Defiance

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: Defiance

Post#31 » 08 Apr 2013, 14:26

Hey Fitz you still playing defiance? My account and char name are Ashvar. Atm runing around with a stealth and shotgun build. Love it.
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#32 » 09 Apr 2013, 10:33

ashvar wrote:Hey Fitz you still playing defiance? My account and char name are Ashvar. Atm runing around with a stealth and shotgun build. Love it.

Heh well we grouped last night so this response is kinda superfluous...

But yeh, I'm going strong, running overload shotgun with explosive rounds PVE atm, in the couple of pvp matches we played seemed average, tho i might need to be a sheep and go stealth / repeater shotgun judging by how much i got wasted..

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#33 » 09 Apr 2013, 11:10

Yeah the smaller competitive pvp maps can be very cluster-fucky. I tried runing around with an overload build when I just started and I could barely do better than 1-1 kdr. Too many stealthies waiting for you to blip on their map and quickly jump you. It mite be a little better if you are roving with a partner or group. Wiggle was saying the bigger conquest style maps are much more rifle/LMG friendly with open fields and not so much close quarter combat.
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#34 » 10 Apr 2013, 08:47

ashvar wrote:Yeah the smaller competitive pvp maps can be very cluster-fucky. I tried runing around with an overload build when I just started and I could barely do better than 1-1 kdr. Too many stealthies waiting for you to blip on their map and quickly jump you. It mite be a little better if you are roving with a partner or group. Wiggle was saying the bigger conquest style maps are much more rifle/LMG friendly with open fields and not so much close quarter combat.

Yeh Shadow War is supposedly much more ranged friendly - although ive gone back to my initial spec of Blur / high dps shotgun , and its working better..slam them with 1-2 shots of buckshot and then melee while blurred and they usually drop...specially since melee while blur = no shields for you :D

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#35 » 17 Apr 2013, 07:36

Episode 1 of Defiance premiered on Syfy couple of nights ago, and is now available....elsewhere...for those poor people.

Must say I was quite impressed for a pilot. Some characters were cool, some not so good. Some of the CG needed a bit of work, but overall, quite good.

And what I thought Indogene's were going to be like (cold, boring etc) from the game , the Doctor in Defiance is not. which was awesome..

Now if they can only bring in the Castithan flick daggers from the TV show into the game, I'd be a happy little Blur using meleer :D

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#36 » 17 Apr 2013, 21:13

yeah those daggers were pretty awesome looking. Also agree with you on the episode, despite a few things that could be improved it was better than I expected. If the show picks up traction and lasts for more than a season it could really develop into something as the budget restraints come off.
He answered succinctly:

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#37 » 19 Apr 2013, 02:40

got my net, will be on tommorow (friday) night, if whoever reserved Mooney could delete that at some point before like 8 - 10 pm EST that would be great

iv heard this game is bad, its going to be great :D

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#38 » 19 Apr 2013, 11:05

Mooney wrote:got my net, will be on tommorow (friday) night, if whoever reserved Mooney could delete that at some point before like 8 - 10 pm EST that would be great

iv heard this game is bad, its going to be great :D

PM'd you :D

shaddowofadream
The Patient
The Patient

Post#39 » 19 Apr 2013, 19:55

*cough* guess who is back...

Also it turns out I started working with Crocs today (random!!!)

Saw him watching some previews of Defiance, grabbing it now, is there diff servers/factions or?

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#40 » 22 Apr 2013, 13:38

shaddowofadream wrote:*cough* guess who is back...

Also it turns out I started working with Crocs today (random!!!)

Saw him watching some previews of Defiance, grabbing it now, is there diff servers/factions or?

There is no excuse to wear Crocs. You are a disgrace.

On more OT news, nope single server (platform specific so if you are ghey and buy console you can suck it) if you get PC its 1 in all in for US server. Char choice really doesnt matter (just gives you a starting weapon and armor). Thats about it. Point and shoot stuff.

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#41 » 23 Apr 2013, 16:23

Well harro shadow!! Good to hear from you. Join us in defiance, it's not really serious game presence we have, just a few of us teaming up when online and shooting shit up. The pvp is fast, hectic and fun... and sometimes frustrating until you get the hang of it. Very run and gun style.
He answered succinctly:

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#42 » 24 Apr 2013, 07:45

ashvar wrote:Well harro shadow!! Good to hear from you. Join us in defiance, it's not really serious game presence we have, just a few of us teaming up when online and shooting shit up. The pvp is fast, hectic and fun... and sometimes frustrating until you get the hang of it. Very run and gun style.

Yeh got into ShadowWars last night, its quite fun actually...im still shit, but at least im enjoying myself..there seems very little reason to level, i find i spend more time trying to complete my pursuits than actually doing much..

On a tangent Episode2 of the TV show is out...not as good as episode 1 imo, but still not bad. And now there is flaming red energy blades! /wantItInGame! And when Alek gets a hug from his mother in the bathing room I'm hazarding a guess the actor who plays him would have been struggling with a very pressing issue while filming :D

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#43 » 24 Apr 2013, 12:03

Lol!! I was thinking the same thing! Amazing self control from that actor, man if I had a mom like that I'd be hard pressed to not give her a good tap. Hmm hmm :D
He answered succinctly:

krokz
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#44 » 02 May 2013, 13:06

Hey guys just letting you know I'm playing defiance quite abit been grouping up with wiggle a lot and also Ashvar and Shadow. Would really like to get more and see more of the guild playing the game with us so we can group and clutch the smaller PvP battle even shadow wars.

I've only had the game 2weeks and really enjoying the gameplay but most of all the PvP and lvling aspect of the game.

I made a short PvP trailer on my YouTube channel so would appreciate it if you took the time to like subscribe and view the video. You can either search Defiance PvP - Kr0kz or go to the link below.

http://youtu.be/VueTGZ4ASHo

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#45 » 03 May 2013, 00:23

Im so happy to see a fan made trailer of a game without "let the bodies hit the floor" as the music