Any old Southern Aurora Guildies from Lancelot DAoC around?

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

rodin
Grunt

Any old Southern Aurora Guildies from Lancelot DAoC around?

Post#1 » 22 Feb 2013, 15:32

Hi Guys

It's Kawdor from DAoC days, it's been awhile since I have posted or played any game that you guys are playing.

But I'm turning 50 this year and you tend to get nostalgic as you get older, so guess what I did, I reactivated my DAoC account (the original) last week, so 8 years later Kawdor is running around Camelot again, though a bit slower :D .

So if you feel a bit nostalgic, feel a need to kill Mids, Hibs and Albs (you can now play all three realms on one account), look up Kawdor on Ywain4 or lurk around the bushes at lot 488 in Ghorlas (just for you Noose :lol: ) if you see anybody entering or leaving give a yell as it's either myself or my wife.

Lets test the memory and see who I can remember.

Daz and Wife
Noose
Rob
Fig
Pete
Holly
A young guy who played an Armsman
The Roleplaying guild that visited.
The Yankee friar, Desertrose?
Sin

it's true the memory is the first to go.

cheers

Ross
Rodinia Sorcerer
Rodrin Magus
Kawdor Blackguard

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Any old Southern Aurora Guildies from Lancelot DAoC around?

Post#2 » 22 Feb 2013, 16:21

Good to see you around again Rod :)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

rodin
Grunt

Post#3 » 23 Feb 2013, 22:31

Hi mate

Been awhile, how are you?

cheers
R
Rodinia Sorcerer
Rodrin Magus
Kawdor Blackguard

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#4 » 24 Feb 2013, 09:43

I'm alright, just been playing GW2.

I remember that young armsman guy lol, he gave me some glowies!

http://citystateentertainment.com/camelotunchained/

Are DAOC players pumped for this? :D
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

rodin
Grunt

Post#5 » 25 Feb 2013, 09:46

Hi mate

I remember his name IronWheatbag, lots of others came back as well, then I looked at my friends list and remembered even more :D

Spent the weekend playing DAoC, mostly though all I did was relearn how to play as not all of my toons transferred across with their points, easy with Kawdor, 50DW, 50Slash and the rest in parry, not quite so easy for my Necro, Cleric etc.

Haven't seen much comment on it at all mate. Also I'm kinda over all these other games, Warhammer was supposed to be the next DAoC and it didn't quite work out. I think the next DAoC is going to be DAoC continued.

You enjoy GW2?

cheers

Ross
Rodinia Sorcerer
Rodrin Magus
Kawdor Blackguard

Spoticus
Warchief
Warchief

Post#6 » 07 Mar 2013, 21:54

Hi Ross, I played a fellow Merc as Badgerlock during the SI/ToA days. I generally tagged along and bothered you with newby questions hah :D I'll link the post to Chrien/Hala, can't remember which name he was using.

Grats (preGrats?) on making 50. I woke up on the other side of 30 last weekend :)

Unfortunately can't see myself having time to get back into DAoC any time soon, definitely miss it sometimes though!
SWG - Wookiee Tailor & Dark Jedi || DAoC - Merc CoH - Scrapper || CoV - Ninja MM
EQ2 - Jeweler || GW Wa/Me & Mo/Ne WoW - Warlock/Jeweller || LotRO - Champion/Armourer
WAR - Marauder, Choppa

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#7 » 08 Mar 2013, 06:46

Spoticus wrote:Unfortunately can't see myself having time to get back into DAoC any time soon, definitely miss it sometimes though!

TESO is sposedly the next DAoC wannnabe incarnation, just as many games have been before :)

rodin
Grunt

Post#8 » 15 Mar 2013, 14:34

Hey Spot

I remember you :).

I haven't spoken to Chrien since Warhammer, say hi for me.

Lots of wannabes come and go but will probably never have the same community feeling as the older online games.

Nobody wants to spend weeks or months levelling to Cap, if you can't hit it in a week, people will not play. Personally I thought this was one of the strengths of DAoC, going back to AC night after night, farming Draks for those last levels, meeting and grouping with people doing exactly the same thing, you got to know how to play your character and you got to know others who could play their's and you also got to know who were the idiots and best avoided.

Still running around Ywain4.

cheers

Ross
Rodinia Sorcerer
Rodrin Magus
Kawdor Blackguard