Just finished first GW2 dungeon - things i have learned

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Just finished first GW2 dungeon - things i have learned

Post#1 » 11 Jun 2012, 01:41

Just pugged the first dungeon, gave me what i beleive will be some good indications of how high end pve will work in gw2, here is my observations

Dodge - This may seem like an obvious one, but i cannot stress it enough, if something is coming at you, you need to get the fuck out of the way or you will die, the mobs hit hard, and if they hit you a few times in a row, your done

Conditions - My pug group charged in the first few packs and we got the crap kicked out of us, after a few wipes we sat back and said, what are we doing wrong, we then all changed a lot of our weapons / utility points to give several different effects, the next time we attempted, we have 10 - 15 stacks of vuln, 15 - 20 stacks of bleed and a burning always going on at once, went much smoother, learning how to time your blinds, cripples etc is going to be crucial for this game i think

Death - In dungeons in this game, you are going to die, its just how it is, going into a downed state is not the end of the world, unlike in solo pve where all the mobs are focused on you, theres actually a bit of time to get yourself back up, melee would be doing well to drag mobs away from your body to give you time to res, and also, for somebody to break off and help you get back up, knowing when to res an ally is really important and will be a good skill to have, everyone running to res you at once is probably going to be bad though, especially if a mob has aoe

so yeah, dungeons are very different from open world pve and world v world, its highly skill based, hard as nails and i think many people are going to get a lot of enjoyment out of it, the gear is awesome too

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Just finished first GW2 dungeon - things i have learned

Post#2 » 11 Jun 2012, 19:36

So I didnt get much time to play (stupid family), but from what I did play - was the migit race and the elves locked out? Couldnt seem to use them.

Made a Char Engineer...pretty fun stuff.

Nice change from the old saber slashin bolt fest of tor :D

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#3 » 12 Jun 2012, 07:43

Yeah 2 races are still locked out, but happy to skip the Asure and keep somethign fresh.

Dodge is something I think I need to look into more, noticed in a few encounters the need to dodge might reduce some deaths a bit more. Better learn how it works.

Fandin
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#4 » 12 Jun 2012, 09:38

i managed to complete the dungeon also, i agree with mooney with the dodging! i was fraps'ing the the run so i lagging a bit -.- took us about under 1hr to complete. the trap room was confusing and trying to get rytlock was just stupid because he kept dieing. the waypoints after each boss is goodidea abd i thought it helped because they were close to the fight so there wasnt any long runs back..

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#5 » 13 Jun 2012, 11:46

Excellent read on combo fields and finishers. So much under the hood to this game.

http://www.shadowrefuge.com/2012/06/cro ... -look.html

Return to “Other MMO's Discussion”