Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Who removed the ToR forums ;-)

Post#1 » 14 Feb 2013, 21:37

I'm in game and lonely.

Where is Leo I need lots of mods and enhancements.

Miss you all

-Wastey :D
Join the Southern Cross Steam group or find us on Facebook

<SWG 2003-2009> <EQ2 2005-2006> <WoW 2005-2015>
<LotRO 2007-2009> <AoC 2008-2009> <WAR 2008-2010>
<World of Tanks 2011-
premium> <SW:ToR 2011-active>
<TESO 2014-2014>

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who removed the ToR forums ;-)

Post#2 » 14 Feb 2013, 22:31

he played GW2 for awhile (and maxed crafting) then got bored :P
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#3 » 14 Feb 2013, 23:10

TESO / Neverwinter are next on the hamster-on-a-wheel-that-is-MMO-gaming-now....

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#4 » 15 Feb 2013, 00:16

hows the gree expansion?

for all its faults, swtors story was solid

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#5 » 15 Feb 2013, 11:26

Well the problem is in order for 1.7 to succeed you need players on Ilum to PvP with and the server is near dead. Fleet has 34-50 players online during peak.

There is an online petition that someone has started if you feel like signing it you can - http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/apac-server-merge/

I'm enjoying the game once again. When you hit 50 now you are given Tionese armor in the form of 90 tokens to buy it and also you are given a Recruit mk-2 PvP set.
If they merge the server I'll take Southern Cross to the PvP server with the biggest population. I have been playing a Republic trooper on The Harbinger (PvE) and that server has a big population so getting groups ins't an issue.

Some of the features I like now;
* The tier bonus is tied to the armor mod so you can move it to an orange set.
* Augmentation is now on everything! And even better you no longer have to crit craft the item, you can craft the aug slot and apply it to the piece at a mod station. Crit crafting still adds the slot through.
* The cartel market is pretty cool, some stupid items but it's not all bad, and being able to unlock Legacy items using cartel coins is a winner for those on a time budget for play time. I'm still a paying subsciber so I'm not that impacted by F2P limits.

The bad;
* Crowd control in PvP has been ruined, massive complaints saying they fucked things up worse than at lanuch.
* Playing solo. I would like to complete world bosses and achievement based stuff more.

Hope to see some people back in game.

Fitz your right about the hamster on the wheel play style. The days of my recollections of SWG are done I feel, MMO's these days are lucky to last momentum for anything longer than 6mths.
I would still be playing WAR and Age of Conan if SC was giving them a red hot go. The problem I have is that I can't commit to the fast paced leveling and by the time I get to end game people are already moving on.

C'est la vie

-Wastey :D

<World of Tanks 2011-
<TESO 2014-2014>

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#6 » 15 Feb 2013, 12:26

TESO is supposed to be sandbox (aka SWG do what you want) since its based on Skyrim, so maybe that will be a nice to change to the standard themepark go from land a to land b to land c then grind there for ever that we've been seeing alot of...

I still miss the crazy days of finding random spots in Ultima Online , like a cave of dragons, or random spawning orc mages, always felt..alive and dangerous, now its all ..safe zones and monotony..

WasteGate
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#7 » 15 Feb 2013, 13:05

Fitz wrote:TESO is supposed to be sandbox (aka SWG do what you want) since its based on Skyrim, so maybe that will be a nice to change to the standard themepark go from land a to land b to land c then grind there for ever that we've been seeing alot of...

I still miss the crazy days of finding random spots in Ultima Online , like a cave of dragons, or random spawning orc mages, always felt..alive and dangerous, now its all ..safe zones and monotony..

I bought Skyrim over xmas and should get in to to prep me for some TESO lore, I asked the question on the FB group do I need to play the earlier games to get an understanding and the general consensus was no. Didn't know it was a sandbox though. Developers need to break way from what has happened to MMO's and get them back to the grass roots.

There is another sandbox MMO I have a keen eye on "The Repopulation".
Gameplay sound very SWG, especially with no levels and 75 unique skills, and 14 tiers in each skill line.
http://www.therepopulation.com/index.ph ... e-overview
Player cities, deep crafting and dynamic missions that are mailed to your character. Sounds awesome :D

<World of Tanks 2011-
<TESO 2014-2014>

Return to “Other MMO's Discussion”