Engineer
6%
Necromancer
6%
Total votes: 18

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Re: GW2 - What professions for your main?

Post#16 » 06 May 2012, 12:15

Secro wrote:Anyone seen any good class write ups??

Gamebreaker.tv had 6 episodes of their editor playing a guardian if you wanted a peek at that.
/blamecam
/pillow secro

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#17 » 06 May 2012, 12:39

Mmm might check it out.
I liked the internet better when everything wasn't a video though :)
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#18 » 08 May 2012, 08:06

I chose ranger in the pole since I always play that class (Hunter in WoW, Squighearder in WAR). However the engineer looks interesting and with so much PvP, Thief might be a great class to play. Is there open world PvP or just WvWvW?

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#19 » 08 May 2012, 08:56

Bigman loves Ranger pole.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#20 » 08 May 2012, 09:07

Just WvWvW bigman, so no ganking etc :)

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#21 » 08 May 2012, 10:56

Secro wrote:Just WvWvW bigman, so no ganking etc :)

No ganking? Wut? The WvWvW zones are huuuuge, plenty of space to which gank ppl as they make their way to a quest or outpost, even some easy pickings if u tail an enemy Zerg and just stay far behind to gank the stragglers or the ppl trying join them. I'm already sharpening my axe
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#22 » 08 May 2012, 11:24

Ganking while you level up won't happen. If you queue/join a WvWvW you know you are going into pvp, so I don't consider that ganking :P

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#23 » 08 May 2012, 17:03

Thebigman wrote:I chose ranger in the pole since I always play that class (Hunter in WoW, Squighearder in WAR). However the engineer looks interesting and with so much PvP, Thief might be a great class to play. Is there open world PvP or just WvWvW?

I gave Engineer a run (got to about lvl 9) and it seems pretty cool. I made the mistake of thinking one or two levels higher mobs were okay. They weren't. The turrets kick arse, didnt try the elixers (I think it was that) style, but I hear good things. I'm leaning towards Thief, Engineer and Necro atm, but I wanna play them a LOT more before I make a decision.

But knowing me I'll just reroll 18 times and then ragequit, so...
/blamecam
/pillow secro

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#24 » 08 May 2012, 17:21

GW2 is very pvp focused, hell the name itself implies you will be waging war with and against other guilds. It would only make sense then when determining what class and spec to play to simply spend a weekend rolling low lvl toons and then q for some structured pvp. You'll be boosted to max lvl with all skills and traits unlocked and you'll be able to get a very good feel of what your selected class has to offer :D
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#25 » 08 May 2012, 17:43

ashvar wrote:GW2 is very pvp focused, hell the name itself implies you will be waging war with and against other guilds. It would only make sense then when determining what class and spec to play to simply spend a weekend rolling low lvl toons and then q for some structured pvp. You'll be boosted to max lvl with all skills and traits unlocked and you'll be able to get a very good feel of what your selected class has to offer :D

Good advice, I didnt try PvP at all. I will next time they have a weekend. Hopefully this one coming, but prolly the next one.
/blamecam
/pillow secro