The Secret World

Discussion of other live MMO's you play

Moderators: Kashak, Secro

Beothel
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Re: The Secret World

Post#61 » 25 Jul 2012, 20:25

It's unique in everything outside of combat. Combat itself is really, really basic. All your decisions are made putting your deck together and itemising - once you're actually in a fight, it's a case of "is your build good enough for this mob at your gear level?" It's a result of having maybe 4 actives you use in rotation if you make a well rounded build.

Outside of combat, the game is great - atmosphere is awesome, voiceovers are great, the writing is amazing (I actually look forward to reading quest text at the end of a mission). I love the deck system except for the fact that it's really difficult to change the direction of your build or experiment as you level. Putting together a build is fun, but then you realise how bloody long you'll have to play for in order to get there, and you'll only have the one build to play with on the way.

So yea, my opinion: atmosphere/questing/writing is amazing, but combat is so stale (especially compared to GW2 - there's just no comparison). It's all about customising and trying out builds, which they just make too difficult to do.
Guild Wars2 - Beothel (Sylvari Ranger), Ailtrai (Human Engi))
SW:TOR - Beothel (Sith Marauder), Illusia (Chiss Sniper)
LoTRO - Beothel (Human Lore-Master)
WAR - Beothel (Chaos Marauder)

Wargavarre
Blademaster
Blademaster

Post#62 » 25 Jul 2012, 21:57

Hey all - long time.
Zero and I are playing Secret World too. Loving it. Best questing I've ever seen in an MMO to be honest.

Funcom has actually done a really nice job with this. Specially love the cross server environment. Can guild up with people on different servers, quest with them, everything. Really doesn't matter what server you roll on.

I've seen Southern Cross running around in game, but wasn't completely sure if it was this guild or not. There was another bunch in The Old Republic using the name... :/

Anyways, send us a tell if you see us in game...( or a guild invite :D ) Our characters are Zerowing and Wargrum (both Templars). Currently trawling through the the Savage Coast area and trying to 4 man the Inferno with a couple of friends. :lol:

Warg

Forath
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#63 » 25 Jul 2012, 22:36

Finished the main story arc last night.
I thought swtor's story arc's were good, they don't compare to the atmosphere, creepy'ness and often hilarity of the secret world. Of course I'm playing illuminati, half the shit they talk is snide bullshit, I love it.

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#64 » 26 Jul 2012, 10:59

Wargavarre wrote:I've seen Southern Cross running around in game, but wasn't completely sure if it was this guild or not. There was another bunch in The Old Republic using the name... :/

These guys are really trying to mess with us... lol
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#65 » 06 Aug 2012, 11:55

still having fun running around with Fize solving mysterious mysteries. If you can resist the lure of walkthroughs the puzzle quests are awesome fun (if you like that kind of stuff). Game fills a completely different niche to GW2 IMHO :) (and is very good keeping me distracted for another 20 days :p)

GW2 wooooo! got a 4 day w/e planned release day.
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#66 » 07 Aug 2012, 17:58

Kashak wrote:still having fun running around with Fize solving mysterious mysteries. If you can resist the lure of walkthroughs the puzzle quests are awesome fun (if you like that kind of stuff). Game fills a completely different niche to GW2 IMHO :) (and is very good keeping me distracted for another 20 days :p)

kash what server you on?

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#67 » 07 Aug 2012, 19:33

Froste wrote:
Kashak wrote:still having fun running around with Fize solving mysterious mysteries. If you can resist the lure of walkthroughs the puzzle quests are awesome fun (if you like that kind of stuff). Game fills a completely different niche to GW2 IMHO :) (and is very good keeping me distracted for another 20 days :p)

kash what server you on?

look who just waltzes in
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Thebigman
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#68 » 07 Aug 2012, 21:46

Who's Froste? The cool guy who plays SWTOR in a Sith bath Robe?

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#69 » 07 Aug 2012, 22:58

hai guyz

Noose
Brewmaster
Brewmaster

Post#70 » 08 Aug 2012, 11:26

Froste wrote:hai guyz

HAI! :shock:
/blamecam
/pillow secro

aquilae
The Patient
The Patient

Post#71 » 08 Aug 2012, 17:18

Froste wrote:hai guyz

Peldwar
Peldwyn
Kalerafiki

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#72 » 20 Aug 2012, 15:56

Froste wrote:

kash what server you on?

No idea ! I'll try and remember to PM you the server name. We dont get to play much, jsut a few quests every other night co-op
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#73 » 22 Aug 2012, 21:37

Kashak wrote:
Froste wrote:

kash what server you on?

No idea ! I'll try and remember to PM you the server name. We dont get to play much, jsut a few quests every other night co-op

sameziez, started my masters after hours so that kills my spare time QQ