The Secret World

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Re: The Secret World

Post#31 » 11 May 2012, 19:10

I'm gonna play it. Nothing else to do this weekend (damn you GW2 you coulda crushed the competition!).

But I always try Funcom betas, and get the rough end of the pineapple. But hey, Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me...like three times? something something something...I forget how it goes.

I'll be Noose in the betas, unless reserving your name doesnt count in them. Yes I pre-ordered, cos a> I'm not subscribed to anything, and b> God only knows when GW2 comes out.
/blamecam
/pillow secro

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#32 » 11 May 2012, 20:42

Full review monday thx

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#33 » 12 May 2012, 14:51

Me and Tilania are runnin around, we got nfi what we're doing. It looks pretty good, it's not GW2 tho.

Look up Noose or Tila if anyone else is in this weekend.

So far, it's good but kinda pointless to buy with GW2 so close. Might cancel after this weekend and get Diablo 3 to occupy my time til GW gets released.
/blamecam
/pillow secro

Ancalime
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post#34 » 12 May 2012, 18:18

does til know about GW2?
GW2: Ancal- Sylvari Guardian
SWTOR: Calidus - Darkness Assassin
BF3: Ancal211
Rift: Ancal - Dwarf Warrior
Aion: Ancal - Asmodian Ranger
WAR: Gnacka - Choppa, Elthrai - DoK

Tilania
The Patient
The Patient

Post#35 » 12 May 2012, 19:27

Yes Til is very impressed with GW2, and will be playing a ranger or a necro, or mebbe en engy

Levelled my Ranger to 23 in last beta and had a blast in WvW, reminded me of what we could do in the old War days!

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#36 » 13 May 2012, 11:39

Having real bad troubles with TSW today, I seem to either crash when loading zones (it just sits at the loading screen) OR I get a message that my connection to the server has been lost and sometimes it moves me to another instance of the zone..sometimes it just crashes.

Now it feels like a Funcom Beta!

:roll:
/blamecam
/pillow secro

Usambara
The Patient
The Patient

Post#37 » 14 May 2012, 12:33

I've tried this one on weekend due to a friend being Bat crazy for it.

And to be honest I think he is just Bat Crazy.

I had a hard time getting over the interaction.. hard to summarise.. but I had a major disconnect with my character. It felt alot like playing Fallen Earth. Not story,lore,gameplay, just talking about moving around, animations, objects in the world. Maybe it was just latency causing it but meh.

There was no immediately pickup and just play and have fun feeling. Felt like a chore playign to find out what a friend is all excited about. Which is not so good for something 2 months from release.

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#38 » 14 May 2012, 19:43

Usambara wrote:I've tried this one on weekend due to a friend being Bat crazy for it.

And to be honest I think he is just Bat Crazy.

I had a hard time getting over the interaction.. hard to summarise.. but I had a major disconnect with my character. It felt alot like playing Fallen Earth. Not story,lore,gameplay, just talking about moving around, animations, objects in the world. Maybe it was just latency causing it but meh.

There was no immediately pickup and just play and have fun feeling. Felt like a chore playign to find out what a friend is all excited about. Which is not so good for something 2 months from release.

This, and it's only a month away. Cancelled my preorder last night.
/blamecam
/pillow secro

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#39 » 20 Jun 2012, 21:42

Got a key for beta weekend #4 -- after reading this thread I'm tempted to mark it as spam.
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#40 » 24 Jun 2012, 22:44

Had a look at it myself, quite suprised, wasnt shit at all, preordered.

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#41 » 25 Jun 2012, 08:00

Forath wrote:Had a look at it myself, quite suprised, wasnt shit at all, preordered.

Yeh but this is you Forath, like thats a way to rate it for the rest of us :P

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#42 » 25 Jun 2012, 15:31

I'm the opposite, I just cancelled my preorder. Too much else on my plate, and it hasn't grabbed my attention enough so far.

Like most funcom games it'll probably be 10 times better in a year.
/blamecam
/pillow secro

nitrofenix
LotRO Kinship Leader
LotRO Kinship Leader

Post#43 » 26 Jun 2012, 21:50

Forath wrote:Had a look at it myself, quite suprised, wasnt shit at all, preordered.

Pretty sure you said the same thing about AoC...
LOTRO: Ohtarwen, lv71 Champ / Valaena, lv71 Warden / Meldariel, lv60 LM / Durandir, lv44 Hunter / Penni, lv43 Healbot

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#44 » 27 Jun 2012, 08:09

nitrofenix wrote:

Pretty sure you said the same thing about AoC...

ooo sick burn!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

My money is on Casey Heynes to win!

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#45 » 27 Jun 2012, 11:20

Aye AoC left egg on plenty of faces, mine included. I still have a workmate who reminds me of it every time I talk about the next mmo...

Having said that, with zero credibility, I can say with a straight face, The Secret World is different. Really big fan of the skill wheel, the quests were fun but not quest hub-> quest hub->quest hub. The atmosphere was really cool, all in all I'm pumped for launch this weekend.