not caught u online wastey, what times you usually play?
He answered succinctly:

Fandin
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#12 » 19 Mar 2013, 20:41

Has anyone bought it through steam?

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#13 » 20 Mar 2013, 07:46

Planning to, just waiting on payday...you having issues?

Fandin
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#14 » 20 Mar 2013, 08:09

Yeah from what i'm reading i was meant to get a code to link my trion account and steam game, but i'm reading now that it probably will be sent for the beta event this weekend.

Silurin
Mechagnome
Mechagnome

Post#15 » 23 Mar 2013, 08:37

WasteGate wrote:I just want an MMO that has no levels, skill and gear grinding is where it's at and I want the option to be able to buy it too. :P

-Wastey

it's called The Secret World wastey
LOTRO - Elendilmir : The Secret World : Guild Wars 2 - IoJ : WoW - Dath'Remar : DDO - Khyber : AoC - Bloodspire : WAR - Ironclaw
Silyth - Lvl 85 Warden : Silurin Maelhach - Lvl 70 Champion : Falyme - Chaos/AR : Falyme - Warrior : Falyme - Lvl 70 Undead Rogue : Rajeal - Lvl 9 Bard / 2 Rogue : Dralion - Lvl 74 Tempest of Set : Skelm - Lvl 28 Disciple of Khaine