Officially launching in AU on the 1st March.

For non-Southern Cross and Southern Cross members to talk about The Old Republic

Moderator: TOR Officers

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Officially launching in AU on the 1st March.

Post#31 » 20 Feb 2012, 14:09

According to whirlpool it's been officially confirmed that the oceanic servers ARE being hosting in Australia.

Well would you look at that!
Steam: MrSecro | PSN: Secro

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#32 » 20 Feb 2012, 14:27

touche

ps, calling it early but Vic > BrisVegas
http://toroz.com.au/2012/02/oceanic-ser ... confirmed/

Starbucks CA gonna loose a few employees now?
3. There’ll be optional free transfers to the new servers for anyone meeting these criteria:

To qualify for free character transfers, players must meet the following requirements by Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT:

You specified that your country is Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, or Singapore during your account registration process.

Redeemed an Official Game Production Registration Code on http://www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com Code Redemption Center.

Have had or currently have entered a valid recurring payment method or redeemed a Pre-Paid Game Time Code.

Only characters created on The Old Republic servers by February 28, 2012, 5:01PM EDT, 7:01PM NZDT, 2:01PM HKT, 2:01PM SGT qualify for transfers

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#33 » 20 Feb 2012, 14:51

Azmodeus wrote:Starbucks CA gonna loose a few employees now?

I changed mine about a month ago back to Australia. It better check current settings and not launch settings or I will be pissed :/

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#34 » 20 Feb 2012, 15:22

They'll prolly be in melb, but sydney would be cool :P

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#35 » 20 Feb 2012, 15:26

Secro wrote:They'll prolly be in melb, but sydney would be cool :P

I think Bendigo is a great place to host them :p

Secro
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#36 » 20 Feb 2012, 15:37

i heard fitz has a spare room?? :D

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#37 » 20 Feb 2012, 15:38

roadtrip!

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#38 » 20 Feb 2012, 15:49

Azmodeus wrote:roadtrip!

To Bendigo? What the hell for? I WANT A REAL JOB THAT PAYS BIG CITY MONEY

Fucking sys admin on 55k pa BULLSHIT RAGEQUIT

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#39 » 22 Feb 2012, 07:24

fkn fail

What plans are in place for maintenance routines on the Australian servers? Will they follow the same downtime patterns as the US and European servers?

Grant: Any game updates or general maintenance will be performed across all worldwide locations simultaneously. Minimizing service downtime is something that we take very seriously and we will continue to evaluate the timing of all of our maintenance windows to ensure that they are performed at times that will impact the fewest players possible. Our goal is to continue to offer the same quality and reliability as we have up to this point.

http://games.on.net/article/14905/SWTOR_Australian_Launch_Details_We_Speak_to_BioWare_About_All_Things_Oz

Skidmark
The Patient
The Patient

Post#40 » 22 Feb 2012, 11:14

Froste wrote:fkn fail

What plans are in place for maintenance routines on the Australian servers? Will they follow the same downtime patterns as the US and European servers?

Grant: Any game updates or general maintenance will be performed across all worldwide locations simultaneously. Minimizing service downtime is something that we take very seriously and we will continue to evaluate the timing of all of our maintenance windows to ensure that they are performed at times that will impact the fewest players possible. Our goal is to continue to offer the same quality and reliability as we have up to this point.

http://games.on.net/article/14905/SWTOR_Australian_Launch_Details_We_Speak_to_BioWare_About_All_Things_Oz

I am in no way suprised by this at all, I would've been shocked if it was otherwise. Their rationalisation will be why should they run a second update night when they can just hit all that shit remotely with one team in one go? I know I only ever wanted to do one update cycle a week when I was in IT.
=-=-=-=-=

Kashak
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#41 » 22 Feb 2012, 12:21

tues is great for me anyway :)
Live! Kashak PSN Kash_Surgeon
Steam Surg3on / Kashak
Old stuff: CoH - Professor Magma, WoW - Kashak, Kashuk, WAR - Kashak (Magus), Rift - Kashtekur
Bishop AKA Jackdin AKA Autekur 1979-2011. Miss you.

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#42 » 22 Feb 2012, 13:11

Kashak wrote:tues is great for me anyway :)

Worked for the past 7~ years right

Froste
Blowjob plz
Blowjob plz

Post#43 » 28 Feb 2012, 10:57

so has there been any indication that there will be an exodus from NA servers by other Aussie guilds?

Fitz
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#44 » 28 Feb 2012, 11:06

Froste wrote:so has there been any indication that there will be an exodus from NA servers by other Aussie guilds?

I havent seen any mention of it - although theres been no mention that I can see of much more on the actual Australiasian launch...odd considering its 2 days away..do local stores stock the game yet? What servers are where? names? times of launch etc?

Either way im reserving names just to be on the safe side :D

Azmodeus
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Post#45 » 28 Feb 2012, 11:16

Froste wrote:so has there been any indication that there will be an exodus from NA servers by other Aussie guilds?

I try not to read that much, find it disproves a lot of my arguments :?

My current thoughts though are that unless there’s a mass transfer of Swiftsure and/or the ping is ridiculously good looking (hello aus servers), I’m currently happy with a high pop server that has no queues.

Return to “The Cantina”