The Old Republic Books

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about The Old Republic

Moderator: TOR Officers

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

The Old Republic Books

Post#1 » 28 Mar 2012, 21:22

I am currently a member on an audiobook website called Audible ( audible.com ) and i just noticed a series of audio books based on the Old Republic MMO before the game starts i beleive, they have 4 books at the moment which am i am looking into, the first of which is named Fatal Alliance

Tassaa Bareesh, a matriarch in the Hutt crime cartel, is holding an auction that’s drawing attention from across the galaxy. Representatives of both the Republic and the Sith Empire are present, along with a Jedi Padawan sent to investigate, a disenfranchised trooper drummed out of the Republic’s elite Blackstar Squad, and a mysterious Mandalorian with a private agenda. But the Republic’s envoy is not what he seems, the Empire’s delegate is a ruthless Sith apprentice, the Jedi Padawan is determined to do the right thing and terrified that he can’t, the trooper hopes to redeem her reputation, and the Mandalorian is somehow managing to keep one step ahead of everyone.

None of these guests—invited or uninvited—have any intention of participating in the auction. Instead they plan to steal the prize, which is locked inside an impregnable vault: two burned chunks of an exploded star cruiser, one of which may hold the key to the wealth of an entire world.

But the truth about the treasure is dangerous and deadly. And in the end, Sith and Jedi, Republic and Empire, must do something they’ve never done before, something that all the agents of good and evil could never make them do: join together to stop a powerful threat that could destroy the galaxy.

i will be listening to it tonight probably, i just thought i would make this post in case anyone is interested in that sort of thing

the third book is titled Revan btw, i can already see ancals ears pricking up

p.s i assume these are also available as proper paper books too, i just find reading too un-productive, the internet has taught me to multi task :D

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: The Old Republic Books

Post#2 » 28 Mar 2012, 21:43

Mooney wrote:I am currently a member on an audiobook website called Audible ( audible.com ) and i just noticed a series of audio books based on the Old Republic MMO before the game starts i beleive, they have 4 books at the moment which am i am looking into, the first of which is named Fatal Alliance

Tassaa Bareesh, a matriarch in the Hutt crime cartel, is holding an auction that’s drawing attention from across the galaxy. Representatives of both the Republic and the Sith Empire are present, along with a Jedi Padawan sent to investigate, a disenfranchised trooper drummed out of the Republic’s elite Blackstar Squad, and a mysterious Mandalorian with a private agenda. But the Republic’s envoy is not what he seems, the Empire’s delegate is a ruthless Sith apprentice, the Jedi Padawan is determined to do the right thing and terrified that he can’t, the trooper hopes to redeem her reputation, and the Mandalorian is somehow managing to keep one step ahead of everyone.

None of these guests—invited or uninvited—have any intention of participating in the auction. Instead they plan to steal the prize, which is locked inside an impregnable vault: two burned chunks of an exploded star cruiser, one of which may hold the key to the wealth of an entire world.

But the truth about the treasure is dangerous and deadly. And in the end, Sith and Jedi, Republic and Empire, must do something they’ve never done before, something that all the agents of good and evil could never make them do: join together to stop a powerful threat that could destroy the galaxy.

i will be listening to it tonight probably, i just thought i would make this post in case anyone is interested in that sort of thing

the third book is titled Revan btw, i can already see ancals ears pricking up

p.s i assume these are also available as proper paper books too, i just find reading too un-productive, the internet has taught me to multi task :D

You..pay for things...on the interweb??

Fandin
High Overlord
High Overlord

Post#3 » 29 Mar 2012, 08:03

Mooney wrote:the third book is titled Revan btw, i can already see ancals ears pricking up

Ancal is secretly a Elf?

Ancalime
Dreadlord
Dreadlord

Post#4 » 29 Mar 2012, 13:00

Mooney wrote:the third book is titled Revan btw, i can already see ancals ears pricking up

Who are you calling a prick?!
GW2: Ancal- Sylvari Guardian
SWTOR: Calidus - Darkness Assassin
BF3: Ancal211
Rift: Ancal - Dwarf Warrior
Aion: Ancal - Asmodian Ranger
WAR: Gnacka - Choppa, Elthrai - DoK

ashvar
Stood in the Fire
Stood in the Fire

Post#5 » 30 Mar 2012, 12:26

Yeah I bought those books in paperback a little while before swtor was released, a good enough read if ur a sw fan but nothing fantastical about them, specially the way they were written. At 10 bucks ea tho it was an even buy
I asked a popular writer who often wrote about freedom and free markets and asked him what he thought would be the True symbol of 'freedom'.
He answered succinctly:

"Whatever is the opposite of surrender"

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#6 » 30 Mar 2012, 18:59

ashvar wrote: a good enough read if ur a sw fan but nothing fantastical about them, specially the way they were written. At 10 bucks ea tho it was an even buy

i concur with this statement after listening to about half of the first book

it captures the star wars universe quite well though, its very easy to visualize all of the characters / locations if you have played the mmo as well, which adds to the experience

Mooney
Guild Master
Guild Master

Post#7 » 18 Apr 2012, 19:39

Just thought i would update this

just finished the second book (Betrayed) which has a story to it but it features Darth Malgus in it, at the same sort of time as when he owns the jedi temple, which is awesome if you like your empire lore, really gives you a good amount of information about what drives Malgus to do the things he does, anyone who has done the Ilum daily quests and the flashpoints Battle for Ilum and False Emp will know what i mean

Return to “The Cantina”